Europe's best passers : the Pass Masters

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Parker's is only so high because 735 of those passes were exchanged in rapid fire with King, Kaboul and Dawson.

Ekeke

Park being number 1 indicates the huge flaws in doing it like this. He has 100% accuracy... from 3 passes. Xavi is the only player from the top 6 who tries to create things with his passing. But if you take these things into account and just look at the more offensive players who have attempted more than 3 passes, theres a little bit of information here

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Park being number 1 indicates the huge flaws in doing it like this. He has 100% accuracy... from 3 passes. Xavi is the only player from the top 6 who tries to create things with his passing. But if you take these things into account and just look at the more offensive players who have attempted more than 3 passes, theres a little bit of information here
:lol:

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Joe Allen has been great this year. Before he passed, my girlfriends younger brother used to play at county level with him. Great to see him doing well.

AttackingFlair

Teams

Barcelona - 89.2%
Bayern Munich - 87.0%
Manchester City - 86.2%
Real Madrid - 85.5%
Chelsea - 85.5%
Swansea City - 85.2%
AC Milan - 85.1%
AS Roma - 84.9%
Tottenham Hotspur - 84.7%
Arsenal - 84.6 %

Varun

Staff
:eek:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Teams

Barcelona - 89.2%
Bayern Munich - 87.0%
Manchester City - 86.2%
Real Madrid - 85.5%
Chelsea - 85.5%
Swansea City - 85.2%
AC Milan - 85.1%
AS Roma - 84.9%
Arsenal - 84.6 %
Were not even in the top ten?

That Gibson, I tell you. Really is hampering this football club.

AttackingFlair

These stats are on the Telegraph

Amount of passes completed (premier league only), didn't say accuracy though or how many attempted

Arsenal 11188
Manchester City 11088
Swansea City 11065
Chelsea 10742
Tottenham Hotspur 10590
Liverpool 10302
Manchester United 10242
Fulham 9330
West Bromwich Albion 8185
Everton 8158

Varun

Staff
Teams

Barcelona - 89.2%
Bayern Munich - 87.0%
Manchester City - 86.2%
Real Madrid - 85.5%
Chelsea - 85.5%
Swansea City - 85.2%
AC Milan - 85.1%
AS Roma - 84.9%
Arsenal - 84.6 %
Great to see Swansea up there. Breath of fresh air them. Surprised to see Chelsea there tbh. Would have thought we'd be there somewhere..

onesaf

:lol::lol:

AttackingFlair

Great to see Swansea up there. Breath of fresh air them. Surprised to see Chelsea there tbh. Would have thought we'd be there somewhere..
Ive noticed in the last few years that Chelsea have put have an emphasis on ball retention. However, they just haven't had the creativity. If they sort out their defence and give Mata a central role, they could be very good. At the moment they're still a work in progress clearly.

Varun

Staff
Ive noticed in the last few years that Chelsea have put have an emphasis on ball retention. However, they just haven't had the creativity. If they sort out their defence and give Mata a central role, they could be very good. At the moment they're still a work in progress clearly.
Yeah, they do keep the ball a lot. The slow and patient build up results in many passes i suppose.

ExcuseMeFrench

Red Pavan

shittest username ever manutddabest791
Teams

Barcelona - 89.2%
Bayern Munich - 87.0%
Manchester City - 86.2%
Real Madrid - 85.5%
Chelsea - 85.5%
Swansea City - 85.2%
AC Milan - 85.1%
AS Roma - 84.9%
Arsenal - 84.6 %
A bit of a shame we are not on that list, didn't expect Chelsea to be there either.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
To OP, I find it hard to believe that 5 of the top 10 passers in Europe play in the PL. Were all European leagues included?

Inspectah deck

To OP, I find it hard to believe that 5 of the top 10 passers in Europe play in the PL. Were all European leagues included?
1 Thiago alcantara-- 10 starts---- 93.7%---- 1088 passes
2 Leon Britton------ 20 starts----- 93.3%---- 1209 passes
3 Seydou Keita----- 7 starts------- 93.2%---- 574 Passes
4 Xavi------------ 16 starts------- 93%------- 1830 passes
5 Jake Livermore---- 3 starts------- 92%------- 289 Passes

Those are the top 5 in europe.

MG

Um... I think that was the whole joke of the thread Ekeke ;)

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I'm genuinly surprised that Carrick isn't there, almost every game goes by and he barely wastes possession

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Well I've just checked and Carrick's pass completion is currently at 89.6% which is higher than Silva (albeit from far fewer passes)

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
1 Thiago alcantara-- 10 starts---- 93.7%---- 1088 passes
2 Leon Britton------ 20 starts----- 93.3%---- 1209 passes
3 Seydou Keita----- 7 starts------- 93.2%---- 574 Passes
4 Xavi------------ 16 starts------- 93%------- 1830 passes
5 Jake Livermore---- 3 starts------- 92%------- 289 Passes

Those are the top 5 in europe.

Thiago. :eek:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Spot the only odd one in this thread :lol:

Jimy_Hills_Chin

Desperately wants to be ITK
I'm genuinly surprised that Carrick isn't there, almost every game goes by and he barely wastes possession
Really?

I think Carrick is generally over-rated on here. He is a very good player but he is not a world beater. I would have been more surprised to see him in the top ten passers rather than not.

Comparing him to David Silva is a waste of time too. Silva has 5 goals and 12 assists from 22 starts in the Premier League this year whilst Carrick has 2 goals and 1 assist from 14 starts. If Silva had a better pass completion rate I would have been stunned as he is a far far more attacking and risk taking player.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Really?

I think Carrick is generally over-rated on here. He is a very good player but he is not a world beater. I would have been more surprised to see him in the top ten passers rather than not.
You think everyone on that list is a 'world beater'?

Varun

Staff
Really?

Comparing him to David Silva is a waste of time too. Silva has 5 goals and 12 assists from 22 starts in the Premier League this year whilst Carrick has 2 goals and 1 assist from 14 starts. If Silva had a better pass completion rate I would have been stunned as he is a far far more attacking and risk taking player.
Its not what the list is about. Players of Carrick's ilk are far more likely to be there as proved by the presence of players like parker, toure, terry etc.

Jimy_Hills_Chin

You think everyone on that list is a 'world beater'?
No I do not, though I do not think that that is relevant. My point is that I am not surprised that Carrick is not on the list, just the same as I am not surprised at United not being in the team list. I do not feel that we are a great passing side or that we have any exceptional passers in the team. (bar Scholes, though obviously he has only been back for a short period).

kishankhagram

It is a waste of time as their roles are completely different and hence the goal/assist stats are not relevant

Edit: unless that was the point you were hinting at? if so, my mistake

Jimy_Hills_Chin

It is a waste of time as their roles are completely different and hence the goal/assist stats are not relevant

Edit: unless that was the point you were hinting at? if so, my mistake
I used those statistics to empathise how different their roles are. One is essentially an attacking midfielder and one is essentially a defensive midfielder. I would expect Silva to have a lower pass completion rate with higher numbers in goals and assists as he is looking to finish moves and play the final pass. I was responding to a poster that seemed to find relevance in Carrick having a better pass completion rate than Silva.