2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudu

Thanks guys, suspected this would be the case. I guess the Checks and Balances built into the system are working as designed and preventing anything radical from happening. Just a pity it's for the worse in this case.

Would be interested to see whether Dems want/care about these things. D.C representation in the legislature especially should be an open and shut matter of principle, surely.

@mariachi-19 and @Hamnat - Apologies, quoted all the replies before I saw yours.
I'm definitely no expert, but there's still hope in the Senate isn't there?

Two run offs in Georgia. They should throw the kitchen sink at those with a shite tonne of money. Plus Biden influence as President elect?
And maybe, just maybe, a surprise seat from Alaska :wenger:

WPMUFC

Networks will call PA for Biden once he hits the lead, right? I cannot see how there is any other option.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
You are probably right, but one of their pundits was absolutely certain that Trump was going to be the nominee in four years, because, and I quote, 'the fact that he doesn't drink, means he is not going to change' :lol:
Don't think you can run from a prison cell...

Also had a philly cheese steak for dinner for my comrades voting blue!

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I'm definitely no expert, but there's still hope in the Senate isn't there?

Two run offs in Georgia. They should throw the kitchen sink at those with a shite tonne of money. Plus Biden influence as President elect?
And maybe, just maybe, a surprise seat from Alaska :wenger:
Money doesn't usually change anything.

Siorac

Networks will call PA for Biden once he hits the lead, right? I cannot see how there is any other option.
In both MI and WI they waited until it was absolutely certain. It'll be the same here, I expect.

WPMUFC

CNN: "Biden winning PA by 60k votes is a conservative estimate"

also CNN: "PA is the ball game"

they just want to call it.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Is there a chance that they could dump Trump? Good slogan that Dump Trump.
It’s already started. He will be much less risk to them if they let him get completely and utterly destroyed than if he stays as a pain in the neck criticising the GOP on Twitter for the rest of his life.

jeff_goldblum

What I find crazy in all this is that the Republican talking heads I've seen are condemning Trump for his statements but they still want him to win (were that possible legally). I don't see how they can know and admit that what he's said over the last few days are deranged, irresponsible and a threat to democracy, but still want the guy as President.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
What I find crazy in all this is that the Republican talking heads I've seen are condemning Trump for his statements but they still want him to win (were that possible legally). I don't see how they can know and admit that what he's said over the last few days are deranged, irresponsible and a threat to democracy, but still want the guy as President.
Party lines. They can't be seen to go against him and risk losing support, but refuse to acknowledge his rat feckery. When Lindsay fecking Graham is your biggest friend from established republican's, it says enough.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
They'd rather see the country burn than see it in the hands of Boogeyman Biden

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Just watched Trump's press conference ( or whatever the feck it was). The delusional level was off the charts. 4 years in his presidency and he still managed to out do himself. It was like he was describing Zimbabwe election or something. Bloody hell

JB7

Just because they disagree with their leaders comments they're not suddenly going to think the opposite end of the political spectrum is the way to go are they?

WPMUFC

Ooof Stepien caught on tape: "I invite democrats to waste ad money in Georgia, remember 2016, how did that go". Delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.