Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getsme

He was dropped because of the red card against Arsenal. Then we found some cohesion and form, and couldnt find his way back into the team.

He last "real" start was the FA cup game, where he was our most threatening player, and also put in a beauty to get us back into the game.
He gets dropped we find form, what a coincidence.

Getsme

Yeah, its all his fault. Not our manager and the rest of the team.

So, you gonna blame him if we dont start this season well?
Jesus H Christ :lol:
Do you even know what you're discussing or do you just post random shit on this forum?
As good as Di Maria was at the start of the season he was as bad if not worse by the end of it. Therefore, due to his piss poor attitude he most likely cost us points.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Jesus H Christ :lol:
Do you even know what you're discussing or do you just post random shit on this forum?
As good as Di Maria was at the start of the season he was as bad if not worse by the end of it. Therefore, due to his piss poor attitude he most likely cost us points.
Dude. Check your posts. You seem to have no idea on how make a point.

I dont understand why posts like this. Always want to act as if youre more insightful than others.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yep, definitely. The thing is Falcao was bought on name alone. He was just a crap signing that Woody has to take full responsibility for. Di María was bought because he was a big-money Galactico but also because he could offer something very few others in world football offer - that pace and creativity we still sorely lack. I prefer to look at it as a risky gamble. It's easy to forget just how much of a wave he made when he played his first few games...

So even though United were far from his first choice he clearly had the potential to do great things for us. His attitude grew continually worse as the season went on but that all stemmed from how he was managed. If van Gaal treated him like a Ronaldo-esque superstar and gave him the freedom to do whatever he liked then I think he would've been perfectly happy here and would've been one of the few world class players in the league. Van Gaal isn't that kind of manager though. Moved him away from his most influential position for the benefit of the team and the "philosophy" and then publicly criticised him.

That's the worst part of it all. Woody wanted the Galactico signing and van Gaal had no interest in treating any player like a Galactico. Complete mismatch.
The selling of Di Maria is one of the happiest news for a Pool fan. Players like him don't come around often regardless of first season jitters. And at a Carrollesque loss makes it even sweeter (don't bother posting numbers). :)

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The selling of Di Maria is one of the happiest news for a Pool fan. Players like him don't come around often regardless of first season jitters. And at a Carrollesque loss makes it even sweeter (don't bother posting numbers). :)
You're making it sound like we're selling Suarez to Barcelona and signing Balotelli in his place.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Yep, definitely. The thing is Falcao was bought on name alone. He was just a crap signing that Woody has to take full responsibility for. Di María was bought because he was a big-money Galactico but also because he could offer something very few others in world football offer - that pace and creativity we still sorely lack. I prefer to look at it as a risky gamble. It's easy to forget just how much of a wave he made when he played his first few games...

So even though United were far from his first choice he clearly had the potential to do great things for us. His attitude grew continually worse as the season went on but that all stemmed from how he was managed. If van Gaal treated him like a Ronaldo-esque superstar and gave him the freedom to do whatever he liked then I think he would've been perfectly happy here and would've been one of the few world class players in the league. Van Gaal isn't that kind of manager though. Moved him away from his most influential position for the benefit of the team and the "philosophy" and then publicly criticised him.

That's the worst part of it all. Woody wanted the Galactico signing and van Gaal had no interest in treating any player like a Galactico. Complete mismatch.
Good post. Some posters' ability to change their opinions on a drop of a hat is baffling.

clarkydaz

ahh he leaves united and he's world class again

zing

Zingle balls
He's a world class player and had a bad season. van Gaal should've found a way for it to work.

He's the kind of player that will be the difference between a title challenge and a team challenging for 3rd/4th.

SirFergie

He's a world class player and had a bad season. van Gaal should've found a way for it to work.

He's the kind of player that will be the difference between a title challenge and a team challenging for 3rd/4th.
If the player doesn't want it to work you're ultimately fighting a losing battle. That is what has happened here.

zing

Zingle balls
If the player doesn't want it to work you're ultimately fighting a losing battle. That is what has happened here.
We don't know all the facts of it, but a lot of it seems to be borne out of not adhering to a philosophy and so on. Unless the player's an utter tool who undermines team morale, a good coach should try to make it work by providing him some leeway. There aren't many players of his class around.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
ahh he leaves united and he's world class again
You need to read Brwnd's post before mine properly then. My quotes are on there. No need to let the full picture get in the way of your agenda though. ;)

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
quoted for truth. wasn't the description of him he is a supporting actor, and not the lead role
Yes, he has never been the focal point in the team, he is a brilliant and exciting player though.

clarkydaz

You need to read Brwnd's post before mine properly then. My quotes are on there. No need to let the full picture get in the way of your agenda though. ;)
My my, a Liverpool fan thinking conspiracy and agendas. Yes I read the post insinuating DiMaria was bought by Woodward against LVG's will, despite LVG publicly saying he is who we need before the deal was made. Also that he was given no freedom, when actually he was the one person in the side granted that, as he gave license to with the likes of Robben previously

He was poorly managed at times but his credit dried up when his service/inability to cross a ball went to shit and played like a puppy with tail between his legs

Heine

I'm ambivalent (my spellcheck accepted it, it is a word in Norwegian at least) about him going. He got the skills we need in the team, however he was not able to really put it together save for the first few games. If you consider where we ended last season he didn't really have a lot to do about it, so it dosen't weaken us. It's however sad to think about how good he could have been. Now we just have to hope that someone else takes the role he should've had in the team

Minimalist

Apologies if this has already been posted but if true, this might give a bit of an insight into why the club are so keen to move him on.

http://www.theunitedpages.com/exclusive-angel-wrangle/
Reads like conspiracy nonsense from an amateurish website.

Angling for a move to Madrid or Barcelona

How on earth was either of those ever going to happen? He's hardly going back to Madrid and Barcelona don't need him.

Raptori

Special needs
I'm ambivalent (my spellcheck accepted it, it is a word in Norwegian at least) about him going. He got the skills we need in the team, however he was not able to really put it together save for the first few games. If you consider where we ended last season he didn't really have a lot to do about it, so it dosen't weaken us. It's however sad to think about how good he could have been. Now we just have to hope that someone else takes the role he should've had in the team
Ambivalent is the perfect word for it. :)

Djemba-Djemba

We don't know all the facts of it, but a lot of it seems to be borne out of not adhering to a philosophy and so on. Unless the player's an utter tool who undermines team morale, a good coach should try to make it work by providing him some leeway. There aren't many players of his class around.
You have to meet in the middle though. Maybe Van Gaal should have given him more leeway, but Di Maria was fecking rubbish from about November onwards. His last few performances for Utd were disgraceful, the cameo against West Brom and the final day at Hull, he clearly didn't give a shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.