2017 Confederations Cup

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
He's American. Hence, his obvious attempt to avoid answering where he's from. :p
Ah, ok, now I know why sometimes he says those things, hopefully nothing to do with Donald.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
:lol: that escalated.
Very tolerant indeed, I received the Glaston portuguese version award of the year, you were the first to see, don't tell nothing. :lol:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Unless you make 1970 + 12 = 1982 = World Champion, guess who were the finalists.
1970 lost 1982 Won 1994 lost 2006 Won 2018 lost

We won't lose to germany, so they can't be favourites

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
1970 lost 1982 Won 1994 lost 2006 Won 2018 lost

We won't lose to germany, so they can't be favourites
Ok, forgot to make all the sums, but a place in the final is guaranteed.:D

MullerUtd

Calm down, unless you are very sensitive, no problem at all, unless of course you come with the type of posts of the other day, and no intention of becoming the Portuguese Glaston, xenophobic is out of touch here mate, unless you think I am the portuguese version of Farage. :lol:
Nah mate, I'm hardly sensitive at all, apologies if my posts offended you the other day, I don't mean to be arrogant, it was just in retort to you earlier post calling me out for being naive and I sense a tinge of sarcasm from you as well so I'm just giving you a little payback. :lol: And I was stating facts anyway, Portugal won the Euros last year, finishing 3rd in the group stage when under any other sporting events, they wouldn't even make it to the next round. Anyway I'm done with this topic.

I just think that you are being a little personal. Anyway if you insist to know my nationality, I actually have a dual nationality. I'm half English and half German. Muller is actually my surname and my dad is German and mum's English, I'm born in Germany, lived there for 5 years and moved to England after that and spent all my life there. I consider myself more English than German though and I don't like to be labelled so I try not to reveal my nationality.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You lost at the European Cup last year :nono:
Our worst team ever in a tournament, and you still needed penalties, and the guys who missed their for us were ZAZA and PELLÉ

Let's just say, i'm confident the 2018 team will actually be good. Hence why you won't beat us

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Our worst team ever in a tournament, and you still needed penalties, and the guys who missed their for us were ZAZA and PELLÉ

Let's just say, i'm confident the 2018 team will actually be good. Hence why you won't beat us
We'll just have Spain take care of you then. :p

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
Actually I think Chile is not at the same level they were under Sampaoli imo.
Yeah, I was expecting more of them as a team. Not that they play bad but I honestly thought they could beat this Germany side, oh well hope they can make it to World Cup. Don't know how they stand right now in their qualifiers but if they get a good CF or at least get better at finishing their chances they could have a good World Cup.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We'll just have Spain take care of you then. :p
WC final is Brazil-Italy every 24 years

It's like, a law of the universe or something. Immutable

I didn't make it, so don't look at me like that

MullerUtd

He's American. Hence, his obvious attempt to avoid answering where he's from. :p
Interestingly, I have had posters from other forums thinking I'm American. I'm not though, but I spent a significant no of years at MIT doing my Bachelors and MBA.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München

As a scientist, I laugh at nature's laws! We'll just have to come up with a suitably convoluted and complicated sounding alternative theory then, to explain a different trend where Italy won't reach the final or it will be possible for them to lose to Germany. Science!

SfcNervion

Supports
Sevilla FC
Another day, another title for Germany. Any other country it is due for celebration and a deserved break from work. But I bet in Germany they call it: "A regular Sunday evening".

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Nah mate, I'm hardly sensitive at all, apologies if my posts offended you the other day, I don't mean to be arrogant, it was just in retort to you earlier post calling me out for being naive and I sense a tinge of sarcasm from you as well so I'm just giving you a little payback. :lol: And I was stating facts anyway, Portugal won the Euros last year, finishing 3rd in the group stage when under any other sporting events, they wouldn't even make it to the next round. Anyway I'm done with this topic.

I just think that you are being a little personal. Anyway if you insist to know my nationality, I actually have a dual nationality. I'm half English and half German. Muller is actually my surname and my dad is German and mum's English, I'm born in Germany, lived there for 5 years and moved to England after that and spent all my life there. I consider myself more English than German though and I don't like to be labelled so I try not to reveal my nationality.
Pff, I was getting worried, thought you were Farage or Trump alter ego :lol:

No problem at all, I am the first to make critics to Santos and a lot of people do the same in Portugal, but he manages to get some results.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
As a scientist, I laugh at nature's laws! We'll just have to come up with a suitably convoluted and complicated sounding alternative theory then, to explain a different trend where Italy won't reach the final or it will be possible for them to lose to Germany. Science!
What we need here, is for Science! To discover/invent Magic!

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, I was expecting more of them as a team. Not that they play bad but I honestly thought they could beat this Germany side, oh well hope they can make it to World Cup. Don't know how they stand right now in their qualifiers but if they get a good CF or at least get better at finishing their chances they could have a good World Cup.
Like I said before, beside Brasil and Argentina I expect more from Colombia or Uruguay next WC lets see.
Yes, sadly, so is the fact we're gonna lose

To Brazil
If the tradition remains the same, I am sorry to say this to you, but I rate more Tite than Ventura, but hey, Sacchi was better than Parreira and they won, maybe this time is different.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's going to be Portugal v Argentina and the Ronaldo v Messi thread will cause the internet to collapse upon itself.

or not

gulli_G

Source:

@Cnyari: Long-term vision and planning have gotten Germany where they are today, a vast pool of talented and motivated young players. #ConfedCup

OutlawGER

Supports
Bayern München, 1. FC Köln

Germany was the first european WC champion on south american ground. Germany went through against Italy last year. Real Madrid defended the Champions League. All laws are gone. Italy won't make the final. :P

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
So, Germany goes there with the 2nd team and win the whole thing. Does that make them big favorites for Russia 2018 or what?
Germany is never favourite for any tournament. Watch us lose every friendly until the WC now. It's how we do it every 2 years and for some odd reason, it convinces everyone that we're shit. Even ourselves. Mark my words. :)

Confed cup broke the circle somewhat, but I think it's just that Loew kinda forgot to tell them they're not supposed to blow the cover early...

Last edited:

Blackwidow

Germany is never favourite for any tournament. Watch us lose every friendly until the WC now. It's how we do it every 2 years and for some odd reason, it convinces everyone that we're shit. Even ourselves. Mark my words. :)

Confed cup broke the circle somewhat, but I think it's just that Loew kinda forgot to tell them they're not supposed to blow the cover early...
We play friendlies against Spain and Brazil in March. Time to lose them... :cool:
There is no friendly with England to give them some hope... :D

Barcelona mixing up flags...

Fenomeno9

We play friendlies against Spain and Brazil in March. Time to lose them... :cool:
There is no friendly with England to give them some hope... :D

Barcelona mixing up flags...
I said to a couple of my fellow Brazilians that Brazil should draw no conclusions from the Germany friendly in March as they give 2 sh*ts about them. Hence why Argentina always beats them in friendlies but lose to Germany when it counts.

Last edited:

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
I said to a couple of my fellow Brazilians that Brazil should draw no conclusions from the Germany friendly in March as they give 2 sh*ts about them. Hence why Argentina always beats them in friendlies but lose to Germany when it counts.
Except Mexico... :(

Red1968

Great tournament overall, the last few Confed cups have been excellent however the final here was disappointing. The second the Germans scored first and so early you just knew they would play great defense and try to close down Chile. The Chileans did have a ton of chances and their finishing was abysmal. Germany's depth is unbelievable and the fact that the B team and kids can beat some of the world's best is impressive.

Blackwidow

This time it was Medel who tried to cave-explore Can in the final, wasn't it?
I have not caught that. Just know about that Cavani incident and cannot stand Jara because of former matches against Mainz in which the referee did not act.