2017 Pre Season | Barcelona vs Manchester United

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
There's not been one instance of our defence shutting down their front 3. Seems disjointed and nobody knows what they should be doing. Slightly irritating but there is still time to gel.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Both our fullbacks have had horrible first 30 minutes.

AXVnee7

Blind at fault, but Valencia should've done better there.

I want the Rojo Bailly partnership back :(

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Him gifting the ball to one of their players to create the counter? Imagine that.
If you lose the ball in the final third you're not at fault for a goal at the other end. Feck me should we go back to Van Gaal safety first football.

lysglimt

Scout
Our defence and Carrick have been terrible so far. Poor poor goal to consider.
Smalling has done quite well. But when our midfielders leave our defenders 3 on 3 with Suarez, Messi and Neymar...any team will struggle

klayton88

Just waiting for Blind to wave back to the Mexcian wave as he clearly isn't watching what's happening on the pitch.

van Nistelrooy

Valencia showing his true ability with conceding that goal. I just don't understand the praise we give him, season after season.

Our standards are far from what they used to be.

Reactions: SteveJ

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
Our fullbacks is what will hold us back this season, letting City have their pick of them will be something we'll regret down the line I fear.

bubbles_

Blind looks like he's in the wrong team. Everyone is speed, strength, height, power then you see Blind trotting around at LB. It's not working

SirAnderson

If you lose the ball in the final third you're not at fault for a goal at the other end. Feck me should we go back to Van Gaal safety first football.
My blame is not on the goal but at how cheaply he gave it away, and has been so poor going forward. Valencia is at fault for the goal, but presenting them that counter attack for me is on Blind. But anyway, lets move on.

shabadu84

Mint? Berry?
Blind wasting opportunities they're giving him but in general they're just better than us. That said, can't complain much about our play in general for the first 25mins. Lukaku needs to be more involved than just as a target from deep

luke511

fecks sake haha, takes about 3 minutes to get the ball back every time we give it away!

AXVnee7

Valencia showing his true ability with conceding that goal. I just don't understand the praise we give him, season after season.

?

Valencia was one of our best and consistent performers last season. This was just one mistake, where he was caught off balance.

Does one mistake in preseason cancel everything from last year?

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Blind, you can't make a 10 yard pass along the ground, what hope have you got of hitting a 50 yard lofted through ball?

R'hllor

So we have Blind as LB who isnt really a LB and then on that side he has Lingard in front who wasnt on left wing twice for this half, Lingard roams around like there is no tomorrow...while Rashford covers Valencia on right, balanced as feck

beergod

This almost feels like Jose is making it obvious that we are incredibly lightweight in midfield without Herrera.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Blind is Utd's danger man this half. Can he not spot his team mates?

Zexstream

Anti-anti-racist
Whats with giving the ball away all the time?

Get ball kick and hope?

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Smalling is having a good game, something I don't usually say about him.
They're miles better than us in truth.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout

Defence is unorganised, but lack of technique/ability is glaring here. Yet people still blame Jose or want every single player to be given 8 seasons to come good

WhoDaGOAT

Aleñá has impressed.

We've been poor. They are retaining possession for fun.