NFL Thread 2013-14

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Every update that comes seems to put the Pats at the head of the pack
I'm not sure he would take the deal that the pats put on the table though. He wants similar to Talib doesn't he?

iSparky

If you're prepared to pay Talib $10m per, you should be prepared to pay Revis $12-14m.
Personally I have not got that kind of money. Maybe they will offer him a good enough deal though. It would be nice.

iSparky

Breaking on NFL.com now, Bucs have just released Revis.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Jets beat writer: "Member of Darrelle Revis camp chimes in on if he thinks cornerback will end up on Patriots (assuming he's cut). 'It's going to happen'"

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Revis would be a big-investment but he's worth it and would be an upgrade on Talib. Do it Bill :drool:

ha_rooney

Golden Tate to Detroit. Good signing IMO.

ha_rooney

Going into muppet mode: Some random tweeter has claimed Revis was seen arriving in Boston earlier. This will be the most exciting airport 'sighting' of a player until Kroos lands in Manchester this summer :drool:

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
I just need to know there was no chance for the Jets at that price. Pls tell me that he was desperate to play for the Pats or whatever and not that the Jets could have had him but Woody Johnson was still pissed at his agents/Idzik didn't want him. Pls.

KeninDC

Rest in Peace
I see you beating me to the post as equal compensation for signing a Jets legend. Might even throw in a bag of peanuts.
For a time being a United supporter offset my misery as a Jets' fan. Not this year.

Of course Revis ended up in NE. My life sucks.

ha_rooney

Lovely news!! Was disappointed to lose Talib but this more than makes up for his departure. Now if only we could add a top-calibre WR and keep Gronk fit...

Anderson18

:nervous:
It's done. We landed fecking Darelle Revis. I still can't believe it. If there is some room left there are still guys left called Jared Allen or Stevie Smith. Minitron would be nice too.

Anderson18

How many god damn Pats fans are there on the caf
There are also some in the newbies :lol: Come on. You played the Revis thing as good as you could. The pick you got for Revis turned out to be Sheldon Richardson. What would a one year lease bring for the Jets? But I am still curious to see how this whole jerk thing plans out.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
There are also some in the newbies :lol: Come on. You played the Revis thing as good as you could. The pick you got for Revis turned out to be Sheldon Richardson. What would a one year lease bring for the Jets? But I am still curious to see how this whole jerk thing plans out.
It was a great trade, though this definitely dampens it a little. The Jets badly need a cornerback, and sat out Davis and Verner. They've never really had a great front 7 and secondary at the same time, always either one or the other. This was a terrific chance to do so, and also complete what would have been one of the all-time great trades.

Anderson18

It was a great trade, though this definitely dampens it a little. The Jets badly need a cornerback, and sat out Davis and Verner. They've never really had a great front 7 and secondary at the same time, always either one or the other. This was a terrific chance to do so, and also complete what would have been one of the all-time great trades.
Look the Jets D can still be great with a guy like Rodgers Cromartie and 2nd year Milliner, but as a team that deal wouldn't have made alot of sense. Geno Smith is no franchise QB, the WR are worse than the Pats (and that's saying something) and the O-Line needs some talent. Frustrating as it is, this rental wouldn't have made alot of sense.

Embrace the rebuilding mode, as the D looks pretty good already, even without Revis. The offense is your big problem.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Look the Jets D can still be great with a guy like Rodgers Cromartie and 2nd year Milliner, but as a team that deal wouldn't have made alot of sense. Geno Smith is no franchise QB, the WR are worse than the Pats (and that's saying something) and the O-Line needs some talent. Frustrating as it is, this rental wouldn't have made alot of sense.

Embrace the rebuilding mode, as the D looks pretty good already, even without Revis. The offense is your big problem.
Including Sanchez's inevitable cut, they're sitting on about $50m in cap space. Between that and 12 draft picks there was plenty enough to get Revis and look after the offence. Plus it wouldn't be just a rental, they could have put the franchise tag on him for 2015 even without reaching a longer-term deal.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
The Jets get Decker.

5 years, $36.25m, $15m guaranteed. I like it.

Last edited:

ha_rooney

Good player but that's a big commitment considering his best seasons came when Peyton was throwing him the ball.

Are the Jets sticking with Geno as their starting QB or will they bring someone else in (trade/draft)?

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
He did alright with Tebow.

Word was that they were planning to bring in a vet although that's quietened down a bit. Wouldn't mind Schaub on a prove-it deal since most of his detrimental statistics last year seemed like outliers. They've been most heavily linked with Vick. For the draft, I don't think they're outright planning for a QB, but I think it's a definite possibility if someone like Garoppolo falls.

iSparky

Revis! Can't believe we got him :lol:

We'll this makes up for losing talib!

iSparky

I will work hard during the off season to erase any previous connection he had to the Jets from my memory. He is a Patriot now :drool:

De Selby

Scottish
Supports
Guangzhou Pharmaceutical F.C.
He did alright with Tebow.

Word was that they were planning to bring in a vet although that's quietened down a bit. Wouldn't mind Schaub on a prove-it deal since most of his detrimental statistics last year seemed like outliers. They've been most heavily linked with Vick. For the draft, I don't think they're outright planning for a QB, but I think it's a definite possibility if someone like Garoppolo falls.
Or Zach Mettenberger.

And that Decker deal's not a bad one. He can daydream about what he can do with his money as the ball sails over his head from one of Geno's zingers ;)

(or he can just run a deep in-cut against Arrington and the Pats, in which case he'll be open all day long)

Anderson18

The Broncos are playing a dangerous game here. They lived from their offense, not their defense. Losing Moreno and Decker, will spending top $ on D I don't know if that's the right way. I mean for the money they spent on Ware they could've kept Decker and probably brought back Shaun Phillips. Welker isn't getting any younger and they have to pay 4 great players in Harris, Thomas 2x and Von Miller next year.

The Decker deal is really good for the Jets, Just 1m$ than the Amendola/Welker deals last year, but way better player at this point. Wonder where Steve Smith will end up

Andrew~

Really disappointed Golden Tate is leaving Seattle. But glad he's got a great deal in a pass heavy team that needed a #2, so I can see why he went for it. Lions are getting a very good receiver and special teams player, hope he does well there.

iSparky

Brandon Browner visiting the Patriots according to ESPN.