gamma1

Mungo Jerry – In The Summertime

Emerson, Lake & Palmer – Fanfare For The Common Man

Martha Reeves & The Vandellas – Heat Wave

Simon & Garfunkel – Bridge Over Troubled Water

Boney M. – Rivers of Babylon

JohnLocke

To make up for my previous crappy post.

Been having a bit of a Bob Dylan revival lately, I think I've only listened to a handful of songs that weren't written or performed by Bob Dylan in the last couple of weeks.

It's been a good couple of weeks though.

Girl from the North Country - Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash

gamma1

Lee Marvin – Wand'rin' Star

Tammy Wynette – Stand By Your Man

Al Green – Love And Happiness

Johnny Cash – I walk The Line

Dave Edmunds – I Hear You Knocking

sammymc

good shouts psychedelicblues..

this song can put bad thoughts in your head when tripping....excellent tune though

gamma1

The Commodores – Easy

Leo Sayer When I Need You

The Stylistics – Break Up To Make Up

Harry Nilsson – Without You

The Temptations – Ain’t Too Proud To Beg

gamma1

Bob Dylan – Like A Rolling Stone

Nina Simone – Sinnerman

Eric Clapton – Alberta

JohnLocke

Sixto Rodriguez - Jane S Piddy

I can't believe I've never heard of this dude, well I suppose a lot of people wouldn't have except for the documentary - Searching For Sugar Man - myself included, but he has some really good tunes. I'll have to watch the documentary for it it, I think it's in the documentary thread, he seems to have had a pretty interesting life.

I don't even know what that song is about but I love it. I think the last verse is about the end of the 60's and stuff, kind of like Hunter S Thompson saying about the tide rolling back on it.

(
“It seems like a lifetime, or at least a Main Era — the kind of peak that never comes again. San Francisco in the middle sixties was a very special time and place to be a part of. Maybe it meant something. Maybe not, in the long run... but no explanation, no mix of words or music or memories can touch that sense of knowing that you were there and alive in that corner of time and the world. Whatever it meant...

There was madness in any direction, at any hour. You could strike sparks anywhere. There was a fantastic universal sense that whatever we were doing was right, that we were winning...

And that, I think, was the handle — that sense of inevitable victory over the forces of Old and Evil. Not in any mean or military sense; we didn't need that. Our energy would simply PREVAIL. There was no point in fighting — on our side or theirs. We had all the momentum; we were riding the crest of a high and beautiful wave...

So now, less than five years later, you can go up on a steep hill in Las Vegas and look West, and with the right kind of eyes you can almost see the high water mark — that place where the wave finally broke, and rolled back.”

gamma1

Sixto Rodriguez - Jane S Piddy

I can't believe I've never heard of this dude, well I suppose a lot of people wouldn't have except for the documentary - Searching For Sugar Man - myself included, but he has some really good tunes. I'll have to watch the documentary for it it, I think it's in the documentary thread, he seems to have had a pretty interesting life.
I wasn't aware of this notable artist too, the song you posted certainly has strong emotive elements in its lyrics. From the brief online description I read about him, it seems his songs gained an influential role internationally as protest anthems during the 70's and 80's. I will definitely check out more of his works and try to watch the aforementioned documentary as well. Thanks for sharing.

JohnLocke

I wasn't aware of this notable artist too, the song you posted certainly has strong emotive elements in its lyrics. From the brief online description I read about him, it seems his songs gained an influential role internationally as protest anthems during the 70's and 80's. I will definitely check out more of his works and try to watch the aforementioned documentary as well. Thanks for sharing.
Glad someone liked it!

If you have Spotify he's on it as Rodriquez, but if you just do YouTube its mosty under sugar man / sixto Rodriquez.

Other songs I like are Sugar Man, Crucify Your Mind, Like Janis and Sandrevan Lullaby.

If you come across the documentary in full somewhere could you kindly pm me the link for it? I haven't gotten round to watch it but anyone who has seen it said it was fantastic.

gamma1

Isaac Hayes – I Stand Accused

Iggy PopThe Passenger

Wilson Pickett – In The Midnight Hour

Steely Dan – Reelin’ In The Years

Aretha Franklin – Chain Of Fools

gamma1

Glad someone liked it!

If you have Spotify he's on it as Rodriquez, but if you just do YouTube its mosty under sugar man / sixto Rodriquez.

Other songs I like are Sugar Man, Crucify Your Mind, Like Janis and Sandrevan Lullaby.

If you come across the documentary in full somewhere could you kindly pm me the link for it? I haven't gotten round to watch it but anyone who has seen it said it was fantastic.
I came across some of his songs on YouTube under Sixto Rodriguez earlier, I'll probably listen to them later today. I'll be sure to send you a PM if I happen to locate a link for the full documentary.

gamma1

Al Wilson – Show And Tell

Marvin Gaye – Inner City Blues

Joe Cocker – With A Little Help From My Friends

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Etta James - Security

Big Star - Kangaroo

Geeshie Wiley - Last Kind Words

gamma1

Otis Redding – Try A Little Tenderness

Etta James – I’d Rather Go Blind