18th Century Pub magically goes on fire and demolishes itself

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Likewise, although for slightly different reasons. My best friend and I grew up watching Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on repeat, in which it appears, and have always said we'd visit it some day. Livid doesn't even cover it.
That’s why I wanted to see it. I loved that film as a nipper, my mum who is no longer with us loved it because of crappy song but I have fond memories of her explaining how famous that tree was when I happened to recognise it on a different TV show

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
That’s a weird one, cause in some weird way, it’s just a tree, but an iconic one.

What can the charges be, and for what length of time.
Humans live less years than this tree did
Just a tree? I wish someone would cut you down you’re just a heathen.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
Just a tree? I wish someone would cut you down you’re just a heathen.
Haha. What I meant was. He’s not committed murder, so what can the punishment really be.

As I said. It’s an iconic tree, that’s lived longer than us, and should have been there way beyond us, so even though it’s ‘just a tree’ I feel like he should pay the consequences of actions, which he knew what he was doing

Spark

Actually impressive for a 16 year old to chop a massive tree down. Clean job too.

Pretty taliban of him though, admittedly.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
I’m actually fuming at this. It was on my bucket list to see it, I’m a massive Treedophile. What a nasty little cnut the kid that did it must be.
Me and the missus are staying up that way next month and we’d pencilled in going to see it as part of a longer walk.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's just a tree. A tree that has stood for hundreds of years, visited by countless thousands of people, part of an iconic shot in a movie still watched to this day, a reminder of our history and existence on this earth, that it has stood in a place and been touched and sat below by people no longer with us, and now some idiot has cut it down. And for what?

The tree didn't advance civilization. It didn't discover a cure for cancer. But neither has the person who has cut it down. So what right did this person have to end it's existence? Buggering pap all, I'd say, and bum off to any fecking cnut who disagrees with me.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
There is just no way that a 16 year old has somehow managed to expertly cut a tree that size down, in the pitch black, on a wet and windy night. Not even old enough to drive ffs so someone has given him a lift with a chainsaw to do it?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
That’s why I wanted to see it. I loved that film as a nipper, my mum who is no longer with us loved it because of crappy song but I have fond memories of her explaining how famous that tree was when I happened to recognise it on a different TV show
:(

This kid may need to go into lifelong hiding off the back of what he's done. Can only hope the local authority does something even more beautiful with the area to turn this shite news into a positive.

Frosty

Logical and sensible but turns women gay
:(

This kid may need to go into lifelong hiding off the back of what he's done. Can only hope the local authority does something even more beautiful with the area to turn this shite news into a positive.
Given the mountain of debt LAs are under I think they will commemorate the tree by making 150 redundancies.

C'est Moi Cantona

No doubt there's a crappy tiktok video of him doing it out there somewhere, what a sad little world we live in.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
Actually impressive for a 16 year old to chop a massive tree down. Clean job too.

Pretty taliban of him though, admittedly.
Who raised that little shit? Poor tree wasn't hurting anyone then along come a little snotty nose bugger who chops it down.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Will they though, or will they just declare bankruptcy and walk away?
Yeah there's absolutely no way those two twats will rebuild it. They'll rock up to court in three years time (parking over two blue badge, or family spots in their Range Rover Evoque), have their lawyer get them off on a technicality. Or between now and that point, after all the public ruckus dies out, they'll "come to an agreement" with a councillor who is absolutely not corrupt in any way whatsoever, and the whole thing will just go away.

It's the way of the world. Twats keep on twatting on. All we can do is take joy in the fact that everyone knows they're a twat.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
Yeah there's absolutely no way those two twats will rebuild it. They'll rock up to court in three years time (parking over two blue badge, or family spots in their Range Rover Evoque), have their lawyer get them off on a technicality. Or between now and that point, after all the public ruckus dies out, they'll "come to an agreement" with a councillor who is absolutely not corrupt in any way whatsoever, and the whole thing will just go away.

It's the way of the world. Twats keep on twatting on. All we can do is take joy in the fact that everyone knows they're a twat.
I saw that a number of people have been arrested for arson. I wonder if these 2 have been charged? If so that might make a difference to the chances of getting it rebuilt.