Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hostekule

My underlying memory of him will always be from the final game against West Brom and how he couldn't wait to get off the pitch after one heavy challenge. He's a very good player but I wouldn't be sad to see him go, in fact as long as we are adequately compensated and get a good wide player in, a part of me will be happy to see that kind of attitude leave the club.
It was an unimportant game, and he didn't want to risk an injury before the Copa.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
It was an unimportant game, and he didn't want to risk an injury before the Copa.
West Brom was an important game - it also was not our final game - that was vs Hull.
Had we won that game against West Brom we'd had a better chance at finishing 3rd, instead of now having to play in the CL qualifiers.

vidic blood & sand

I have to laugh at some of the reports claiming a £28M bid has been submitted for Di Maria. I bet Ed replied, "you can piss off until you've doubled that."
Didn't PSG pay £50M for David Luiz last year?
If he's worth £50M to PSG, Di Maria would be worth at least £80M to them.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I meant the Hull game in my original post. Don't think di Maria started against West Brom.
He didn't start but came on around 60 or 70 mins into the game - one of his worst performances and he didn't look bothered at the end with the shite result. Made my blood boil that day.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
i actually like valencia and young more than di maria. at least they're proud to be united players.

never in my life did i expect to say that.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Do you watch a lot of Ligue 1 too ? Lucas is a joke, and except running head down, he's not a real class player. He shows quality in a team that is walking on this poor League.

I'm very happy that he didn't came to us few years ago. He was described as the second best player of his generation behind Neymar, and ahead Oscar.... What Dunga or Scolari think about him ? No selection. Blanc ? He prefers Lavezzi.

He has incredible speed, and the ability to break a defense on the first 3/4 meters, but after, he's not clever enough, or technical enough to do the difference, what Pastore, Veratti does
To be fair, Scolari's selection of players wasn't good.

Roman Bellic

Prick
That miss against Arsenal was the beginning of the end, the red card (also against Arsenal) was the final nail in the coffin.

SalfordRed1960

Seems like PSG want ADM as much as RM wanted DDG. We will have you on the cheap but we won't pay a lot for you. Must make the player feel really wanted.

Anyone know whether he is in the US yet.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
This could drag on a while if they're gonna play silly games with bids like that.

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
I've never been fully convinced by Di Maria. It's a shame it hasn't worked out for him here because for a moment I thought he was going to be a special, special player for us; but he showed himself to be mentally weak. I'm not surprised he wants to move on. I think this all stems from the attempted burglary, and I suppose if I had a physique like a patch work of wet noodles I'd be scared shitless too. But if he thinks they don't have burglars in Paris, he's obviously never seen The Pink Panther.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
We just keep fining him until he's back. He's in long term contract anyway. There's no way he could hide forever.

entropy

It is unfair how incredibly talented players get a pass behaving like mercineries. When hard working players who have sacrificed a lot, barely get the praise they deserve. People are happy to forget about Cleverley or Welbeck and rate them as avg or shit. When they have contributed lot more to our team than players like Falcao, Di Maria who are just being used as pawns by agents.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
So how many flights to the states has he missed by now if he's still not with the team?

Hopefully he's suspended without pay at the very least.

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
It is unfair how incredibly talented players get a pass behaving like mercineries. When hard working players who have sacrificed a lot, barely get the praise they deserve. People are happy to forget about Cleverley or Welbeck and rate them as avg or shit. When they have contributed lot more to our team than players like Falcao, Di Maria who are just being used as pawns by agents.
Very true.

RedDevil@84

Cleverley's best potential is average or below average
Welbeck's best potential (based on what he has shown here) is also average or maybe just above average. His finishing is completely unreliable which is a key talent that any striker should possess.

Both of the above played multiple seasons and apart from some moments of brilliance, have not been able to produce things consistently. ADM has just played 1 season and though dreadful one, his past exploits fuel a hope that he could do better in the next season. And hence some people at least tend to believe in him.
I am not endorsing ADM missing a flight or how his agent is working, but just giving a reason now that you are comparing ADM with the likes of Clev and Danny.
However if ADM played another season and was dreadful again, you wont see any support even in this forum.

Cristiano Jonaldo

Lawyer Here!
£28m? :lol: That's a joke of an offer.
Yep, if today's reports are true and we've actually been offered less than £30M for him, then we should tell PSG to feck off.

I'd rather see him train and play with the reserves if there is no way back for him under LVG than sell him for less than £50M.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
If they're actually bidding under £30m it's because they think they have us in a corner with him refusing to board the plane and join up with us in America.

They clearly haven't met Woodward yet.

Godfather

I pray to god we won't let him leave for that kind of money. Rather let him rot in the reserves than let him go to those french cnuts for peanuts.

Spoony

The People's President
What does it say about last year's transfer policy if we're getting rid of the same players in a clearance sale?

RedDevil@84

What does it say about last year's transfer policy if we're getting rid of the same players in a clearance sale?
Falcao was an experiment which unfortunately did not succeed. So we left him.
ADM has not been thrown out and the wish to get out is from him and not from the club.

As far as I can see, Blind, Herrera have been good signings. Rojo more than a decent one. Shaw has been average, but has been injured and there is so much hope.
I dont see how the last year's transfer policy was so bad.

Spoony

The People's President
Falcao was an experiment which unfortunately did not succeed. So we left him.
ADM has not been thrown out and the wish to get out is from him and not from the club.

As far as I can see, Blind, Herrera have been good signings. Rojo more than a decent one. Shaw has been average, but has been injured and there is so much hope.
I dont see how the last year's transfer policy was so bad.

Herrera's the only good buy.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I have a problem with what is before and after the 'if', what was last year's transfer policy'? And who are the players signed last year that we are getting rid of?

Von Mistelroum

That's silly. Blind was good last season and Shaw will obviously be a good buy.
Rojo has potential too, if only as a good backup option for Shaw (or at CB). It's ironic that our 'star' buys of last summer ended up being our worst pieces of business. Also, it might be time for a 'Where's Wally' mockup of Di Maria....

Spoony

The People's President
I'm not advocating that we sell Blind, Rojo and Shaw. I hope Shaw will come good but the other two won't be more than decent squad players. Even if we specifically talk about Di Maria, a player we bought for £60m, why on earth would be sell him a year later for less than £30m? I hope we tell PSG to go play with themselves. That is unless we're desperate for one reason or another.

Kaos

I'm not advocating that we sell Blind, Rojo and Shaw. I hope Shaw will come good but the other two won't be more than decent squad players. Even if we specifically talk about Di Maria, a player we bought for £60m, why on earth would be sell him a year later for less than £30m? I hope we tell PSG to go play with themselves. That is unless we're desperate for one reason or another.
I'm sure Blind and Rojo were signed to be exactly that - decent squad players, and so far they've done a good job of it.

We're not going to sell Di Maria for £30million.

Status
Not open for further replies.