2009 Baseball Season

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Damon is out now... pulled calf muscle... Yanks better win this tonight or they're running out of outfielders. And Damon is so crucial as the leadoff hitter.

nyrfan818

Damon is out now... pulled calf muscle... Yanks better win this tonight or they're running out of outfielders. And Damon is so crucial as the leadoff hitter.
You mean the #2 hitter? ;) Sucks though, as he's been quite good this series.

I think Pettitte is looking just fine, personally.

nyrfan818

Where's the consistency ump? Same one you called Arod out on there.. No matter, we got out of it.

Alex

Break out the champagne baby, I can feel it 5-1 good guys 2 on no outs

F-Red

That's true too, but it's usually that way for all teams, especially my Sox.

But this, is insane...
I wouldn't know much about the post season :p

But yeah, funny how they all come out of the woodwork, all lacking some form of connection to New York ;)

Alex

Well that was a great outing by Philies pitcher Durban who has an ERA of around infinti

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Chris Searl To the real, respectable Yankee fans who didn't just pop up and start being a fan this October, my congrats... all 4 of you
6 minutes ago · Comment · Like
And as I type that, Godzilla hit RBI's 5 and 6... unreal.

nyrfan818

Matsui just clinched World Series MVP there barring a crazy Phillies comeback

MrMarcello

What's your point AS? I picked the Yanks from the get go and only F-Red and myself had posted tonight. Where are all these Yankee fans popping up today?

Alex

AS is just a bit bitter because he is a Sox fan, and well the Red Sox probably arent gonna win another for a long time

nyrfan818

I think they are gonna keep Damon and replace Matsui with Holliday
Please no Holliday.. he's not that good imo. But yea, I think the Yankees will go for Damon. Wonder what Matsui does if we don't sign him. It would be really weird to imagine him with another team.

Leg-End

Would be a shame, I always have like Matsui and after tonight hopefully they see enough to sign.

As for Yanks popping up, ok I just popped up but I am watching this dual screened whilst I actually do some Uni work I suddenly felt in the mood to do.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
What's your point AS? I picked the Yanks from the get go and only F-Red and myself had posted tonight. Where are all these Yankee fans popping up today?
That was my Facebook status, actually, i'm not picking a fight at all... don't be so uptight.

AS is just a bit bitter because he is a Sox fan, and well the Red Sox probably arent gonna win another for a long time
Not bitter at all, just not looking forward to these "lifelong" Yankee fans giving me shit for the next 5 months

nyrfan818

Would be a shame, I always have like Matsui and after tonight hopefully they see enough to sign.

As for Yanks popping up, ok I just popped up but I am watching this dual screened whilst I actually do some Uni work I suddenly felt in the mood to do.
Hard not to like Matsui. Consummate professional and a very good player. He's still got plenty in the tank offensively. Just have to wonder if his legs would permit him to play some outfield once in awhile. It's tough to have a player who is strictly a DH.

Leg-End

Yeah the issue is his knees, opening that DH spot would benefit guys like A-Rod tremendously in the future.

Howard goes deep.

F-Red

:lol: i was just about to write "How bad has Ryan Howard been in this World Series" and then he pops up with a homer!

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Hard not to like Matsui. Consummate professional and a very good player. He's still got plenty in the tank offensively. Just have to wonder if his legs would permit him to play some outfield once in awhile. It's tough to have a player who is strictly a DH.
I was gonna save this conversation for next years thread but I might as well.

Envy is the word: You have Matsui and Damon, You have the bucks to get Bay or Holliday.

Oh look, Ryan Howard woke up in Game 6

nyrfan818

That was my Facebook status, actually, i'm not picking a fight at all... don't be so uptight.

Not bitter at all, just not looking forward to these "lifelong" Yankee fans giving me shit for the next 5 months
To be fair, it's not only Yankees fans that are like that. When the Red Sox finally won the WS, I saw more Red Sox fans in NJ in one month then I had seen in my entire life.

Pretty good performance on three days rest from Andy as I thought it would be. Hope it's not the last time we see Andy pitching..

MrMarcello

Curious if you complained about the "lifelong" Red Sox and White Sox fans that popped up after WS wins.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
To be fair, it's not only Yankees fans that are like that. When the Red Sox finally won the WS, I saw more Red Sox fans in NJ in one month then I had seen in my entire life.
We didn't get the full effect here because we went down in 2004, but after the parade and we came home, my jesus there were so many Sox fans.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Every analyst and journalist seems to think Matsui will join Ichiro in Seattle.

Perhaps the Yanks should consider Carl Crawford since he's 28 and might blossom in NYC.

2010 MLB Free Agents: MLB Rumors - MLBTradeRumors.com
Matsui will go to Seattle if he's a FA, that's a give in... if not, the Jays are rumored

Crawford will have to opt out does he not?

And I'm quite pleased someone else in this world with sense knows about MLBTR

Curious if you complained about the "lifelong" Red Sox and White Sox fans that popped up after WS wins.
It disgusts me in any context, although I didn't see many White Sox fans... just alot of Cubs fans obituaries

MrMarcello

Imagine all the Cubs fans that would come out from under rocks. The press would be worse than the jizzing of Arsenal and the fan boom would be akin to Chelsea.

Anderson Searl

Reserve Team Player
Imagine all the Cubs fans that would come out from under rocks. The press would be worse than the jizzing of Arsenal and the fan boom would be akin to Chelsea.
True story: Billy Corgan of the Smashing Pumpkins wrote a fictional book about Post-Cubs World Series Chicago that he will release whenever they win the World Series.

I remember the quote that stood out: "If it never happens while i'm alive, then you better be damn sure someone will hold onto this."

Alex

feck, forgot the season started in October, feck