10 best forwards in the league

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Who are the 10 best forwards in the league? Can you make a top 10 list? By forward I mean players like Hazard, Aubameyang and Salah, not Pogba, Eriksen and DeBryune.

I'm genuinely curious if there is a general consensus on here or if the opinions vary greatly.

My one (little bias perhaps?)

1. Kane
2. Salah
3. Aguero
4. Sterling

5. Hazard
6. Mane
7. Son
8. Rashford
9. Aubameyang
10. Martial

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
No Sane? He should surely be there if you're putting Sterling and Hazard like players in there as well. My list though :

Kane
Aguero
Hazard
Salah
Aubamayeng
Sterling
Sane
Rashford
Martial
Son

Martial has the potential to be at the top but he has to improve his performances. He has also been a bit overshadowed by Rashers and Pogba since Ole came in.

Eric7C

Who are the 10 best forwards in the league? Can you make a top 10 list? By forward I mean players like Hazard, Aubameyang and Salah, not Pogba, Eriksen and DeBryune.

I'm genuinely curious if there is a general consensus on here or if the opinions vary greatly.

My one (little bias perhaps?)

1. Kane
2. Salah
3. Aguero
4. Sterling

5. Hazard
6. Mane
7. Son
8. Rashford
9. Aubameyang
10. Martial
Aguero
Kane
Salah
Sterling
Rashford
Son (on form, not sheer talent)
Martial (needs more consistency)
Mane
Aubameyang
Sane/Jesus/Hazard

In one year's time:
Martial
Rashford
The rest :D

iamkiranks

Aguero
Kane
Salah
Son
Sterling
Hazard
Aubemayang
Rashford
Mane
Sane

Honourable mentions: Martial, Firmino

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
No Sane? He should surely be there if you're putting Sterling and Hazard like players in there as well. My list though :

Kane
Aguero
Hazard
Salah
Aubamayeng
Sterling
Sane
Rashford
Martial
Son

Martial has the potential to be at the top but he has to improve his performances. He has also been a bit overshadowed by Rashers and Pogba since Ole came in.
I rate Sane, but more so last season than this season from what I have seen. He would be my 11th pick :)

Jib

1. Aguero
2. Hazard
3. Martial
4. Salah
5. Sterling
6. Kane
7. Rashford
8. Sané
9. Son
10. Mané/Aubameyang

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
On current form? Over their whole career? Im going to go over their whole career so Aubamayang will lose some ground as it is his first season.

Aguero
Kane
Hazard
Salah
Sterling
Firmino
Son
Aubamayang
Rashford
Martial

Last edited:

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I think there are several who you can't leave out, i.e. Aguero, Salah, Kane, Hazard and Aubameyang.

That leaves room for 5 others, and a pool to pick from would look like:

Sane
Sterling
Jesus
Mane
Firmino
Son
Rashford
Martial
Lacazette
Vardy
Wilson

Notable omissions are Higuain, Alexis and Lukaku whose recent form simply doesn't warrant a place in that list at the moment.

If I had to pick 5, I'd go Son, Sane, Sterling, Lacazette probably.

crossy1686

career ending
I think there are several who you can't leave out, i.e. Aguero, Salah, Kane, Hazard and Aubameyang.

Sane
Sterling
Jesus
Mane
Firmino
Son
Rashford
Martial
Lacazette
Vardy
Wilson

Notable omissions are Higuain, Alexis and Lukaku whose recent form simply doesn't warrant a place in that list at the moment.

You've done your absolute best not to pick Rashford or Martial here haven't you? Lacazette and Sane are easily behind both of them.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands

Sane
Sterling
Jesus
Mane
Firmino
Son
Rashford
Martial
Lacazette
Vardy
Wilson

That's 4. And you are having a laugh.

Devil1

BRANDED: Part Time dipper supporter
Only a matter of time until Lukaku is back on these lists.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
You've done your absolute best not to pick Rashford or Martial here haven't you? Lacazette and Sane are easily behind both of them.
On current form, I'd have Rashford ahead of Sane, but he's not better than Sane just yet. That guy was tearing everyone apart at the start of the season and during last season. I think you'd probably struggle to find a non-United fan who'd have Rashford ahead of Sane if you look past his form under Solskjaer. And Lacazette has a lot more pedigree than Rashford and has done it for many more years.

You don't have to be so defensive about it, mate. I included both of your players in the pool to pick from, but both of them were not even uncontested starters last season and the first part of this one.

crossy1686

career ending
On current form, I'd have Rashford ahead of Sane, but he's not better than Sane just yet. That guy was tearing everyone apart at the start of the season and during last season. I think you'd probably struggle to find a non-United fan who'd have Rashford ahead of Sane if you look past his form under Solskjaer. And Lacazette has a lot more pedigree than Rashford and has done it for many more years.

You don't have to be so defensive about it, mate. I included both of your players in the pool to pick from, but both of them were not even uncontested starters last season and the first part of this one.
I'm not being defensive about it but if we're talking about best strikers in the PL on current form, you'd find it hard to leave out Rashford and Martial. Sane is a good player and I'd probably hold him in the same regard as Martial but that's just me. Lacazette however has done absolutely nothing in all his time (mostly on Arsenal's bench) to be considered, it's like picking Giroud based on the his World Cup medal. Anyway, I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it, that's all.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
I'm not being defensive about it but if we're talking about best strikers in the PL on current form, you'd find it hard to leave out Rashford and Martial. Sane is a good player and I'd probably hold him in the same regard as Martial but that's just me. Lacazette however has done absolutely nothing in all his time (mostly on Arsenal's bench) to be considered, it's like picking Giroud based on the his World Cup medal. Anyway, I respect your opinion but I don't agree with it, that's all.
On current form, yes I'd have Rashford in (Martial not as imo he hasn't been better than for example Mane).

Sane 17/18 - 27 starts, 5 subs, 10G + 15A
Sane 18/19 - 17 starts, 6 subs, 8G + 10A

Rashford 17/18 - 17 starts, 18 subs, 7G + 5A
Rashford 18/19 - 17 starts, 5 subs, 9G + 7A

Martial 17/18 - 18 starts, 12 subs, 9G + 5A
Martial 18/19 - 15 starts, 5 subs, 9G + 2A

If anything, these stats show that Sane is easily in front of both, not behind them. And yes, he plays for City whilst the other two had Mourinho to deal with, but still, it's definitely a valid claim to have him in front of Rashford and Martial (in general, not on current form).

With respect to Lacazette, I think he's done well whenever he's gotten the chance next to Aubameyang. Obviously I had him in based on his career in general and not his stint in the PL, and yes I'd have Rashford in ahead of him on current form.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Hazard
Salah
Aguero
Sterling
Kane
Martial
Sane
Rashford
Heung
Mane

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Err...what? Rashford and Martial have just started playing well for more than a couple of games since what? 2 years?

I'd say based on performance over the last 2 years:
1./2. Agüero/Salah
3. Sterling
4. Kane
5. Hazard
6. Sané
7. Son
8. Mané
9. Firmino
10. Vardy

Based on what I think they'd be capable of when in top-form:
1. Hazard
2. Agüero
3. Kane
4. Salah
5./6. Sterling/Sané
7. Firmino
8. Aubameyang
9./10./11./12. Mané/Martial/Rashford/Son

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
On current form, yes I'd have Rashford in (Martial not as imo he hasn't been better than for example Mane).

Sane 17/18 - 27 starts, 5 subs, 10G + 15A
Sane 18/19 - 17 starts, 6 subs, 8G + 10A

Rashford 17/18 - 17 starts, 18 subs, 7G + 5A
Rashford 18/19 - 17 starts, 5 subs, 9G + 7A

Martial 17/18 - 18 starts, 12 subs, 9G + 5A
Martial 18/19 - 15 starts, 5 subs, 9G + 2A

If anything, these stats show that Sane is easily in front of both, not behind them. And yes, he plays for City whilst the other two had Mourinho to deal with, but still, it's definitely a valid claim to have him in front of Rashford and Martial (in general, not on current form).

With respect to Lacazette, I think he's done well whenever he's gotten the chance next to Aubameyang. Obviously I had him in based on his career in general and not his stint in the PL, and yes I'd have Rashford in ahead of him on current form.
Using that logic Martial and Rashford > Mane.

Overall Sane is better or had better season since 2017-18 than Rashford and Martial but Lacazette isn't better. Martial end product is better than Mane's too and this with playing for Jose Mourinho in all but 8 games.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
Sane has been way better than both of them for the last two seasons. A group of good games in a month from them is hardly enough to be ahead of him.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Aguero
Salah
Kane

Hazard
Son
Sterling

Rashford
Aubamayeng
Mane

1 of:
Sane
Martial
Higuain (maybe too early in the PL but more based on his career I guess)
Vardy
Firmino

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Using that logic Martial and Rashford > Mane.

Overall Sane is better or had better season since 2017-18 than Rashford and Martial but Lacazette isn't better. Martial end product is better than Mane's too and this with playing for Jose Mourinho in all but 8 games.
Cheers, interesting stats. Mane can indeed be incredibly wasteful, but he still consistently gets his annual share of goals and assists as a forward in our team, of course.

I could probably live with someone else instead of Lacazette although I do feel he deserves to be mentioned looking at his whole career, albeit the majority of which was in France. Sane, no, he has to be in there for me.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Cheers, interesting stats. Mane can indeed be incredibly wasteful, but he still consistently gets his annual share of goals and assists as a forward in our team, of course.

I could probably live with someone else instead of Lacazette although I do feel he deserves to be mentioned looking at his whole career, albeit the majority of which was in France. Sane, no, he has to be in there for me.
Yeah Sane should be there. Him and Sterling are just superb wingers.

Re Mane, he has scored or assisted 3 more goals than Rashford playing 900 more mins (which is around 10 games) and 5 more goals than Martial playing 1368 more mins ( which is around 15 games).

At least going by stats it's Sane>Martial>Rashfod>Mane.

Just going by stats though, people obviously rate players differently.

TheLiverBird

In no order

Salah
Mane
Firmino

Aguero
Sterling
Sane

Kane
Hazard
Rashford

Aubameyang

Bergman

Supports
Liverpool
1) Salah
2) Hazard
3) Kun Aguero
4) Kane
5) Mané
6) Sterling
7) Auba
8) Firmino
9) Son
10) Martial

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Aguero is the best CF in the league and has been for sometime, his record in big matches is just unreal

Kane is 2nd best and then there’s a small gap where likes of Aubameyang/Salah/Hazard fit in.

Meep

Aguero is the best CF in the league and has been for sometime, his record in big matches is just unreal

Kane is 2nd best and then there’s a small gap where likes of Aubameyang/Salah/Hazard fit in.
So true. Aguero still so unjustifiably under rated.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rash Decision

not to use the cream
What's the timeframe being considered? Current form? Last 2 seasons? Overall careers of the current PL forwards? If it's the first then Martial and Rashford should be there somewhere. If it's the last then leave those two out but Alexis and arguably Lukaku have to be in the list.

Revan

Assumptionman
1) Salah
2) Aguero
3) Kane
4) Hazard
5) Sterling
6) Mane
7) Martial
8) Aubameyang
9) Firminho
10) Rashford

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
1) Salah
2) Hazard
3) Aguero
4) Kane
5) Mané
6) Sterling
7) Sane
8) Firmino
9) Son
10) Aubameyang

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
This list is gonna be fun to revisit after a couple of months.

haram

Aubameyang is not better than Martial. Salah is not better than Kane and Aguero.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Not entirely sure how you compare a goal scoring machine like Aguero with someone like Hazard who is probably the best player in the league?

I also assume the likes of Alli and Lingard aren't included either given the likes of De Bruyne and Pogba are ineligible?

I guess mine would be

1- Hazard
2- Kane
3- Aguero
4- Salah
5- Sterling
6- Sane
7- Son
8- Mane
9- Martial
10 - Rashford

Last edited:

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
Not entirely sure how you compare a goal scoring machine like Aguero with someone like Hazard who is probably the best player in the league?

I also assume the likes of Alli and Lingard aren't included either given the likes of De Bruyne and Pogba are ineligible?

I guess mine would be

1- Hazard
2- Aguero
3- Kane
4- Salah
5- Sterling
6- Sane
7- Son
8- Mane
9- Martial
10 - Rashford
Good point, I guess there are examples of players who sometimes play as a forward and sometimes play more of a midfield role, I'd say include them if you think they are a top 10 player when playing as a forward (striker or part of the forward line).

And I don't know if most people think Hazard is the best player in the league, that's partly why I think it's interesting to hear peoples opinions. Looking at peoples list I'd say he is in the conversation, but without counting I'm not sure he is the one most people would pick as the best forward, never mind player.

What's the timeframe being considered? Current form? Last 2 seasons? Overall careers of the current PL forwards? If it's the first then Martial and Rashford should be there somewhere. If it's the last then leave those two out but Alexis and arguably Lukaku have to be in the list.
I'd say who you think is currently the better player. What a player did 5 years ago doesn't make him a better player right now. However, the player have to show that it isn't just a current purple patch, so I guess it's a mix. You are of course free to pick what criterion you want, and as is always the case with these lists, different people have different criterion to judge who they think is a better player.

Either way, if you consider the last 2 years I don't think Sanchez would be anywhere near, at least not for me, he wasn't great for Arsenal before he was signed. Lukaku was decent last season, but not exceptional imo, and right now he is not showing anything to make him deserve to be on a top 10 imo.