Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Question234

Lol then he will play as a LCM, become world class and we will all be crying again
that's exactly how it's going to go.

Wish him bad all you want but he's going to tear up france because he's one of the best in the world on his day and that's an easier league to tear up.

Gutted on all fronts about this, still hope he fecks up his medical preventing a move or has a change of heart.

Mani

I would be happy to see this negotiation go till last day of transfer window just to piss off PSG.

Ananke

The way I see it either PSG are taking advantage of The ADM saga with him not flying over with the squad and it being clear he/his wife are not happy in Manchester.

Or there's a player involved that neither team wants everyone to know about yet.

predator

Youth NITK
Woody will have the last laugh. He'll end up unsettling Ibra, lucas, Silva, Matuidi and in doing so make psg offer them an improved contract. They will end up buying Di Maria for 60 million to please fans who aren't happy with the recent comments from their star players (about leaving). All in the next 2 weeks.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
The reported bid from Paris is a fecking joke. We should immediately stop negotiations with them.
Aye it's infuriating. But I am sure Woodward has learnt a lesson or two. We seem to be paying market value for our acquisitions (instead of over paying), though we've sold a couple of the cheap due to their high wages. But there is no way we should be accepting anything under 50m pounds.

If they really did start with a 28.5m pound offer, we should actually just refuse to do business with them. It's that insulting.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Woody will have the last laugh. He'll end up unsettling Ibra, lucas, Silva, Matuidi and in doing so make psg offer them an improved contract. They will end up buying Di Maria for 60 million to please fans who aren't happy with the recent comments from their star players (about leaving). All in the next 2 weeks.
Euros right ?

Ish

Lights on for Luke
OK, Veratti is possibly their most valuable player at the moment, but that is the last type of player we need to be signing right now.

Silva, or more realistically, Lucas or Marquinhos are players far more suitable to our needs at the moment, and more attainable.
Yeah, I'd say, in order of what we'd need/want is:
Verratti (purely due to his quality), Silva, Marquinhos, Lucas and Cavani. In that order. But yeah, PSG would want too much for most on that list to be offering 28.5m plus those players. Barring Lucas maybe?

RedDevil@84

Hypothetical: We can't agree a fee with PSG and nobody else comes in for him. Di Maria comes back to avoid fines and trains well enough to be included in the match day squads. Are people still going to be angry at him or would they be happy to see him back?
No. No anger at all. The better he plays, the more I would love him. The worse he plays, the more I ll laugh at him being on bench or reserves.

Ole90+3

Yeah, I'd say, in order of what we'd need/want is:
Verratti (purely due to his quality), Silva, Marquinhos, Lucas and Cavani. In that order. But yeah, PSG would want too much for most on that list to be offering 28.5m plus those players. Barring Lucas maybe?
Emm, so sign Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, and tell them sorry we found someone better?

One of them or Carrick would not get many games if Verratti was brought in.

Not a chance PSG would let him go anyway. He is the most valuable midfielder in the world at the moment. Next summer he could be worth £50m+, if he's not already.

I actually think we need someone like Lucas more. Van Gaal seems to agree as well from his recent interview. We need creativity and pace more than anything else, we need it bad.

Our defence is pretty good at the moment, it could be improved, but injuries permitting, it is good enough to win championships.

fatboy

I'm thinking that it's probably a case of doing the whole "transfer dance". It's like how we bid 20mil for Schneiderlin at first. Most clubs do this too. Spurs supposedly just offered 10mil for Berahino, Chelsea offered 20 for Stones.

We definitely overpaid to begin with, I think he should never have cost us more than 50mil. I'm guessing that anything north of 40mi should seal it. PSG will also know that 40mil will not get them anyone close to a "world class" player this transfer window, and will be silly to miss out.

Roman Bellic

Prick
How?
Its PSG that need him badly and we are forcing them to spend more on player they value.
Not sure that's how it works,we have the weaker squad,we aren't guaranteed 3rd place in our league and we're about to lose our best player - who not only wants to leave the club,but is currently AWOL, we are looking to contend this season so a saga like this would only derail those plans,PSG on the other hand have a squad that is capable of winning their league with relative ease,and they are chasing a World Class (who by all indications is unhappy)-if anything,they seem to have the upper hand in this situation.

Don't even get me started on the fee,because this little charade might force us to take an extra £10-15m loss.

Varun

Staff
How is that having the last laugh? Having the last laugh would be to get a top player or 2 from them while keeping Di Maria. Calling it even would be selling Di Maria but getting someone from them. Your scenario is detrimental to the club.

Mani

Not sure that's how it works,we have the weaker squad,we aren't guaranteed 3rd place in our league and we're about to lose our best player - who not only wants to leave the club,but is currently AWOL, we are looking to contend this season so a saga like this would only derail those plans,PSG on the other hand have a squad that is capable of winning their league with relative ease,and they are chasing a World Class (who by all indications is unhappy)-if anything,they seem to have the upper hand in this situation.

Don't even get me started on the fee,because this little charade might force us to take an extra £10-15m loss.
That's what i felt as well,they are on the CL dream and they think Di Maria could improve them vastly and at the last day of transfer window it can go either way but we still got upper hand as player still got few years left in the contract and we are not desperate to sell him.
If they really want him let them meet his asking price.

SirBobbysCombover

Squirming around on a dusty barber shop floor
Emm, so sign Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, and tell them sorry we found someone better?

One of them or Carrick would not get many games if Verratti was brought in.

Not a chance PSG would let him go anyway. He is the most valuable midfielder in the world at the moment. Next summer he could be worth £50m+, if he's not already.

I actually think we need someone like Lucas more. Van Gaal seems to agree as well from his recent interview. We need creativity and pace more than anything else, we need it bad.

Our defence is pretty good at the moment, it could be improved, but injuries permitting, it is good enough to win championships.
Id say Pogba holds that title for no.1 MF

POF

Obviously without knowing what is going on behind the scenes, if PSG have really bid £28.5m for Di Maria then "rejecting it out of hand" isn't enough. Woody talks about United's strength in the market. A bid like that is completely disrespectful and should end negotiations immediately.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
If he truly wants to leave, then he needs to evaluate his options as this bid from PSG is not only utterly disrespectful to us but it's also undermining his qualities. I think he spoke about how we valued him at such a price when we bought him, last year, yet PSG don't seem to value him, at all.

On the other hand, a bid as low as £28.5m illustrates our willingness to get rid of him. If all is to be believed, then maybe we given PSG the impression that we don't want him here which resulted in such a low offer.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
The way I see it either PSG are taking advantage of The ADM saga with him not flying over with the squad and it being clear he/his wife are not happy in Manchester. Or there's a player involved that neither team wants everyone to know about yet.
Thiago Silva

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Don't you think Rojo has more of a valid excuse though?

I agree with b
No, not at all. Before you fly out another country, you ensure your passport has all the validations or you have a visa. Rojo was stupid enough to have neither.

RedDevil@84

Rojo's record on passports and work visas is not so good! You'd think that a good manager would sort all the paperwork and documents out for their players, wouldn't you?
Was it sarcasm? Why would manager sit and sort out all the paperwork of players?

Status
Not open for further replies.