0.012% (or the old men yells at cloud thread)

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
And so what ? Those are videos, how some of you experts can draw up conclusions from short clips where they are having fun is nuts.
That's taking arm chair psychology to a ridiculous level.
Maybe Rashford is just a bit shy ? Who the feck knows what's up but to make up stupid conclusions is crazy.
I feel like you're arguing against the thread and not what I said personally. Bold is literally what I meant when I called Rashford 'self-effacing'.

I'm more than happy to admit it's a bit of armchair psychology but there's not much else I can go by except seeing how they interact in videos on social media (their own time usually).

Last edited:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I feel like you're arguing against the thread and not what I said personally. Bold is literally what I meant when I called Rashford 'self-effacing'.

I'm more than happy to admit it's a bit of armchair psychology but there's not much else I can go by except seeing how they interact in videos on social media (their own time usually).
Which is nowhere near enough to say Lingard is negatively influencing Rashford.

King_Cantona07

Which is nowhere near enough to say Lingard is negatively influencing Rashford.
Can see a trend clearly in Rashford’s case on how he is using social media. He started as a hard working young player taking his chances. Then started seeing he believing his own hype and trying ronaldo type things which resulted in bad performances. Add to that the new arrogant and funny dressing on show these days matching Lingard who seem to be his style guru. Add the constant we should do better and repeating same shit after posting on instagram.

The Nani

You literally said in your post "Where were Scholes,Becks Giggs and co at the age of 27? PL & CL champions. No clothing lines, no perfumes, no media nonsense". I just told you that it's nonsense and Becks had a lot of "media nonsense" at his age. Don't try to change the main base of your argument.
Fergie sold Becks after pelting him with a boot.

You can continue to play the level headed supporter role all you like, but we have a serious lack of discipline and quality in the dressing room.

And no one who will throw boots.

SCJY

Jesse Lingard is a virus on whole team IMO. I don't usually care about players' off-field antics, and I definitely don't follow their social media, but seeing some of the stuff that has come out recently is positively embarrassing. He needs to gotten rid of. He's supposed to be reaching his peak at his age, instead, we're seeing the complete opposite.

Class of 63

Sourness
Going through the Desert on a Horse with no Name
I'd of had no problem with it, these guys won 6 (Becks), 10 (Nev), 11(Scholes) & 13 (Giggs) PL's respectively. They can do what the feck they want.
Who decides when they've won enough though, should they be rationed, 2 tweets(similar)a week if they've won the League once, 4 if they've won a Champions League and so on?? Or here's an idea, why not let them do what the feck they like in their spare time and find something else to get offended by,

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The amount of people judging rashgard on wearing some slightly odd gear wow.

Should they dress like you guys? Jeans and t shirt crusted in whatever sht youve splashed down your self?

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
And my issue is with people who criticize shit or shit on him for reasons unrelated to anything that happens on the pitch. I agree that he isnt good enough, though am fine with him being squad players. Funny you mention the likes of cleverley and Welbeck. Add Darren Gibson and others like that. All players Sir Alex loved having in his squad. Theres value in having them around, hard workers who love the club.
Sir Alex had them in his squad because he could take them up a level. Not many managers that can polish a turd.

fergiesarmy1

Tickles me the amount of fans who are offended by JLingz and his social media stuff, and then refer to him as erm JLingz, you couldn't make it up.
I think most people are rolling their eyes while typing it, I certainly do if I say it

Class of 63

Sourness
Lingard surely must be gone by then right? Rashford does have some special qualities so he might still be at United.

But yes both will be in the Premier League. (Former) English international with experience of playing for Manchested United. Im sure a smaller Premier League team would love to pick them up. Exactly the level where Lingard should be right now.
I think Lingard will be hounded out and try his luck in Serie A or Ligue 1 where he'll be appreciated for what he can do, and not destroyed for what he can't.

Class of 63

Sourness
Ah yes, another reason to log back out of the caf.

It's actually disgusting how much they're abused by their own fans for a) Wanting to better themselves and those around them by having their own brands and following different side-hobbies to football and b) Choosing to weare certain pieces of clothing.

Footballing wise they're not the top echelon of players but how many are?! The comments saying they should concentrate on being the very best that they can be, do you seriously think they don't try to? Plus they've both played in European Finals, won them. They've both played in a World Cup semi-final for feck sake, how many players at the end of their careers can say that?! The season is over for United and they're still getting slated. It's an absolute state. They were asked to perform media duties at an event and decided to do so in specific clothing that they feel comfortable in. What do you expect them to do? Turn up in full kit and beg to get on the pitch in a little fun friendly game? Wear the type of clothing that you want them to wear? They aren't robots that are tasked to only play football and think football, they're people.

If Lingard or Rashford didn't play football who knows where they would be and how much money they'd have so they're making the most of the privilege that they've worked bloody hard to achieve. For all the people laughing at Lingard for his age are ironically overlooking that it's to do with how hard he had to graft to get to where he is now. He's not the most talented player and had to go on several loans to get to where he is and he's now a fully fledged international for a European side, that's fantastic for where you would assumed he'd have got to at the age of 21 for example when he was at his 3rd loan club playing for Brighton.

They use social media, so what? Do you not realise how that can tune into young fans and there are young lads that can connect with them because they aren't robots that have to tune out of having fun and living life? Would you rather they were depressed individuals that had a bundle of energy inside but it was opressed cause a bunch of sad men on the internet invest so much time into their lives. That's what is the biggest joke of all. The amount of time you lot must spend waiting for every status update or picture that each of them post so you can post something aggressive about what they're wearing or how they're dancing is just sad.

Shall we mention how much they both do for the fans too? There are countless stories of how they both not only take part in group events and donations for charity but they both personally do things for fans which is a credit to them and shows that they're completely harmless lads that care a lot about United and Manchester and some of you lot are probably leaving them feeling embarrassed to associate with either, I know I would be.

I wonder how many of you lot who are slating them for having brands go home after you've finished work and invest time in other hobbies. That's what it is, a hobby. It's a hobby for the upper class but a hobby nonetheless and you can bet if I was in the same position as them I would be doing similar things to better myself as it means I can help others around me in ways that I wouldn't be able to if I wasn't (as they are) a footballer.
Post of the year so far, brilliant

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Those two will get Ole sacked.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Jesse Lingard is a virus on whole team IMO. I don't usually care about players' off-field antics, and I definitely don't follow their social media, but seeing some of the stuff that has come out recently is positively embarrassing. He needs to gotten rid of. He's supposed to be reaching his peak at his age, instead, we're seeing the complete opposite.
Virus :lol:

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Can see a trend clearly in Rashford’s case on how he is using social media. He started as a hard working young player taking his chances. Then started seeing he believing his own hype and trying ronaldo type things which resulted in bad performances. Add to that the new arrogant and funny dressing on show these days matching Lingard who seem to be his style guru. Add the constant we should do better and repeating same shit after posting on instagram.
There are so many things going on behind what we see during games or on social media. Too many things to act like detectives and put two and two together. Maybe Rashford has been made to believe he's better than he is by his family, by the club itself ? It's just impossible to know but there is a crazy number of fans who are pointing fingers at Lingard, it's unfair and stupid IMHO.
I don't like Lingard's social media activity and that's about as far as I'll go with it, more than that is stupid speculation.

@SilentWitness Brilliant post

manunited1919

Who decides when they've won enough though, should they be rationed, 2 tweets(similar)a week if they've won the League once, 4 if they've won a Champions League and so on?? Or here's an idea, why not let them do what the feck they like in their spare time and find something else to get offended by,
Even a better idea: terminate Lingards contract so that he can then have all the time he wants and tweets all he wants.

Nickthepip

Four of our rivals in European finals this week, City domestic treble winners and people on here debating this stuff. Tragic.

freeurmind

weak willed
Genuine legends who gave their all for the shirt?

You’ve got Beckham who has been celebrated for the last few days here who:

A) orchestrated a move away from the club
B) was late for training due to seeing Victoria
C) Ferguson said he lost focus and drive after getting married
D) left to play in LA at 32 when he could have played in multiple top leagues
E) wore sarongs and other outrageous fashion outfits (nothing wrong with this, it’s just what Lingard and Rashford are getting slated for)
F) wore an Alice band to highlight a feud with the best manager the club has ever seen.

Beckham was a better player than both of them. But his conduct is certainly more questionable than rashfords. If we just like players who are the best now and completely slate those who try what’s the point of being a United fan and talking about work ethic?
The thing is Beckham produced on the pitch. Football fans will excuse alot (see C. Ronaldo) when they perform well on the pitch.

PepsiCola

Tickles me the amount of fans who are offended by JLingz and his social media stuff, and then refer to him as erm JLingz, you couldn't make it up.
I'm sorry the ironic use was lost on you.

But at least you got a tickle out if it.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
In Lingard's case, I think it's because his whole marketing thing probably wouldn't work if he wasn't a Man Utd player. He's not skilled enough to be at another big club, and his personality alone isn't enough to carry his whole brand if he was at a mid-table club. So the assumption then is that he's gaining a lot by simply being a Man Utd player, being paid a good salary and having a golden opportunity to get his brand going through Man Utd's exposure.

For that reason, people feel it's unfair for him to put in such mediocre performances when he's gaining so much from the club, and focus on his brand so much when without the club it probably wouldn't be possible. It kinda comes off as a parasitic relationship as opposed to a symbiotic one (the likes of which Beckham had, and Pogba has).
Good post which I think sums up a lot of people's issue with the guy. I don't think Rashford is as bad.

Loublaze

ATLien
Rashford and Lingard are the new Sterlings. Cleverly had a brand, TC23 and he got a lot of stick for it but the hate Lingard is getting is on another level. Just imagine if these boys were raging alcoholics who beat their wives, were abusive fathers, fvcked their brothers wife for years, deliberately broke opponents legs, threw their teammates under the bus on MUTV, refused to play in a league cup final and league cup knockout game, got into a physical altercation with their manager and showed up at fashion shows while 'injured' and made secret trips to Ireland. Just imagine if United players did that shit

billybee99

In a season where United players are accused of not caring about their club, why are we giving stick to two of our hardest working and most charitable United players?
Ok you really need to give the top red thing a rest. I could care less how hard they work if they don't perform on the pitch. Give me 100,000 per week and I would run my ass off too but you wouldn't cheer for me because I suck at football. For the record, I like Rashford; I still think he will be a very good player. Lingard on the other hand is not a particularly good footballer in my opinion.

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Ok you really need to give the top red thing a rest. I could care less how hard they work if they don't perform on the pitch. Give me 100,000 per week and I would run my ass off too but you wouldn't cheer for me because I suck at football. For the record, I like Rashford; I still think he will be a very good player. Lingard on the other hand is not a particularly good footballer in my opinion.
I’ll cheer anyone who gives their all in the shirt. It’s not being a top red. It’s literally being a football fan.

manunited1919

Rashford and Lingard are the new Sterlings. Cleverly had a brand, TC23 and he got a lot of stick for it but the hate Lingard is getting is on another level. Just imagine if these boys were raging alcoholics who beat their wives, were abusive fathers, fvcked their brothers wife for years, deliberately broke opponents legs, threw their teammates under the bus on MUTV, refused to play in a league cup final and league cup knockout game, got into a physical altercation with their manager and showed up at fashion shows while 'injured' and made secret trips to Ireland. Just imagine if United players did that shit
You forgot to mention throwing a kung-fu kick at opposing fans.

manunited1919

That's right up there with Baldrick's best ideas
Have no idea who Baldrick is and won’t waste time googling it. But even if it costs us real money to get rid of Lingard, it will be worth it because it will send the right message that United won’t be putting up with forwards who don’t perform.

Richjc

None of you have got a fecking clue what they care about and what they don’t, what they are like as people, what they spend their time doing, how hard they train. The only virus around United at the moment is the one infecting fans who think they can tell two wealthy young men who’ve clearly worked hard to get where they are how to act and dress because they haven’t kicked a football to their liking.

purgethefallen

The only people who are talking about Lingard living on his previous potential as a young player are twats on instagram, reddit, and unfortunately this forum as of late. Saying he of all people has gotten a free pass is absolutely extraordinary when you look at the abuse he's received for daring to spend his money on what he wants to spend it on. He's always one of the first helping out with the Man United Foundation, he's always one of the last to leave any autograph and picture ops for the kids outside Old Trafford, and he always does what he can to help the team, without complaining about what position, lack of game time, or any of the shite we see with modern footballers. He's also one of the only lads who stands up for himself and his team mates when shit goes down.

Has he had a good season? No. Very few in the team have. Is he good enough to be starting consistently for Manchester United? Perhaps not. However, is it absolutely cringe worthy to see arseholes on here call him a shit player, and all other sorts of ridiculous insults coming from people who haven't kicked a football sober since they were a teenager? You bet ya.

Stuff like this is genuinely embarrassing.
I agree, the stuff above this is embarrassing.

Loublaze

ATLien
You forgot to mention throwing a kung-fu kick at opposing fans.
That too, not to mention showing up at his disciplinary hearing (jokingly?) apologizing to a prostitute he bedded the previous night. He's considered a legend for that, but imagine these players not taking that situation seriously and embarrassing the club

Will Singh

What do you mean at he's age he's only 19 isn't he...?

Nah joking aside I totally agree with you and think he's attitude is sending the wrong signals to the youth and definitely rubbing off on Rashford and co

Red00012

Genuine legends who gave their all for the shirt?

You’ve got Beckham who has been celebrated for the last few days here who:

A) orchestrated a move away from the club

B) was late for training due to seeing Victoria
C) Ferguson said he lost focus and drive after getting married
D) left to play in LA at 32 when he could have played in multiple top leagues
E) wore sarongs and other outrageous fashion outfits (nothing wrong with this, it’s just what Lingard and Rashford are getting slated for)
F) wore an Alice band to highlight a feud with the best manager the club has ever seen.

Beckham was a better player than both of them. But his conduct is certainly more questionable than rashfords. If we just like players who are the best now and completely slate those who try what’s the point of being a United fan and talking about work ethic?
Please tell me how you have come to this conclusion he orchestrated a move ??? Is it to suit your narrative ?

Also he was late for training because his son was sick, confirmed by Sir Alex in his book.

Some research needed I think but it seems you have an issue with Becks.

SAF got rid of Beckham.

Last edited: