2017 Confederations Cup

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I didn't even know they were looking at the goal. We don't know what they're looking at when they come to their decision. It needs to be clearer imo.

Otherwise, I hate to admit it, but it takes something away from the game for me..

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
I like the idea of the video ref but I don't like the way it's currently being implemented. Hopefully FIFA/IFAB see this tournament as a learning experience and refine the process.

NoLogo

Im biased, so my opinion shouldnt be taken seriously

To me vargas was on side, what you guys think? Surely this technology wont end controversy by the looks of it
It absolutely won't end it. Especially since the pundits are already discussing how much you really have to be in front of the the defender for it to be offside.

Imo it was offside though, even just very slightly but that's the kind of precision you will only get with a video ref and yeah they will probably still make mistakes, even with a video ref.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Very glad to see the video ref in action. It's a bit hard to get used to, but it's definitely needed.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
They should have done rules about this var shit, first was Portugal first goal they when back to another play to call offside and should only be the play when scored and on this case the Chilean feet wasn't outside, they call offside if a player has his hand/arm offside? Why we can't see the same replay they do?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Im biased, so my opinion shouldnt be taken seriously

To me vargas was on side, what you guys think? Surely this technology wont end controversy by the looks of it
It's offside. The angle showed on TV makes it very tough to tell though.

With VAR you can only celebrate goals one minute after the ball hits the back of the net

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Not yet i think, but Serie A yes
Bundesliga and Portugal will implement this also, we need to get used to this, of course it cuts a little bit the emotion when players are celebrating the goal, but tbf the 2 decisions today against Mexico looked ok to me.

Carolina Red

Staff
They showed it at halftime on FoxSports with the superimposed offside line. He's definitely off. Video replay served its purpose whether people liked the delay or not.

Hed Zitin

VAR isn't right for football. Ruins goal celebrations. The crowds may as well wait for the refs confirmation before celebrating. The refs will inevitably start more and more relying on VAR before making a decision. They will use it as a crutch.

Tennis's challenge system is the way to go.

I watch ice hockey and video refs screw up decisions all the time.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
They showed it at halftime on FoxSports with the superimposed offside line. He's definitely off. Video replay served its purpose whether people liked the delay or not.
We are not used to this, but tbh I think the decisions on the 2 matches were ok today, imagine if Portugal scored that goal against Mexico what would be said today.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
VAR isn't right for football. Ruins goal celebrations. The crowds may as well wait for the refs confirmation before celebrating. The refs will inevitably start more and more relying on VAR before making a decision. They will use it as a crutch.

Tennis's challenge system is the way to go.

I watch ice hockey and video refs screw up decisions all the time.
This. Its totally wank and agains the spirit of the sport totally.

To me VAR should be used only against negative decisions for example a legitimate goal disallowed for a bad linesman decision...

Bah! Im just fuming because my NT got the decision against. Probably id be all for it if i was a neutral

Arthur Friedenreich

Man..imagine you score in the world cup final but need to hold on the celebration because some Fifa's clown need to check the video.
Absurd. Pathetic.

Scorpy

Absolutely crapping it and loving it!
Agreed. Making the right decision is the most important thing. The constant referee mistakes are ruining way too many games and if this is the way to stop it - I'm all for it.

Nick7

Was a fine decision. VAR is a great step forward for the game. You all will still get to argue the decisions even when proven wrong.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Man..imagine you score in the world cup final but need to hold on the celebration because some Fifa's clown need to check the video.
Absurd. Pathetic.
What, would you like more to suffer offside goals, just because you like to see the celebrations?

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It seems like this thread is full of celebrations being prioritized over correct decisions
I speak for myself, we had a goal disallowed against Mexico and it was the right decision, nothing to complain, the worst was the coach not the VAR.:lol:

Mystry

Friendship is magic
I've only seen that dissallowed Chile goal but VAR worked fine there. Would help if whoever is broadcasting the game showed tight offsides with the line because I thought they fecked up initially.