19 children and 2 teachers killed in Texas school shooting (24 May 2022)

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It would be the origin of many political memes, and the US doesn’t need any help in that regard, but he’d still be a vastly superior choice for Governor of Texas than the current guy.
He'd be great as Gov, especially when you compare it to trash like MJT, LB, and Cawthorn the GOP have been running of late.

RedDevil@84

I don't think this reform is ever going to be take in lifetime of average American caf member, because politicians are all greedy and vote bank running.
The only way any action will take place is when politicians and their families become afraid to step out because of mass shootings. And that is more of an Everyone Dies scenario.

Offsideagain

Only in America do you get constant events like this. If you watch American TV shows, especially Cop shows, guns are on display most of the time and people are getting shot so many times it’s no longer shocking. It has become the norm over there and the politicians don’t give a monkeys as long as they get their kickback from the gun lobby.

Carolina Red

Staff
He doesn't believe in any of it. Guaranteed he and his staff are fully vaccinated. He's conning his viewers, he's saying what they want to hear and making millions, he doesn't believe a single word of it
Yep, and basically said so in court when custody of his kids was at stake.

DRJosh

Supports
United minus the Glazers
The only way any action will take place is when politicians and their families become afraid to step out because of mass shootings. And that is more of an Everyone Dies scenario.
Fully agree. The probability of death in stepping outside has to be 1000x higher than covid before any politician even considers legislative action. Even then, there will be a few imbecilic nutcases who would feel a sense of twisted pride in dying from a bullet. Nothing like holding to one’s constitutional “freedoms” six feet under.
The world is crazy

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Fully agree. The probability of death in stepping outside has to be 1000x higher than covid before any politician even considers legislative action. Even then, there will be a few imbecilic nutcases who would feel a sense of twisted pride in dying from a bullet. Nothing like holding to one’s constitutional “freedoms” six feet under.
The world is crazy
It has very little to do with personal beliefs or even feelings of fear (hell, Scalise was shot and almost dies and he is one of the worst nutcases). It has everything to do with elections and ensuring their base knows they are as radical as can be. The thing to remember is that we are so gerrymandered now that general elections do not matter, it's all about the primary elections, and primary elections are all about the radical wing of each (but especially the republican) base. Those are the people who vote in primaries and those are the people who want guns in every school and tanks in every garage,

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United

Hey, totally normal. All you gun owners are complicit in this. Every one of you who purchase guns and ammunition that fuels the purchase of politicians. You can tell yourselves that you are responsible gun owners, but know that what you are responsible for is this. Do not grieve, do not feel sad, do not feel angry. Watch it and be proud. You, in your own special way, did this.

RedDevil@84

Hey, totally normal. All you gun owners are complicit in this. Every one of you who purchase guns and ammunition that fuels the purchase of politicians. You can tell yourselves that you are responsible gun owners, but know that what you are responsible for is this. Do not grieve, do not feel sad, do not feel angry. Watch it and be proud. You, in your own special way, did this.
But.. but.. good people with guns and guns dont kill people.

There is no sanity left in a person, if s/he believes that the 2nd amendment meant availability of military grade weapons in every hands, being able to buy guns like candies in stores.

I once asked a guy who was batting for guns, how he was planning to fight the mighty US Army if they went against rogue for whatever reason. He said a civilian army of million people with guns could assemble and then use guerilla warfare techniques to win. I am not sure if anyone can have any kind of conversation for someone that deluded.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
But.. but.. good people with guns and guns dont kill people.

There is no sanity left in a person, if s/he believes that the 2nd amendment meant availability of military grade weapons in every hands, being able to buy guns like candies in stores.

I once asked a guy who was batting for guns, how he was planning to fight the mighty US Army if they went against rogue for whatever reason. He said a civilian army of million people with guns could assemble and then use guerilla warfare techniques to win. I am not sure if anyone can have any kind of conversation for someone that deluded.
I am at the point that there are no innocent gun owners. None. The lack of inaction by politicians is 100% down to being bought and sold by the NRA and gun lobby. Any person who buys a gun or single bullet is contributing to the funds used to prevent any change. If this offends a gun owner, well too bad. Own it. Own that having your gun is more important to you than preventing even one more childs death.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Maybe the House shoud just pass "thoughts and prayers to the SCOTUS", instead of any security bill. Would be in line with GOP's response to mass murders.
I truly hope House Dems don’t do anything, but I could easily envision them caving today.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I say publish photos of the crime scene & make sure they are of vivid detail.
What's the point. Nothing is going to happen. You really think 10 GOP Senators are going to cross over? That Dems will set aside their beloved filibuster for this? Never going to happen. We are, at best, going to get a watered down and feckless bill that will do nothing but generate election year headlines for each side.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What's the point. Nothing is going to happen. You really think 10 GOP Senators are going to cross over? That Dems will set aside their beloved filibuster for this? Never going to happen. We are, at best, going to get a watered down and feckless bill that will do nothing but generate election year headlines for each side.
Helped in the Till saga, might help here.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
And increase gun sales.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
And increase gun sales.
Which will just dump more money into lobbying efforts to prevent any meaningful reform. American gun owners love their guns more than children. That is the only conclusion you can draw from this.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I say publish photos of the crime scene & make sure they are of vivid detail.
Jake Tapper was on Colbert the other night and spoke about this briefly, whether sanitised media coverage lessens the impact of these shootings on the public.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Jake Tapper was on Colbert the other night and spoke about this briefly, whether sanitised media coverage lessens the impact of these shootings on the public.
It's all sanitized. Coverage of real life events and what actually happens to living beings that get shot in TV and movies. It's no wonder Americans think guns are a neat and tidy way of solving their personal problems.

Last edited:

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
It's all sanitized. Coverage of real life events and what actually happens to living beings that get shot in TV and movies. It's no wonder Americans think guns are neat and tidy way of solving their personal problems.
Indeed.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?

Wonder if hubby still backs the blue. Probably does.
I'm not American but I'm very curious: how have the mass shootings affected gun ideology in those towns/cities? Say Newtown for example, how did that affect the community there?