Ángel Di María | Transferred to PSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodzy

I always said that £40m or more and we would come out of this looking okay (but ultimately still blowing the best part of £20m + wages on a player that has done nothing for us). £28m would make us look like a bunch of clowns.

Name Changed

weso26
I always said that £40m or more and we would come out of this looking okay (but ultimately still blowing the best part of £20m + wages on a player that has done nothing for us). £28m would make us look like a bunch of clowns.
FFP restrictions have been lifted after some obviously lobbying from some big clubs. Therefore we should not accept anything less than at least 55m. Otherwise keep him. feck PSG. Why do we always pay over the odds and give away players so cheaply?

GloryHunter07

We don't have to sell and FFP has been eased so we can play hardball.

It's a first bid, they will come back with a higher offer.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
1 thing for sure he's going nowhere for that price. Unhappy or not we will not want to take that much of a loss in 1 year.

PSG have got money coming out of there ears, but they obviously think they have the high ground. Towards the end of the window they will pay what we want.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Do you think he's worth the £28.5m widely reported last night do you (not £46) which was the basis of my point?

If there is any team Wr should be able to rip off its them. They paid £50m for Luiz and have had FFP restrictions lifted. The price gets pushed up all the time when United are in for a player, we need to start doing the same. Otherwise I'm more than happy to keep him here. His contract isn't running out.
No, he's probably worth around £40m.

He's not worth £50m.+

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I'd accept £28 million if they threw a player in too.

£28 million + lucas or Cavani and it would be fine imo.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bid 5 million for Verrati. PSG clearly want to engage in some bantz.

fatboy

We should just sign Pedro, and make it very clear that it has nothing to do with Di Maria leaving or staying. We can be happy having both in our squad.

Come end of August, and Di Maria is staring at a season spent on our bench, he, his agent and PSG can have a nice chat to find out how this has happened.

starman

28m :lol:

If we even entertain that we would be crazy. Throw in Lucas or Silva, then ok.

All this talk about a bad season, hes not worth that much... Tottenham got their money back for Darren Bent, and Sunderland made a profit ffs

We are dealing with the club with the deepest pockets in the world. Far too often we get the run around in the transfer market. This will just take the piss

Last edited:

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
We should play the same game as we did with Madrid. Give us Verratti and we talk to you. Otherwise, just bid 60mn pounds

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We should play the same game as we did with Madrid. Give us Verratti and we talk to you. Otherwise, just bid 60mn pounds
We should make them give us Thiago Silva if they want him so bad. We have no need for Verratti now (although he would have been an excellent addition)

settembrini

Hypothetical: We can't agree a fee with PSG and nobody else comes in for him. Di Maria comes back to avoid fines and trains well enough to be included in the match day squads. Are people still going to be angry at him or would they be happy to see him back?

Cassidy

Hypothetical: We can't agree a fee with PSG and nobody else comes in for him. Di Maria comes back to avoid fines and trains well enough to be included in the match day squads. Are people still going to be angry at him or would they be happy to see him back?
People will and should be angry with him. We all expected him back with the squad on Saturday for one. During the summer he gave an interview where he stated he wanted to stay and fight to make it with United and in the EPL. Now, just a month later, hes engineering a move out of the club, on top of the fact he let us down massively during last season. I don't see how there can be much come back for him tbh.

Of course if he stays I'll support him, but there will be no love for that guy, and if he ends up on the bench again zero sympathy!

We should sell him, wasn't Bayern also interested?

Mali_Zeus

I will be indifferent towards him.

pauldyson1uk

Angry at him , but if he plays well and produces what we know he can, the fans will son come round, but right now I am inclined to just get rid of the fecker

Ole90+3

We should make them give us Thiago Silva if they want him so bad. We have no need for Verratti now (although he would have been an excellent addition)
OK, Veratti is possibly their most valuable player at the moment, but that is the last type of player we need to be signing right now.

Silva, or more realistically, Lucas or Marquinhos are players far more suitable to our needs at the moment, and more attainable.

Cassidy

Angry at him , but if he plays well and produces what we know he can, the fans will son come round, but right now I am inclined to just get rid of the fecker
I'm not so sure, just look at how many fans are still angry at or have a thing against Rooney.
I think the fans will support him, but there will be little or zero love for this guy.

Cassidy

OK, Veratti is possibly their most valuable player at the moment, but that is the last type of player we need to be signing right now.

Silva, or more realistically, Lucas or Marquinhos are players far more suitable to our needs at the moment, and more attainable.
Not a bad shout.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
For all I know he might be happy to stay and the journos are inventing all that, so no I won't be angry at him. I will be paranoid though.

Cassidy

why did he miss his flight back the ?
apparently because of the on going negotiations. However if he didn't want to leave, there wouldn't be any negotiations happening right.

Mani

How on earth clown goes for 50+ M and Di Maria for 28 M, come on woody lets bid 5M on Lucas and 7M on Cavani.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
everyone think we're a group of mugs these days

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
People saying we overpaid - that does not matter. IF we sold him, we set the price not what someone thinks a good price is and PSG are a plastic club so they should pay the money now or forget it. We should give them 24 hours. Them talking initially means clubs will ask more money from us so PSG will have to compensate for having a big mouth. They pay big or they give us a player (should we want him). We don't have to do them any favors.

Cassidy

Blanc sounding so confident, surely either the bid is not £28.5m or there is a player included with that fee.
PSG are not fecking stupid enough to try and sign him for £28.5m AND sound confident.
Look at how we're handling DDG, I don't think we would let them mug us off like that tbh

Also on top of the Bayern said they felt ADM was too expensive for them so we definately are not selling for that fee.

Member 39557

I the likes of PSG think they can dick united about like that then it's all over. We've let lots of players go on the cheap over the years, but never a record signing after one season!

If I was woody, I'd keep him and loan him out to Monaco or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.