2015/2016 Fixtures Announced

rover

we are going to play most of the top 10 clubs within the first 10 games. so hopefully we can have a quick start by the coming season. not a bad schedule in general

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Kindest set of fixtures in a while. You can talk about winning the league with that. Unlike all those difficult aways Liverpool have been given at the start of the season to destroy all momentum. LOL.

Clas Sified

Maybe a tad too optimistic and premature, but I reckon we'll go unbeaten till the first Arsenal game.

Angelinho

Some tough opponents in those first ten PL fixtures, which underlines the importance of getting our transfer business done early.

ChrisNelson

On paper looks comfortable but that's never the reality as most of those clubs will be in the relegation fight and scrapping for their lives. If anything that run in looks tricky.
But on the flip side, hopefully we will be chasing the title therefore have plenty to play for ourselves. I'd rather go Leicester-Norwich-Bournemouth than Chelsea-City-Arsenal!!

PvsNP

Chelsea fixture around Christmas and New Year's Eve? FFS. Stoke away before that as well.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
got it all nicely mapped onto a spreadsheet, against my other boys Wycombe, and against some of my other commitments.
Now eagerly awaiting the tv moves to make some sort of sense to it...when are they out, come on!

devil in me

got it all nicely mapped onto a spreadsheet, against my other boys Wycombe, and against some of my other commitments.
Now eagerly awaiting the tv moves to make some sort of sense to it...when are they out, come on!
We are gonna be left to wait until stupidly late in the Summer until SKy and BT sort all their scheduling out. It happens every season, its a joke and no regard for fans making arrangements. Not even your spreadsheet will have them rushing!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We are gonna be left to wait until stupidly late in the Summer until SKy and BT sort all their scheduling out. It happens every season, its a joke and no regard for fans making arrangements. Not even your spreadsheet will have them rushing!
If I point out that Wycombe have a home game v York on the opening day, so can the Tottenham game move to Sunday just for my benefit, they'll likely move it right?

devil in me

If I point out that Wycombe have a home game v York on the opening day, so can the Tottenham game move to Sunday just for my benefit, they'll likely move it right?
Haha oh absolutely!! Sky are all about the fans!! Having said that , I would say that Spurs is guarenteed a Super Sunday.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Haha oh absolutely!! Sky are all about the fans!! Having said that , I would say that Spurs is guarenteed a Super Sunday.
Hope you're right mate.
As it stands, 13 United games are clashes with Wycombe Homes. But 5-6 of those will surely move.
Am a bit gutted actually, Wycombe were 20secs off winning the play off final last year, and if you look at League 1 this year, it'll have a huge northern element. The chance of a Wycombe up north/United double header would have had countless chances to come off....

alas, we bottled it, and the 2 or 3 north east aways don't fit in :p

JamesB__

Supports
Stoke City
Shame you'll get a Boxing Day arse kicking lads.:p

devil in me

Hope you're right mate.
As it stands, 13 United games are clashes with Wycombe Homes. But 5-6 of those will surely move.
Am a bit gutted actually, Wycombe were 20secs off winning the play off final last year, and if you look at League 1 this year, it'll have a huge northern element. The chance of a Wycombe up north/United double header would have had countless chances to come off....

alas, we bottled it, and the 2 or 3 north east aways don't fit in :p
I know, I watched it!! Absolutely gutting!! I would say at least 5-6 will move, probably more like 9 or 10.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I know, I watched it!! Absolutely gutting!! I would say at least 5-6 will move, probably more like 9 or 10.
hope so. Try and get up for 8-9 games a season. Which I think is a decent effort, when I watch another team, and live 180miles away. Not to mention being a bit of a runner, trying to fit 60+ miles a week in. So those long drives don't help :lol:

See you're in Hereford. Have a soft spot for Hereford United, just through the sheer lotto that I was there for the opening game of 94/95. Hereford 4 Barnet 1. A game notable for Hereford's keeper scoring! And Maik Taylor (latterly Fulham and Birmingham) making his league debut.

hope Hereford can sort themselves out and get back to the league where they belong. Well, in fact just get playing again first!!

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Loving that run in. Especially compared to the season just gone's :lol:

devil in me

hope so. Try and get up for 8-9 games a season. Which I think is a decent effort, when I watch another team, and live 180miles away. Not to mention being a bit of a runner, trying to fit 60+ miles a week in. So those long drives don't help :lol:

See you're in Hereford. Have a soft spot for Hereford United, just through the sheer lotto that I was there for the opening game of 94/95. Hereford 4 Barnet 1. A game notable for Hereford's keeper scoring! And Maik Taylor (latterly Fulham and Birmingham) making his league debut.

hope Hereford can sort themselves out and get back to the league where they belong. Well, in fact just get playing again first!!
That is random! They're playing again this season, 4 leagues below the bloody conference but at least there's a club and they can start again. Another lower league club ruined by idiots - but that's for another discussion as don't want to derail this thread!
As for the TV fixtures being released for United, I seem to remember it being mid July last season!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Ahh. A sensible thread. Half decent start. V important to get a few points on board pronto.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
Wouldn't be surprised if it's actually a 1245 sat kick off on bt sport. Kick off the season with the biggest game of weekend

devil in me

Wouldn't be surprised if it's actually a 1245 sat kick off on bt sport. Kick off the season with the biggest game of weekend
I was thinking that's a possibility but I believe sky have first pick whereas sat mornings are BT sport. Could be totally wrong mind.

Dracula

caf plane air-master
I was thinking that's a possibility but I believe sky have first pick whereas sat mornings are BT sport. Could be totally wrong mind.
It's not first pick, its 'types' of games that are in certain 'bands'. Bt sport always used to have utd v spurs which i think is one of the 'c' games which they would play sat evening. Last season i think bt got the 'b' games (sat morning) which is why we were on Sky last year v spurs, so we probably will be on Sunday.

Am sure there's a better technical explanation out there

devil in me

It's not first pick, its 'types' of games that are in certain 'bands'. Bt sport always used to have utd v spurs which i think is one of the 'c' games which they would play sat evening. Last season i think bt got the 'b' games (sat morning) which is why we were on Sky last year v spurs, so we probably will be on Sunday.

Am sure there's a better technical explanation out there
Ah fair enough. I'll just wait and see I think instead of trying to guess it all!

LilRicky

October is our key period it seems, mixing in the CL fixtures (if we qualify) we'll have to keep getting points to remain in the chase.