0.012% (or the old men yells at cloud thread)

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Atleast he was a fecking good player and performed and won major honours. What the hell is JLingz and Rashy doing??!?!
You literally said in your post "Where were Scholes,Becks Giggs and co at the age of 27? PL & CL champions. No clothing lines, no perfumes, no media nonsense". I just told you that it's nonsense and Becks had a lot of "media nonsense" at his age. Don't try to change the main base of your argument.

TRUERED89

You literally said in your post "Where were Scholes,Becks Giggs and co at the age of 27? PL & CL champions. No clothing lines, no perfumes, no media nonsense". I just told you that it's nonsense and Becks had a lot of "media nonsense" at his age. Don't try to change the main base of your argument.
Yea that's fine, Becks loved the glamorous life, that we cant argue. But JLingz has done nothing to not warrant some serious stick. Becks you could forgive. My whole point was these guys had won major trophies so even if they did get involved in media nonsense it wasn't so bad.

fergiesarmy1

Wait do you seriously believe that Rashford will be in some farmers league in the next five years :lol:
Christ.
I said one of the 2 and I am sure you guess which one I truly believe does not belong in this team or any other premiership team based on his last couple of seasons. I like Rashford but I think he is going to blow it unless he focuses on his game

PepsiCola

Beck's, Neville, Scholes and Giggs were delivering consistent league titles.

JLingz is not.

TRUERED89

Lingard is a squad player of a top club and is well below par the level of JSP that some people compare him to. Moreover, him trying to spin off his shite JLings brand by using Manchester United as a platform along with his idiotic claims and pimp clothing does add a bit fuel to the fire in nerves of hundreds of millions of United fans who have been badly burnt by mediocrity ever since SAF retired.
THANK YOU!! People giving me stick on this thread for saying it was fine for Beckham to be in the media lime light because he was actually delivering every game on the pitch. After the treble Becks could have released his own thong for all I would of cared :lol:.

Stadjer

It's unlikely they'll both be at United but i'd bet any money they'll both still be in the Premier League in 5 years.
Lingard surely must be gone by then right? Rashford does have some special qualities so he might still be at United.

But yes both will be in the Premier League. (Former) English international with experience of playing for Manchested United. Im sure a smaller Premier League team would love to pick them up. Exactly the level where Lingard should be right now.

Maticmaker

You sometimes wonder when you see Jesse and Marcus all 'dolled up' as they were on Sunday whether they think that's what's expected of them? Is it the influence of Paul Pogba? I'm not bothered about their off the field antics as long as they deliver on the field and just recently they haven't (but not on their own in this).

The club uses them as front men, for the United Foundation in particular, because they are both Mancunians and relate to the City and its younger population. They have both received a bit of 'fame' from their association with United and England, so lets hope there enough people around them with the right ideas that can keep them both level headed and their careers both on track!

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Ah yes, another reason to log back out of the caf.

It's actually disgusting how much they're abused by their own fans for a) Wanting to better themselves and those around them by having their own brands and following different side-hobbies to football and b) Choosing to weare certain pieces of clothing.

Footballing wise they're not the top echelon of players but how many are?! The comments saying they should concentrate on being the very best that they can be, do you seriously think they don't try to? Plus they've both played in European Finals, won them. They've both played in a World Cup semi-final for feck sake, how many players at the end of their careers can say that?! The season is over for United and they're still getting slated. It's an absolute state. They were asked to perform media duties at an event and decided to do so in specific clothing that they feel comfortable in. What do you expect them to do? Turn up in full kit and beg to get on the pitch in a little fun friendly game? Wear the type of clothing that you want them to wear? They aren't robots that are tasked to only play football and think football, they're people.

If Lingard or Rashford didn't play football who knows where they would be and how much money they'd have so they're making the most of the privilege that they've worked bloody hard to achieve. For all the people laughing at Lingard for his age are ironically overlooking that it's to do with how hard he had to graft to get to where he is now. He's not the most talented player and had to go on several loans to get to where he is and he's now a fully fledged international for a European side, that's fantastic for where you would assumed he'd have got to at the age of 21 for example when he was at his 3rd loan club playing for Brighton.

They use social media, so what? Do you not realise how that can tune into young fans and there are young lads that can connect with them because they aren't robots that have to tune out of having fun and living life? Would you rather they were depressed individuals that had a bundle of energy inside but it was opressed cause a bunch of sad men on the internet invest so much time into their lives. That's what is the biggest joke of all. The amount of time you lot must spend waiting for every status update or picture that each of them post so you can post something aggressive about what they're wearing or how they're dancing is just sad.

Shall we mention how much they both do for the fans too? There are countless stories of how they both not only take part in group events and donations for charity but they both personally do things for fans which is a credit to them and shows that they're completely harmless lads that care a lot about United and Manchester and some of you lot are probably leaving them feeling embarrassed to associate with either, I know I would be.

I wonder how many of you lot who are slating them for having brands go home after you've finished work and invest time in other hobbies. That's what it is, a hobby. It's a hobby for the upper class but a hobby nonetheless and you can bet if I was in the same position as them I would be doing similar things to better myself as it means I can help others around me in ways that I wouldn't be able to if I wasn't (as they are) a footballer.

Last edited:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
JLingz is embarrassing our true academy legends. Where were Scholes,Becks Giggs and co at the age of 27? PL & CL champions. No clothing lines, no perfumes, no media nonsense. Even after achieving the elite status they didn't act foolish like these guys, they remained humble and kept wanting to win and improve more. If Jesse was banging them in and putting in 7/10 performances every game no one would care about his brand, but he's just taking the p!ss now, season's been terrible just keep your head down and focus on your football. SAF would of have these guys long gone I'm certain.
Right.

fergiesarmy1

A lot of companies frown upon employees running sidelines especially if they aren’t doing particularly well for their primary role for good reason as they can lose focus.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
To sum up, I don't really GAF what they wear and I wouldn't directly abuse them for it or anything.

But they looked like a right pair of bellends. :lol:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I also don't understand how, people bring up all of lingards charity work, and working with children, giving back to his community and that's brushed off as meaning nothing on the pitch. But if he dances on insta and dares to create a brand for himself, he should be concentrating more on his football and less on stuff they don't care about.

Yeah, our "fans" are toxic.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

It's actually disgusting how much they're abused by their own fans for a) Wanting to better themselves and those around them by having their own brands and following different side-hobbies to football and b) Choosing to weare certain pieces of clothing.

Footballing wise they're not the top echelon of players but how many are?! The comments saying they should concentrate on being the very best that they can be, do you seriously think they don't try to? Plus they've both played in European Finals, won them. They've both played in a World Cup semi-final for feck sake, how many players at the end of their careers can say that?! The season is over for United and they're still getting slated. It's an absolute state. They were asked to perform media duties at an event and decided to do so in specific clothing that they feel comfortable in. What do you expect them to do? Turn up in full kit and beg to get on the pitch in a little fun friendly game? Wear the type of clothing that you want them to wear? They aren't robots that are tasked to only play football and think football, they're people.

If Lingard or Rashford didn't play football who knows where they would be and how much money they'd have so they're making the most of the privilege that they've worked bloody hard to achieve. For all the people laughing at Lingard for his age are ironically overlooking that it's to do with how hard he had to graft to get to where he is now. He's not the most talented player and had to go on several loans to get to where he is and he's now a fully fledged international for a European side, that's fantastic for where you would assumed he'd have got to at the age of 21 for example when he was at his 3rd loan club playing for Brighton.

They use social media, so what? Do you not realise how that can tune into young fans and there are young lads that can connect with them because they aren't robots that have to tune out of having fun and living life? Would you rather they were depressed individuals that had a bundle of energy inside but it was opressed cause a bunch of sad men on the internet invest so much time into their lives. That's what is the biggest joke of all. The amount of time you lot must spend waiting for every status update or picture that each of them post so you can post something aggressive about what they're wearing or how they're dancing is just sad.

Shall we mention how much they both do for the fans too? There are countless stories of how they both not only take part in group events and donations for charity but they both personally do things for fans which is a credit to them and shows that they're completely harmless lads that care a lot about United and Manchester and some of you lot are probably leaving them feeling embarrassed to associate with either, I know I would be.

I wonder how many of you lot who are slating them for having brands go home after you've finished work and invest time in other hobbies. That's what it is, a hobby. It's a hobby for the upper class but a hobby nonetheless and you can bet if I was in the same position as them I would be doing similar things to better myself as it means I can help others around me in ways that I wouldn't be able to if I wasn't (as they are) a footballer.
*applauds*

fergiesarmy1

If I thought they were trying their absolute best I couldn’t care less what they did, if this is their best we are in big trouble.

manunited1919

I also don't understand how, people bring up all of lingards charity work, and working with children, giving back to his community and that's brushed off as meaning nothing on the pitch. But if he dances on insta and dares to create a brand for himself, he should be concentrating more on his football and less on stuff they don't care about.

Yeah, our "fans" are toxic.
It’s not that we are “toxic”. We just want Lingard out of our team ASAP. But I will give you a “toxic” statistic: 1 goal and zero assists since boxing day for a Manchester United starting forward.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
If I thought they were trying their absolute best I couldn’t care less what they did, if this is their best we are in big trouble.
What the feck? Why are we in big trouble if Rashford and Lingard turn out to be not good enough despite doing their best? Does the future success of the club depend on only these two players?

As far as Rashford is concerned, even if his best isn’t good enough right now, he’s young enough to still have loads of time to turn things round.

So yeah, that’s a particularly dumb comment in a thread that’s fecking full of dumb comments.

fergiesarmy1

What the feck? Why are we in big trouble if Rashford and Lingard turn out to be not good enough despite doing their best? Does the future success of the club depend on only these two players?

As far as Rashford is concerned, even if his best isn’t good enough right now, he’s young enough to still have loads of time to turn things round.

So yeah, that’s a particularly dumb comment in a thread that’s fecking full of dumb comments.
Combined with the rest of the puddings playing at the same level I’d say we are certainly in trouble but hey I’ve only been following united for 40 years so what the hell do I know

manunited1919

For this upcoming season, if both of them are starters, then yes, our success will depend on them, and specifically on them turning around their horrible form.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Brilliant post.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
For this upcoming season, if both of them are starters, then yes, our success will depend on them, and specifically on them turning around their horrible form.
Bollox it does.

By all accounts we’re looking to upgrade Lukaku and sign another wide midfielder. If Ole gets backed this summer than we’re a hell of a lot less reliant on both of them (and we’ve never been reliant on Lingard, the likes of Sanchez, Mata and Martial should all have been good enough to keep him out of the team)

fergiesarmy1

Bollox it does.

By all accounts we’re looking to upgrade Lukaku and sign another wide midfielder. If Ole gets backed this summer than we’re a hell of a lot less reliant on both of them (and we’ve never been reliant on Lingard, the likes of Sanchez, Mata and Martial should all have been good enough to keep him out of the team)
You need to calm down pal :lol:

Hephaestus

Spot on.

manunited1919

Bollox it does.

We are in agreement on that. But if Lingard and Rashford continue their terrible form, with OGS continuing to pick them despite terrible form, our season will be over by October, regardless of who is signed. Also, it’s not Lingard’s or Rashford’s fault if they keep getting picked to start; but at the moment, as their form goes, so does our team go.

manunited1919

We are in agreement on that. But if Lingard and Rashford continue their terrible form, with OGS continuing to pick them despite terrible form, our season will be over by October, regardless of who is signed. Also, it’s not Lingard’s or Rashford’s fault if they keep getting picked to start; but at the moment, as their form goes, so does our team go.
And in Lingard’s case it’s not form, his level is just not good enough.

fergiesarmy1

I see Danielle de Rossi twittered today something along the lines when I see players doing Instagram videos before the game I want to to take a baseball bat to their teeth

Maybe I’m from his era but totally agree with his sentiment maybe not the actual full out violence

He'sRaldo

In Lingard's case, I think it's because his whole marketing thing probably wouldn't work if he wasn't a Man Utd player. He's not skilled enough to be at another big club, and his personality alone isn't enough to carry his whole brand if he was at a mid-table club. So the assumption then is that he's gaining a lot by simply being a Man Utd player, being paid a good salary and having a golden opportunity to get his brand going through Man Utd's exposure.

For that reason, people feel it's unfair for him to put in such mediocre performances when he's gaining so much from the club, and focus on his brand so much when without the club it probably wouldn't be possible. It kinda comes off as a parasitic relationship as opposed to a symbiotic one (the likes of which Beckham had, and Pogba has).

ryansgirl

JLingz is embarrassing our true academy legends. Where were Scholes,Becks Giggs and co at the age of 27? PL & CL champions. No clothing lines, no perfumes, no media nonsense. Even after achieving the elite status they didn't act foolish like these guys, they remained humble and kept wanting to win and improve more. If Jesse was banging them in and putting in 7/10 performances every game no one would care about his brand, but he's just taking the p!ss now, season's been terrible just keep your head down and focus on your football. SAF would of have these guys long gone I'm certain.
And Scholes, Becks, Giggs and co grew up at United in a tight-knit group coming up together while surrounded by seasoned United players, seasoned either in age or experience or both. The team had The Rock in Alex Ferguson and a strong identity whereby young players were developed in keeping with a stable club.

Becks had a media circus around him and it was largely self-inflicted by his very conscious decision to be a brand with Victoria and use the media without really understanding how it would come to bite him. However, Becks had the outstanding football skills - he was one of the best England players of his generation and would have walked into any of the top European teams at his peak with United. Unlike Victoria who was neither a real singer nor songwriter - simply an entertainer in a manufactured group no matter how fun.

Jesse and Marcus have been in teams that are very different and they've both done well to be flying the flag for Manchester United in national teams - for a start. I don't recall either of them letting us done when we won silverware under Mourinho and Van Gaal. And given how joyless it has been in some ways to be a Manchester United player over the last 6 years, good luck to them for having fun that harms no one in their off-pitch lives.

haram

Or maybe just you, please go back to Lukaku thread and defend him some more before he fcuks off to Inter.

Rashford still has time on his side, but he needs great attacking coach to help him with his development. His attitude seems off at the moment.

No hope for JLingz though.
What does this have to do with Lukaku? Crap post.

MDFC Manager

Wish people (including a certain Mr Neville) defended Pogba with the same gusto as they are with this pair.

GiddyUp

How, I mean how????

What has Lingard done to be included in our best eleven, except run a lot?

1 assist 0 goals in the past 1000 minutes and 13 assists 20 goals since he began his career.

Mate?
I consider Smalling to be the worst footballer at the club, above average defender when the conditions are right but the worst footballing technique amongst them all. I believe he has 18 goals for this club. Lingard should be ashamed of himself for his attacking contribution on the pitch.
Leave out the comparison with genuine legends if this club and the game. Forget about what I consider stupid attire amongst these players or social media presence. Bottom line is Lingard is not good enough for a top 6 team, all the local lad bullshit won't change that fact. Rashford has some time but right now he needs to get his head in the game. He makes more bad decisions on the pitch then anyone but his position protects him.
Of course they are not the only culprits and definitely not the top priority for the changes that need to be made this summer but they need to have some self awareness of the reality of the situation. Lingard has no excuses right now and Rashford seems to be Hansel to his Zoolander. But we have no senior players with the balls to lead this club and tell the players around them that living the flash life and playing shit football while being paid handsomely to play great football will invite ridicule from the fanbase.
Despite the criticism we all want both of them to succeed but to insinuate that they've made it just by being picked to play for the club highlights their total lack of understanding of what it takes to stay on top.

wolvored

Saw that Rashford and Lingard had both posted this on their Instagram accounts.

Apparently that's the success rate of young players that make it in the Premier League.

Seems that they're getting a bit of stick online as elitist / arrogant.

From a social media perspective, is Lingard serving as a bad influence / off the pitch distraction to Rashford?
Why does Lingard post this? If he thinks hes still looked at as a young player, hes majorly wrong. At 26 he should be close to his peak years and his peak years are nowhere near the standard we need.

Marcelinho87

Why does Lingard post this? If he thinks hes still looked at as a young player, hes majorly wrong. At 26 he should be close to his peak years and his peak years are nowhere near the standard we need.
The problem is he IS still looked at as a young player by everyone apart from us here on the caf.

It is baffling.

Kapardin

Atleast he won't be a starter for us next season barring a few games. Rashford is the bigger worry if he is an automatic starter.