2020 Champions League Final - Bayern Munich vs PSG (free on BT/YoutubeUK) - LIVE - Bayern 1-0 PSG as predicted by voters (79.4%)

Who will win

• Prefer Bayern but think PSG will win

Votes: 84 12.6%
  • Prefer Bayern and think they will win

Votes: 461 69.2%
  • Prefer PSG but think Bayern will win

Votes: 83 12.5%
  • Prefer PSG and think they will win

Votes: 38 5.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Would love Bayern to be the better team then lose to a shady penalty call by the VAR or something like this. But PSG winning by 3+ goals would also be great. Actually, every win by PSG would be fine by me.

Fear Bayern's better though.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I read an extended interview with Alaba today in the Austrian press, with him saying that at the moment Bayern do not really care too much about how their opponents play and just do their thing.
However, I don’t think that Flick is so naive and arrogant to just go with this „Mia san mia“ mentality today.
If they keep pressing so high and leave that kind of space it might turn out to be suicidal. Paris have so much quality on the ball to bypass the press even if they are under massive pressure, and they got even more pace than Lyon.
In a way the game against Lyon might have been the perfect warning and preparation for Bayern.

I for one am looking forward to the game tonight and I really do not care who will win it. Just hoping that we will see United in the final in a few years!

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

There's been a lot of talk about protagonists whether that's Mbappe and Neymar for PSG, or Lewandowski for Bayern. I wouldn't be surprised if Di Maria, Muller, or a defender receives MOTM.

Edit - Also surprised that a German source gave a draw for Davies and Bernat, and gave Marquinhos points over Thiago.
Müller against Herrera seems just about right as comparison

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
:D

(You are correct btw)
He isn't. If PSG win today, they will be considered best team in the world. Who'd want to leave such a team for some project still hinging on soon to be retired heroes from the past like Ramos?

Lynty

Our boy Herrera to get the winner please, so I can dig up all the negative comments in his old performance thread.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He isn't. If PSG win today, they will be considered best team in the world. Who'd want to leave such a team for some project still hinging on soon to be retired heroes from the past like Ramos?
The reason is that the French is not the most exciting league.

In Spain, there are always 6 or 7 excellent teams. In France, it's between 1 and 3 depending the season.

He is a great talent because he is extremely ambitious and looking for new challenges.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
You’re not considered the best team in the world if you beat Bayern in a one-off game after beating the likes of Atalanta and Leipzig to get there, fecking hell.

Traub

Replace PSG with Man United and Ramos with Raul, and the same could've been said about Ronaldo in 2008. Madrid will come back sooner or later, and why wouldn't he want to spearhead that?

Also this:
You’re not considered the best team in the world if you beat Bayern in a one-off game after beating the likes of Atalanta and Leipzig to get there, fecking hell.

BBRBB

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well, there aren't many other good candidates.

klsv

Bayern to win 1-0. Neymar with an own goal after he dives in his own box during Bayern's corner and flicks it in with his ass.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Nobody cares. What matters for PSG is the trophy.

Makelele

PSG is pretty much the worst team that Bayern can face imo. If both teams stick to the way they usually play, I predict that PSG will absolutely destroy Bayern. However, since it is a final you have to expect some pragmatism from the Bayern coach and players. Despite that I believe the combination of the world class ball handling in tight spaces by Neymar and the speed of Mbappe, Di Maria and more will be too much for Bayern. Simply to many strings for PSG to play on that hit on Bayerns weaknesses specifically.

RashyForPM

Strangely changed my mind to thinking that PSG will win now. I was even arguing in the week that Bayern’s high line will suffocate the Parisians, but now I suddenly feel that Neymar and Mbappe will cut Bayern apart.

3-2 PSG.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
PSG is pretty much the worst team that Bayern can face imo. If both teams stick to the way they usually play, I predict that PSG will absolutely destroy Bayern. However, since it is a final you have to expect some pragmatism from the Bayern coach and players. Despite that I believe the combination of the world class ball handling in tight spaces by Neymar and the speed of Mbappe, Di Maria and more will be too much for Bayern. Simply to many strings for PSG to play on that hit on Bayerns weaknesses specifically.
Yeah, the tactical aspect will be very important. Tuchel vs Flick will be very interesting. This duel is sort of overshadowed because both teams have so many star players, but those two coaches are very, very good tacticians.

Sied

I..erm..love U2, baby?
Can we stream this through BT's website for free or do you need to have sky?

Jesse > Messi

Time for the new money to come of age. The Mbappe and Neymar show it’s got to be tonight. Still got to hate the Qatari sport washing cnuts but think it’s time for them to stand up and be counted

Xaviesta

Supports
Barcelona
I think Bayern will win a high scoring final. Bayern 4, PSG 2 is my prediction.

Last edited:

Yagami

Good post resistant
Biggest meh final in a while, I think.
The opposite for me.

I haven't looked forward to a CL final as much as this one since our last one in 2011. Since that one, I've only watched two of the finals - last years and Bayern-Dortmund.

neilptnms

Isn't this virtually the same Bayern team that Liverpool took apart in the second leg last season? If so, then if Bayern don't have a plan B then I suspect PSG will cut them to pieces... hope it's close and an entertaining game though, we could all do with cheering up in these dark times?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nobody cares. What matters for PSG is the trophy.
Err, obviously people care since they’re discussing it on here.

And obviously the PSG players couldn’t care less, yes.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Think the winner will definitely be adressed the best in the world in general. It's just common practice to do so with the CL winner.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I think @carvajal and @giorno should support Mbappe because if he wins tonight, he won't renew his contract for sure.

He said he left Monaco because he starting to get bored after several years there.
Yes, today I'm going with PSG, I imagine you're very nervous :D
On Mbappé, couldn't happen the opposite?
They win and decide to stay and form a team for several Champions? (Imagine Di María 2014), but however if they lose he will get tired of failures in Champions?

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Think the winner will definitely be adressed the best in the world in general. It's just common practice to do so with the CL winner.
It’s not. Liverpool in 2005 were far from the best in the world. Chelsea neither when they won it. Real definitely wasn’t performing as the best team in the world over the course of those three seasons when they won it.

A knock out tournament, especially this one which haven’t been two-legged affairs, always involves an element of luck. A league table is much more representative than the CL winner usually is.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It’s not. Liverpool in 2005 were far from the best in the world. Chelsea neither when they won it. Real definitely wasn’t performing as the best team in the world over the course of those three seasons when they won it.

A knock out tournament, especially this one which haven’t been two-legged affairs, always involves an element of luck. A league table is much more representative than the CL winner usually is.
There'll obviously be people speaking against that and they definitely have a point but you can be dead sure that some news papers in the eventual winner's country will label them 'the best in the world' the next day. And the regular fans will adapt the narrative, especially when some time has passed, the next season is taking place and the memories of the previous final will be less present. Madrid was also by the way regarded the best team in the world although they fluked their last CL to a certain degree. It's just the way it is.

And also, if Bayern wins it there'll be the 8:2 as a presentation of strength speaking for them and PSG has arguably two of the world's best fivr players in their rows, arguably even the best one. Although you can't compare this CL with others, those are some strong arguments.

Blackwidow

Isn't this virtually the same Bayern team that Liverpool took apart in the second leg last season? If so, then if Bayern don't have a plan B then I suspect PSG will cut them to pieces... hope it's close and an entertaining game though, we could all do with cheering up in these dark times?
No. Müller and Kimmich were missing. And the different coach is a major addition...

Last edited:

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Strangely changed my mind to thinking that PSG will win now. I was even arguing in the week that Bayern’s high line will suffocate the Parisians, but now I suddenly feel that Neymar and Mbappe will cut Bayern apart.

3-2 PSG.
A couple of passes is what they need, and don't discount Di Maria as well

RashyForPM

A couple of passes is what they need, and don't discount Di Maria as well
Not mentioning the snake :wenger:

In all seriousness, him and Icardi too, along with Verratti’s passing and Herrera’s hassling.

Gonna be a seriously great game I think. Bayern have real weapons too, obviously.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Have a strange feeling that Neymar will have a special night.