Gaming 1001 Video Games You Must Play Before You Die

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
174/999 (17%).

Some proper blasts from the past there. Hunter and Stunt Car Racer take me back to my Atari ST days!

JB7

29. The lack of football games on the list really hindered me there. :rolleyes:

Minkaro

Just 79 for me. I did the 1001 albums, I’m not doing this!

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Really didn't expect to see Bookworm there - surprisingly one of the games I have played. Most of my number consists of Final Fantasy, Zelda and Mario. 85 (9%), though isn't there 999 games and not 1001?

Siorac

93. 9%

Where the feck was Heroes Of Might And Magic 3???
The whole list was a bit weird. Every single Grand Theft Auto that ever got released is on there but no place for Wolfenstein 3D... Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is there but the original Baldur's Gate isn't (if I missed it, let me know; I know Shadows of Amn is there).

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The whole list was a bit weird. Every single Grand Theft Auto that ever got released is on there but no place for Wolfenstein 3D... Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance is there but the original Baldur's Gate isn't (if I missed it, let me know; I know Shadows of Amn is there).
True. And unless I'm mistaken Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is there but not 1 + 2 :houllier:

Dante

Average bang
I got 95 out of 999. More than I was expecting, to be honest. Though a lot of them have only been for a couple of levels. If we're talking about completing games, you could probably half that.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
For those that played FIFA 2009 and FIFA 2011 you better get on playing FIFA 2010 before you die. Same goes for you Madden, NHL and FM guys. Peak of sports games that year.

padr81

Supports
Man City
632 :lol:

And it could be higher as I was being completely honest and disregarding those I think I've played but can't remember on what and when.

NERD! (And older than I care to admit going by this! :( )
Man I thought my 413 was bad. Thats impressive.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Most of these in the 8 bit era or earlier I can’t tell if actually played it or I just recognize the names.

OleBoiii

Some weird choices on there. Seems a bit outdated too? No BOTW etc.

Bosws87

472 apparently but it consisted of a dreadful list of games there are plenty better ones.

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
101. Lots of great memories going through the first 10-15 pages - and then we hit the 2000s and I know almost nothing anymore. :D Probably better not to actually revisit those great memories thought; I tried playing Dune 2 and C&C some times ago, and damn do they feel horrible now! Doom 2 is still great though, whenever I try it again. (As long as it's a version in which you can sprint and jump - which I know wasn't in the original.)

True. And unless I'm mistaken Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 is there but not 1 + 2 :houllier:
And they've got Star Control 3 (which was a disappointment when it came out), but no Star Control 2 (one of the best games ever). They also included tons of LucasArts adventures (all three Monkey Islands), but none by Sierra. Surely King's Quest 1 belongs in this list, if nothing else!

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
No Red Dead Redemption? Huge omission

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
101. Lots of great memories going through the first 10-15 pages - and then we hit the 2000s and I know almost nothing anymore. :D Probably better not to actually revisit those great memories thought; I tried playing Dune 2 and C&C some times ago, and damn do they feel horrible now! Doom 2 is still great though, whenever I try it again. (As long as it's a version in which you can sprint and jump - which I know wasn't in the original.)

And they've got Star Control 3 (which was a disappointment when it came out), but no Star Control 2 (one of the best games ever). They also included tons of LucasArts adventures (all three Monkey Islands), but none by Sierra. Surely King's Quest 1 belongs in this list, if nothing else!
Full throttle too. Also, Jedi Knight, but no Dark forces or the likes of Academy? No Plunder for the Spectrum? Or the Master? No New Zealand Story, but Bubble Bobble 2 gets in there? (it's almost like they picked the only games they think people would actually know, shock as that may be).

I could go on and on about the bad choices...

Tiber

I got bored and gave up after page 2. I don't give a toss about that Galaga style shit that came out before I was born

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Full throttle too. Also, Jedi Knight, but no Dark forces or the likes of Academy? No Plunder for the Spectrum? Or the Master? No New Zealand Story, but Bubble Bobble 2 gets in there? (it's almost like they picked the only games they think people would actually know, shock as that may be).

New Zealand Story was definitely in there. I remember thinking, have I played this because it sounds familiar.

I got bored and gave up after page 2. I don't give a toss about that Galaga style shit that came out before I was born
Yeah I feel the same way about Oasis too

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
New Zealand Story was definitely in there. I remember thinking, have I played this because it sounds familiar.

Yeah I feel the same way about Oasis too
I don't think it was, but then I could be wrong. Toki wasn't either, neither were the better Wonder Boy games.

Come to think of it, was OOT? Or System Shock 2 (despite Bioshock being in there)?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Yeah, I was also wondering about Dark Forces. I guess it depends on perspective sometimes. Jedi Knight would be more fun now, but Dark Forces much more blew me away when it came out. (Although Jedi Knight was pretty spectacular for its time as well.) Of course they don't give selection criteria though.

If we're listing games we missed: Master of Orion is another one for me. My perspective is largely limited to MSX (where's King's Valley?) and PC games though.

Nickosaur

93. Never having a Nintendo console (except a gameboy) i've really missed out on a lot of games.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
209 of 999 · 21%

You did better than 84% of users on this list
Your rank: #2,801 of 17,186 users on this list
You beat the avg. score of 161

Some fond memories in there. Especially cool to remember some at the time truly groundbreaking games like MDK and Outlast.