Edinson Cavani

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Surely one of the best strikers in the world right now?
Just the complete striker.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
Only seen him play a handful of times but always looks great. So my knowledge on him is based more on what I have read. His stats for Napoli are outstanding

How much did they sign him for?

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
I must really have seen him in off games at the world cup because he looked rubbish... to the extent that i couldnt believe he was a professional footballer!! How could he be so much better now?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Fully expect City to table a £40m bid next Summer.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
I must really have seen him in off games at the world cup because he looked rubbish... to the extent that i couldnt believe he was a professional footballer!! How could he be so much better now?
Because for Uruguay he was asked to play out wide and be a workhorse? Added to that he's relished having the direct, width-based attacking game that Napoli have used with plenty of support to find his runs from more central positions, and none of this is the case with Uruguay. They're all about being compact and keeping it tight in the midfield, sorely lacking creativity outside of Forlan. There's still a hint of the 'where did that come from' when it comes to Cavani, though. In over 70 less games he's nearly scored the same amount of goals for Napoli as he had for Palermo.

Fully expect City to table a £40m bid next Summer.
He's basically a more mobile, more versatile version of Dzeko.

Ludens the Red

Looking really classy right now in a team that'll probably win Serie A this season but he'll be off at the end of the season, but not city, I reckon Real will take him.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Looking really classy right now in a team that'll probably win Serie A this season but he'll be off at the end of the season, but not city, I reckon Real will take him.
I'm not convinced Napoli are going to be champions this season. Still think Milan will edge it over the course of season.

Devilton

Don't love him too much, City have had their eye on him for a while now and there's every chance he moves there when they get Tevez and possibly Balotelli off the books.

Top striker though. World cup performance really gave him the boost and he's kicked off ever since then.

KM

Scored twice again, didn't watched the match(obviously). Any one who watched the match can tell how he played today.

KM

Hart should've done better for both of the goals.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Yea. Hard to save the 2nd one. Hard and low. Doesn't matter if it was close to the keeper. He has to react the same time the shot comes to be able to save it.
Should have done better in the first goal by having a defender on the post. Noticed that both his posts were empty. Should always guard one of them IMO.

Cavani reminds be of Luca Toni in his best season. Cavani certainly looks the better player overall though.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Palermo must be spewing about how well he's kicked on since moving to Napoli. What a shame they couldn't keep their best players, they were building quite a nice squad with Kjaer, Pastore and Cavani. At least they still have Hernandez.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He's nothing like that lumbering carthorse.
Well, I compared him to Luca Toni in his best season. Not in general. Toni did it all that season and ended up the highest scorer in Europe. He was heading them, bicycling them, shooting them and heeling them in. Couldn't get the ball of him when he had his back turned at ya. He was great in 2006.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I was listening to Football Weekly a couple of weeks ago and James Richardson was saying that Cavani has been poor all season apart from the game against Meeeelan when he scored a hatrick. Indeed if you look at his stats he's scored only 1 goal in the other 8 league games he's played this season.

That's about all I know about how he's been doing this season.

Kelvin

that 1st goal was very difficult to score from, back behind the ball, , still manage to head the ball in from an acute angle.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The first goal looked like it barely grazed his head. Hart could've definitely done better on the 2nd.

Varun

Staff
hart should have saved the first one. The 2nd was hit very early though and low. tough to stop those.

quality player though. has looked fantastic this season.

marjen

Desperately wants to be like Noodle
At the world cup he basically ran the right hand side for Uruguay - his role was a quite defensive one, I'm guessing because of his work rate.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Indeed, but even when he's played centrally he's still looked like a bit of a donkey the times I've seen him, so it's more than just being played out of position. Antohan (or anyone else from Uruguay), has he ever shown glimpses of this kind of form for country?

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
This season is key for him as to know if he was a one season wonder in terms of consistent goalscoring or not.He hasn't hit the same consistency of last season but he's still really good.
I like the way Napoli play football, fast paced football.Entertaining football

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Indeed, but even when he's played centrally he's still looked like a bit of a donkey the times I've seen him, so it's more than just being played out of position. Antohan (or anyone else from Uruguay), has he ever shown glimpses of this kind of form for country?
Glimpses alone, usually when he has been shifted to a more central role and playing on the counter.

The emphasis from Uruguay's manager is on the team, the shape, tactical discipline, etc. We alternate 4-3-3 and 4-4-2 and in both Cavani is shifted wide, when played at all. Suarez and Forlan are the preferred partnership.