20 years ago at this very moment ...

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I was ten, at home, torn between joy, relief and outright disbelief at what I'd just seen.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I said to my dad - we've lost. It's over
And he replied - it's not over. It only takes a second to score a goal.

SirAF

Ageist
I ran out on the lawn shouting and whooping (for both goals) while my mom went ballistic at all the racket :lol:

RussellWilson

2020 NFC Fantasy League winner
I did a Shemichaelesque flip in the living room aged 12. Life had never been so good.

Sitting in my living room with my dad in my favourite blue and white away top, couldn't believe what I was watching.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Was 20, watching with my dad at my parent's house.

I remember not actually going mad cheering when it when in. Instead I had a weird laughing fit for some strange reason.

Affirmation

An amazing moment in this clubs history, words truly cannot describe the magnitude of it :drool:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I was only 9 so the memory is hazey but I don't think I'll ever forget it. My mum and dad were still together back then, and both jumped up shouting. The dog didn't have a clue what was going on.
Next door neighbour was a scouser and went to put his bins out. Guessing because he couldn't watch after the first goal. Said he knew we'd scored again because he could hear us from the end of his drive.

stubie

I genuinely thought we had lost it, I was half watching the game, playing Championship Manager 97/98 throughout the second half.

Djemba-Djemba

I cheered louder for the Sheringham goal.

When Solskjaer scored I think I went into a daze, I was too delirious to cheer.

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
I was 12. I remember being in shock, I couldn't believe what was happening. Magical end to a magical season.

the chameleon

I was supposed to have a GCSE German exam the next day.

Didn't bother with revision. Ended up with an F.

Was it worth it? Hell yeah!

Zoo

An amazing moment. We got battered that night but deserved the luck because that side was truly thrilling.

madzo2007

I was 13 watching it by myself in the living room, my dad was in the pub and my mum was watching the soaps or something in the front room.

No Facebook, Twitter or even a mobile to distract me just sitting 100% full attention on the TV. When Sheringham scored I just lost it my mum came running in thinking something was wrong, I had barely composed myself when Solskjaer scored and I just jumped onto the sofa then hugging my mum while going mental.

Only time in my life where I have near cried from happiness. Still gives me goosebumps. What a night!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
feck me, I’m old. I was 24, playing hooky from my wine sales job, watching the match in downtown San Francisco with a hundred fellow Reds. After Ole scored, we all spilled onto the street with a ball, drunkenly playing a horrible brand of football. The cops politely walked us two blocks to let us keep playing on safety. Don’t remember how the hell I made it home that evening much less kept dating the chick who saw me go mad when we won.

NJM78

Went to Evolution night club in Cardiff straight after game, student night so cheap drinks, got absolutely smashed then started my new job (which I stayed for almost 15 years) the very next day, still pissed. Wonderful times!

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
I made a poster and put it up in my bedroom window for the whole cul-de-sac to see

Addled

Remember distinctly kicking the furniture around the room. My wife came and asked what was wrong (Bay 1 - 0 Man Utd) at that point. I remember that it was incredibly difficult to explain how I was feeling. And then......when it changed, it changed so quickly. So many mixed up emotions, so hard to understand what it meant to me.
Football..............bloody hell.

We want more, we want more (repeat ad nauseum)

.Phil1968

Ended up in the garden cheering like an idiot. I remember next door was washing his car and gawped at me.
Weveonlygoneandfeckingdoneit I shouted st him.
Great night got pissed on the only thing alcoholic in the house a bottle of banana wine my brother had given me about 3 years previous. Jesus my head the next day

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I madea poster and put it up in my bedroom window for the whole cul-de-sac to see
I had news paper clippings from the three Sundays after three trophies up on my wall.

It was fantastic. I wish I still had them

Chris Amesbury

20 years ago I was 23 kicking a football round the outside of Old Trafford with another couple of hundred fans after watching the game at the Trafford pub.
Greatest kick about ever...

Last edited:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
At 1-0 down and getting battered I chucked some stuff in the oven and went back to the TV.

Three hours later I got back to my flat only to find the fire brigade and half my kitchen burnt.

I was so smashed I went straight for the burgers hoping they were still around.

Delano

I was 7 years old and sat watching the game in the front room by myself. Before the first corner I was on the verge of tears and my Mum came in and said "They'll score 2, don't worry, they always do this"...

2 Goals later and I'm running around my street cheering. 2 hours later and I'm wondering if my Mums a witch.

Reactions: SteveJ

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ran around the house when Teddy scored, came into the living room just as the second corner was being taken. Went around screaming again in utter disbelief.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
That winning goal still gives me tingles EVERY time I watch it still to this day. It’s like my body remembers it.

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
I still have the Sun newspaper my mum bought for me the next morning with Utd on the front cover.

What a feeling.

Kostov

It was my 6th birthday, and I watched it with my grandpa, all I remember was him screaming in disbelief of what happened. It was probably the day I became a United fan. Feck I got old.

Sir Scott McToMinay

Anyone who was supporting United at the time, this is the peak, it’ll never be this good again, feck we are so incredibly lucky to experience it, can’t imagine the CL will be ever won like this again.

It was pure ecstasy, without the comedown.

madzo2007

This came up on my twitter feed today, its a video from the dad of the young Alex Nield (the young disabled lad who goes to every game and you regularly see him photographed with the players after) which captures those 10 days in 1999 from a fans point of view. A good watch in my opinion

Champagne Football

The Premier League was so far behind the level of the European elite in the Champions League in those days, that Ole's goal was a real fairytale landmark moment.

To be honest without Keane and Scholes, I thought Utd would get hammered that night, and Bayern were a different level to Utd, but the spirit built by Fergie is what won that game.

I was 20 years old and got very very drunk that night.