Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
My my, a Liverpool fan thinking conspiracy and agendas. Yes I read the post insinuating DiMaria was bought by Woodward against LVG's will, despite LVG publicly saying he is who we need before the deal was made. Also that he was given no freedom, when actually he was the one person in the side granted that, as he gave license to with the likes of Robben previously

He was poorly managed at times but his credit dried up when his service/inability to cross a ball went to shit and played like a puppy with tail between his legs
All fair points, but nevertheless...whooosh. ;)

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United

Wayne's World

Indifferent about this one, I was the most excited fan when he joined last summer, a proper world class player joining us and I think If he stayed he would become a major part in the years to come here but If his heart is not in it (which has been clear since Christmas it hasn't) then there is no point in keeping him and being a problem in the dressing room.

He'll do well at PSG but we'll move on without him like we did when he was sulking in the 2nd half of the season

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
That looks more like a fantasy essay than a report.
Could be some truth in it, he was dung for the remainder of the season, he didn't make the flight to USA and strangely enough Rojo missed it due to passport issues. Every time he came on near the end of the season he tried to fake an injury to come off again, slightest touch and he responded accordingly. He has the ability no doubt, he proved it at the Copa, but Manchester just wasn't for him it seems.

Woodenlung

Shame he's gone from a footballing standpoint as he's easily our best player when on form. But apart from two months at the beginning of last season he was diabolically bad at times and showed precious little in the way of desire or bravery. We saw none of the closing down or harrying which he provided at Madrid and often played like he didn't want to be here. Put in a few downright cowardly performances as well. Maybe he wasn't played in his preferred position, but that doesn't excuse his actions. And I don't believe that Van Gaal ruined him either. He made efforts to accommodate him in the side and was rewarded with some awful performances. Maybe poor man management is a factor in this, but ultimately it's down to the player to actually play well.

It won't weaken us much because he rarely played well for us from November onwards. No doubt fans forums of other clubs would have you believe otherwise, but the departure of the Di Maria we saw for much of last season will be no loss to us.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
It won't weaken us much because he rarely played well for us from November onwards. No doubt fans forums of other clubs would have you believe otherwise, but the departure of the Di Maria we saw for much of last season will be no loss to us.
I dont understand how people think it wont weaken us. Of course we wont miss the di Maria of the latter stages of last season. However, he still has the potential and talent to hit the heights of the 13/14 di Maria. The hope was he would have settled and shown his worth; and thats the di Maria we might miss.

Unless we find the right replacement.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I dont understand how people think it wont weaken us. Of course we wont miss the di Maria of the latter stages of last season. However, he still has the potential and talent to hit the heights of the 13/14 di Maria. The hope was he would have settled and shown his worth; and thats the di Maria we might miss.

Unless we find the right replacement.
Can't miss what we never had.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Could be some truth in it, he was dung for the remainder of the season, he didn't make the flight to USA and strangely enough Rojo missed it due to passport issues. Every time he came on near the end of the season he tried to fake an injury to come off again, slightest touch and he responded accordingly. He has the ability no doubt, he proved it at the Copa, but Manchester just wasn't for him it seems.
I thought exactly the same in one particular game. I can't remember which, it was either early on in the game or he had been subbed on for a few minutes but he picked up the ball, ran a little before misplacing a pass straight to the opposition like we saw him do God knows how many times. He then pulled up with a hamstring straight away as if that was the reason he had misplaced the pass.

It just didn't sit right with me at the time. If you misplace the pass because of a tweak you can see a reaction to it as it happens but he looked fine, did a sloppy pass and then seemed to slump and say "that's embarrassing, feck this I'm off".

Spoony

The People's President
I thought exactly the same in one particular game. I can't remember which, it was either early on in the game or he had been subbed on for a few minutes but he picked up the ball, ran a little before misplacing a pass straight to the opposition like we saw him do God knows how many times. He then pulled up with a hamstring straight away as if that was the reason he had misplaced the pass.

It just didn't sit right with me at the time. If you misplace the pass because of a tweak you can see a reaction to it as it happens but he looked fine, did a sloppy pass and then seemed to slump and say "that's embarrassing, feck this I'm off".

What game was this then?

VanGaalEra

Think the game you're thinking of was Hull at home, when he got his first injury.

Raw

Yeah it was definitely that Hull game at home. Funnily enough he also went off with an injury in the away game v Hull too.

AbusementPark

What game was this then?
I'm thinking Hull game, he was on the pitch about twenty minutes or so then phantom injury struck him down. Think he started holding his stomach and had to come off. Happened a few times after that again when coming on as a sub, anytime he was tackled he would sit on the pitch waiting for a freekick which never came.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
What I'm saying is that they made up a story from twitter rumors. Most of what they wrote has been seen on twitter.

Spoony

The People's President
I'm thinking Hull game, he was on the pitch about twenty minutes or so then phantom injury struck him down. Think he started holding his stomach and had to come off. Happened a few times after that again when coming on as a sub, anytime he was tackled he would sit on the pitch waiting for a freekick which never came.

My memory is sketchy thesedays. What was the date of this game then?

AbusementPark

What I'm saying is that they made up a story from twitter rumors. Most of what they wrote has been seen on twitter.
Fair enough not an avid twitterati but read the rumours about transfers just. More than likely is just a made up story as you say, but I don't think it will spoke about in public, United will take the money and wish him luck.

JPRouve

Scout
It was a hamstring injury.

Cee90

Redcafe Fantasy Football Champion 2012/13
Screw you Mendes, I bet he knew that Di Maria had no intention of staying at United for the long haul.

He's laughing on his way to the bank as he's no doubt getting a huge fee for this transfer to PSG too.

Spoony

The People's President
He who laughs last eh? What a load of bollocks that saying is. He's laughing on his Greek island counting how much he's made this year. Damn.

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
What game was this then?
I think it was this one:

Can't find a better video of it though. He certainly doesn't look injured at the end of that run and then less than a minute later he's walking off holding his hammy.

I've seen countless players pull up with their hamstring and they all do exactly the same, slow down, arch the back and hold their hamstring and they don't walk normally straight away either.

He was absolutely fine, stands around for a bit and then limps towards the bench. It just didn't look right at all. I'll try and find a video of it in real time and you'll see what I mean.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
I'm glad he's gone. Yes, he's a world class player and he'll be world class for PSG but if he didn't want to play for us, what use would his talent be? His value would just drop further.

Secondly, I'm probably the few here that believe Mata is of similar quality if not better than ADM on his day.

AbusementPark

Ahh so we can't blame it on the burglary. He's never been up for it.
He got injured at the end of November and we went on the best run of the season without him, then he was injured before Xmas again (got his winter break, I reckon).

LVG quote take what you want from it:

“In the last training session, he [Di Maria] stepped out of the warming up,” the manager revealed. “It was a little bit amazing because he did everything very well, but he stepped out and now we have to wait and see for the analysis.”

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
He got injured at the end of November and we went on the best run of the season without him, then he was injured before Xmas again (got his winter break, I reckon).

LVG quote take what you want from it:

“In the last training session, he [Di Maria] stepped out of the warming up,” the manager revealed. “It was a little bit amazing because he did everything very well, but he stepped out and now we have to wait and see for the analysis.”
That quote tells you everything you need to know.

Von Mistelroum

What is our net spend after selling Di Maria?
£20m or so? I remember saying (when the "How much will we spend this summer" thread went up) in the newbies that we'd spend well under £100m this year and some people got really angry at the mere suggestion :P

If De Gea goes too it'll be around £0 until we replace him/them.

Raw

What is our net spend after selling Di Maria?
In
Depay - 25m
Darmian - 12.5m
Schweinsteiger - 14.4m
Schneiderlin - 24m
Total - 75.9m

Out
Nani - 4.3m
RVP - 4m
Rafael - 2m
Di Maria - 45m
Total - 55.3

Net: 20.6m

Some figures aren't exact and I used the rumoured prices of Rafael and Di Maria, but it's probably around that much.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
In
Depay - 25m
Darmian - 12.5m
Schweinsteiger - 14.4m
Schneiderlin - 24m
Total - 75.9m

Out
Nani - 4.3m
RVP - 4m
Rafael - 2m
Di Maria - 45m
Total - 55.3

Net: 20.6m

Some figures aren't exact and I used the rumoured prices of Rafael and Di Maria, but it's probably around that much.
£130m spare change then. Let's get shopping :)

Pexbo

Supports
Big Days
£20m or so? I remember saying (when the "How much will we spend this summer" thread went up) in the newbies that we'd spend well under £100m this year and some people got really angry at the mere suggestion :P

If De Gea goes too it'll be around £0 until we replace him/them.
Pretty clear with Di Maria off for a big fee and Van Persie, Falcao and Nani off the wage bill we've got the money there to spend a lot of money on a special target. Just need a special target to spend it on...

Spoony

The People's President
Pretty clear with Di Maria off for a big fee and Van Persie, Falcao and Nani off the wage bill we've got the money there to spend a lot of money on a special target. Just need a special target to spend it on...

Bale.

JPRouve

Scout
I think it was this one:

Can't find a better video of it though. He certainly doesn't look injured at the end of that run and then less than a minute later he's walking off holding his hammy.

I've seen countless players pull up with their hamstring and they all do exactly the same, slow down, arch the back and hold their hamstring and they don't walk normally straight away either.

He was absolutely fine, stands around for a bit and then limps towards the bench. It just didn't look right at all. I'll try and find a video of it in real time and you'll see what I mean.
When he comes back he touches his hamstring.

Edit: You have the wrong game, the other poster was talking about the game at Hull.

Status
Not open for further replies.