2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It's as expected, no? Trump was going to gain with the first big batch and then the rest should be reasonably equal. At least that's what some analyst said a few hours ago. I haven't dreamt it, have I?
I think so, or at least that’s what the Nate’s and CNN have mentioned. I’m operating under the assumption that if Joe need AZ we are already fecked, so this is gravy.

InfiniteBoredom

It's as expected, no? Trump was going to gain with the first big batch and then the rest should be reasonably equal. At least that's what some analyst said a few hours ago. I haven't dreamt it, have I?
Yeah that is what we expected, hard to tell from a small sample though (about 7k votes), but encouraging nonetheless.

If Biden gets out of Maricopa with 30-40k votes, the maths isn’t there. Pima is the biggest left after that and it’s blue.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yes they do, it’s why we kiss them.
Anyways, as an aside since we are amongst Midwest friends, the absolute drunkest I have ever been was after a challenge of Bell’s Hopslam. 6-pack in 6 minutes. My god it almost led to a divorce.
Haha. Yeah Hopslam is some evil shit. For some reason it also has a tendency to give me a raging hangover if Im not careful. My proudest drunk moment was almost getting kicked out of a friend's home whose parents I was staying with the day after a wedding. They didn't have a lot of taste in beers but were nice enough to have bought a 24 pack or coors light. Being the trained college drinker I was back then me and a buddy finished the 24 in an ungodly fast amount of time. They were pissed we finished all the beer and didn't join them for a game of Uno.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors

L.O.L
:houllier: Its not a cult? Right?

Sorry in advance American posters, but your country is fecked. To be fair you seemingly have done the right thing here and voted that fat arsehole out of office, but the fact that he still got this amount of support after all that has happened is just utterly mind boggling.

What is even more mind boggling is how much support he has among these religious family value types. Could they be any more hypocritical?

Charlie Foley

:houllier: Its not a cult? Right?

Sorry in advance American posters, but your country is fecked. To be fair you seemingly have done the right thing here and voted that fat arsehole out of office, but the fact that he still got this amount of support after all that has happened is just utterly mind boggling.

What is even more mind boggling is how much support he has among these religious family value types. Could they be any more hypocritical?
There are so many cnuts here

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Haha. Yeah Hopslam is some evil shit. For some reason it also has a tendency to give me a raging hangover if Im not careful. My proudest drunk moment was almost getting kicked out of a friend's home whose parents I was staying with the day after a wedding. They didn't have a lot of taste in beers but were nice enough to have bought a 24 pack or coors light. Being the trained college drinker I was back then me and a buddy finished the 24 in an ungodly fast amount of time. They were pissed we finished all the beer and didn't join them for a game of Uno.
I don’t drink coors anymore, that family are almost nazis (seriously, check them out).

Hopslam is some evil shit. I am convinced it’s the honey. I brewed a Hopslam clone and it still fecked me up. I think the yeast are breaking down the honey into something evil since the rest of that beer is basically an APA.

Charlie Foley

I think he melted his brain by drinking too many Infowars protein shakes.

Fascist-communist? Its pretty impressive to be both tbh
Saddam Hussein? Hitchens always said he was a fascist who was obsessed("positively") with Stalin, best I can do :lol:

Siorac

So Georgia did not flip? And we must wait for PA.
Georgia still has around 15k votes to be counted, Biden needs 55-57% of those to flip it. He's been getting above 60% of the mail-in ballots so far.

InfiniteBoredom

So the DD’s latest update included the remainder of Forsyth and the little we’ve gotten from Clayton so far.

Should be just under 4000 left in Clayton. 12:1 is pretty brutal.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Georgia still has around 15k votes to be counted, Biden needs 55-57% of those to flip it. He's been getting above 60% of the mail-in ballots so far.
However there are military and overseas ballots to come in. Think I heard someone say these would lean Trump (at least the military ones). So he probably needs a higher %.

Having said that I think I also heard more generally that provisional ballots would lean Biden across the board?

Siorac

Also have we had any elected and significant republicans come out against what Trump said last night yet?
A few of them, sort of.

McCarthy, the House GOP leader, refused to take issue with Trump's dubious claims about voter fraud on Wednesday.
Asked about Trump sowing doubt in the election results, McCarthy said, "What the President wants to see is that every legal vote gets counted, and that's what we're walking through right now."
Mostly along these lines. A couple of less prominent Republicans, some of them retiring at the end of this term, called him out on it, told him to provide evidence if he has any and otherwise stop trying to undermine the process. And a lot of them, including Moscow Mitch, refused to comment.

RoadTrip

Traub

Biden is going to win a couple of these states by only a few thousand, so we’re definitely going to be seeing a lot of court cases.

RoadTrip

A few of them, sort of.

Mostly along these lines. A couple of less prominent Republicans, some of them retiring at the end of this term, called him out on it, told him to provide evidence if he has any and otherwise stop trying to undermine the process. And a lot of them, including Moscow Mitch, refused to comment.
Typical. Repulsive group of humans.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Just horrible. This is why Denald’s press conference last night was so concerning. In the same way radical Muslims bend the truth and then spit out bullshit which ends up convincing less educated/susceptible Muslims to potentially do a terrorist act, his words do the exact same thing for lunatics in his base support.
Charlottesville and then also Proud Boys beating up people at random on the streets, or allowing Erdogan goons to beat up Americans, or having folks forceably and with violence removed from his rallies, shootings at synagogues, attacks on the media, and, and... Well all of that should have been plenty of proof to make a lot more people refuse to vote for the guy. But here we are.

freeurmind

weak willed
All he needs is Nevada right? Why are Nevada taking so long, not that many people there?

RoadTrip

Biden is going to win a couple of these states by only a few thousand, so we’re definitely going to be seeing a lot of court cases.
I am hopeful the tightening in Arizona will slow down once they go into drop off ballots, which hopefully means he ends up winning by >10,000 at least which is relatively sizeable in context of legal challenge / recount.

Nevada I would expect the gap to widen as Clark comes in, which hopefully leads to a similar situation to Arizona.

PA I think if the outstanding count totals are accurate, will end up being a relatively wide gap between Biden and Trump.

Georgia, yeah that will be very tight I think.

Overall, regardless, Trump will initiate legal battles everywhere for sure and frankly in America, it wouldn’t surprise me if he somehow fudges it through. But generally, at least according to CNN, a five figure gap is typically unlikely to result in a successful challenge. Having said that, the Turtle and the Cheeto have been packing courts so...

RoadTrip

All he needs is Nevada right? Why are Nevada taking so long, not that many people there?
Nah Nevada alone doesn’t quite do it. He goes from 253 to 259.

I assume you’re going by AP/Fox totals which have called Arizona already, but I wouldn’t personally - Arizona is close enough to not yet safely bank those EVs, although it is still definitely more likely Biden takes it then not.

sport2793

I am hopeful the tightening in Arizona will slow down once they go into drop off ballots, which hopefully means he ends up winning by >10,000 at least which is relatively sizeable in context of legal challenge / recount.

Nevada I would expect the gap to widen as Clark comes in, which hopefully leads to a similar situation to Arizona.

PA I think if the outstanding count totals are accurate, will end up being a relatively wide gap between Biden and Trump.

Georgia, yeah that will be very tight I think.

Overall, regardless, Trump will initiate legal battles everywhere for sure and frankly in America, it wouldn’t surprise me if he somehow fudges it through. But generally, at least according to CNN, a five figure gap is typically unlikely to result in a successful challenge. Having said that, the Turtle and the Cheeto have been packing courts so...
I would say Clark County is more of a slam dunk than Maricopa at this point as Biden's margin will only expand in the former while his margin will drop further in the latter, although probably by not enough to affect the final result.

Siorac

However there are military and overseas ballots to come in. Think I heard someone say these would lean Trump (at least the military ones). So he probably needs a higher %.

Having said that I think I also heard more generally that provisional ballots would lean Biden across the board?
Well, I know the reliability of polls is... in doubt, to say the least, but worth noting that the latest Military Times poll among active-duty troops had Biden ahead of Trump by a few percent.

Even if they were wrong, military ballots are unlikely to be dominated by either candidate. I don't think they'll make much difference but we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.