18th Century Pub magically goes on fire and demolishes itself

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
I myself work as an archaeologist for a council
Can I ask where (totally understand if you don’t want to say online!)

I studied archaeology at UCL but never went into it professionally. Though I know lots of people that did.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Can I ask where (totally understand if you don’t want to say online!)

I studied archaeology at UCL but never went into it professionally. Though I know lots of people that did.
yeah, would rather not disclose that online but a major county so there is a lot of work. :) don’t blame you for not going into it, I think about leaving the profession daily!

pauldyson1uk

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
These magical fires appear to be happening in my home town as well now. Three fires (actually five fires if you talk to anyone in the local police force) in the space of a year for this unfortunate listed building that the new owners want to turn into flats.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-edinburgh-east-fife-66703312

It's in the center of town, in the "affluent" area where the beautiful old buildings are being regularly torn down to build shitty flats.

Arseholes. I got my first blowy in that building ffs.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
@Mr Pigeon Have you ever left Fife?
How dare you. I lived in Perth for three whole years and that's at least an hour's drive.

Anyway. Calling it right now; this will be the next building in my town that will magically have a fire (forcing the land owners to tear it down and be left with no choice but to build some metal and glass monstrosities).

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
I shouldn’t get worked up about things like this, but I hope they really throw the book at them. This kind of historical vandalism (I’d like to trade mark that phrase) makes my blood boil. The owners must be wishing to god that they could put the clock back. The amount of media attention will mean that this can’t be brushed under the carpet

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I shouldn’t get worked up about things like this, but I hope they really throw the book at them. This kind of historical vandalism (I’d like to trade mark that phrase) makes my blood boil. The owners must be wishing to god that they could put the clock back. The amount of media attention will mean that this can’t be brushed under the carpet
Don't google historic trees whatever you do.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Oh God, I saw that earlier and am already enraged. What the hell are some people like? I do t know how you can grow up giving that little of a sh1t about things around you.

Not ‘you’ personally, unless you’ve got something you’d like to share with the group?

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Oh God, I saw that earlier and am already enraged. What the hell are some people like? I do t know how you can grow up giving that little of a sh1t about things around you.

Not ‘you’ personally, unless you’ve got something you’d like to share with the group?
That's where I can sympathise with some. If you grow up in environment where no one gives a shit about you, why would you give a shit about some tree realistically? Hypothetical of course.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I’m actually fuming at this. It was on my bucket list to see it, I’m a massive Treedophile. What a nasty little cnut the kid that did it must be.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
That's where I can sympathise with some. If you grow up in environment where no one gives a shit about you, why would you give a shit about some tree realistically? Hypothetical of course.
Yeah I suppose so. If you and everyone and everything are round you are treated as worthless, you’ll end up mirroring that principle. Still pretty annoyed though.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I’m actually fuming at this. It was on my bucket list to see it, I’m a massive Treedophile. What a nasty little cnut the kid that did it must be.
Likewise, although for slightly different reasons. My best friend and I grew up watching Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves on repeat, in which it appears, and have always said we'd visit it some day. Livid doesn't even cover it.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
That’s a weird one, cause in some weird way, it’s just a tree, but an iconic one.

What can the charges be, and for what length of time.
Humans live less years than this tree did