2017 Pre Season | Barcelona vs Manchester United

Pavl3n

Not too sure. To me it sounded more like he said "he can't score a goal if he gives an interview" – makes a little more sense since Lingard actually did score last time out… and didn't miss a penalty either, since he didn't take one.
No mate, listen to it again. He's giving him a bit of hard time ;)
"He can not score a goal, he gives an interview" are his exact words.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Think we might see the 3-5-2 return tonight.

Can see us trying to take advantage of their weaker defence and smash them on the counter.
By Mourinho's reactive logic, should be the boring containment 4-3-3 again. Also, there aren't that much attacking players available.

Last edited:

AXVnee7

Be nice to round off our tour with a win, although should it happen then there's no shame in losing to Barca. I'm particularly interested (and hope) to see how we handle MSN. I see it as a useful, albeit incredibly dubious way to see how we might fare in Europe this season. I just hope we don't sit back and absorb pressure too much, but try to go toe-to-toe aswell. Barca has a lot of weaknesses and it'd just be interesting to see how our midfield especially stacks up. Our biggest strengths have to be Pogba, and our frightening pace.

Zlatattack

I predict smalling and Jones to play and look like world beaters. Fellaini and Lingard will dominate midfield. Then for the rest of the season these guys will return to normal service.

Brightonian

Be nice to round off our tour with a win, although should it happen then there's no shame in losing to Barca. I'm particularly interested (and hope) to see how we handle MSN. I see it as a useful, albeit incredibly dubious way to see how we might fare in Europe this season. I just hope we don't sit back and absorb pressure too much, but try to go toe-to-toe aswell. Barca has a lot of weaknesses and it'd just be interesting to see how our midfield especially stacks up. Our biggest strengths have to be Pogba, and our frightening pace.
You have to cut them off at the source, I think. That seems to be what 80% of teams who've had success against them since they put MSN together have done. Of course whether or not we can field Herrera makes a big difference to our ability to do that - he's surely the ultimate player for hassling an opposition midfield so they can't provide good enough service to their forwards. And if he's an injury doubt in any way he surely won't feature.

Canagel

Are we the 'home' side or away for this match? If we're away then I think we may see the third grey kit.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Are we the 'home' side or away for this match? If we're away then I think we may see the third grey kit.
United have confirmed that's the kit we'll be playing in tonight.

NYAS

Go on, win tonight in the 90 minutes and win the tournament. Van Gaal isn't better than you, Jose!

peridigm

Anyone else going tonight? Just found out I'm going
Almost bought tickets then decided against it since it's a work night and beltway traffic adds 3 hours during rushhour let alone a sporting event.

Plus I would have needed to sell a kidney to have the funds.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Good team from Barca. Happy with that. We need to play against the best at this stage.

Bwuk

Would love a midfield of Pereira, Pogba and Herrera. For the first time in god knows we'd have as good a midfield as them.

vic090482

Does anybody have a stream, please PM me? They are not broadcasting this match in Netherlands so need to watch it online

Canagel

Would love a midfield of Pereira, Pogba and Herrera. For the first time in god knows we'd have as good a midfield as them.
Herrera is out with injury. Will be back for the game in Norway with Mata according to Jose. That's definitely our best midfield right now. I hope to see it soon.

Brightonian

Pretty sure Herrera's not back till Valerenga. Still, how crazy is that? On paper, you're absolutely right, that would be the better of the two midfields.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
Looks like a 4-2-3-1, but could be 3-5-2.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Reckon that lineup will be close to the starting lineup for the super cup.