2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

littlepeasoup

CNN: "Biden winning PA by 60k votes is a conservative estimate.....but lets for the sake say Trump can hold PA."

URGH. Just verbal diarrhoea
24-hour news cycle, and right now they have no news. At least CNN has been fairly balanced in their coverage this election - you know, except calling Trump an orange turtle.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
Depends what happens in January now, all eyes again will be on Georgia for a Senate run off (2 seats in play) and I believe Maine has a seat in play too if Collins came under 50% otherwise it will be an Obama era Presidency thanks to Turtlehead Mitch purposely blocking everything which he admitted he already would do and then the Republican and Trumpers will say "Biden accomplished nothing" etc just again like they did for example with Obamacare which alot of provisions and reason why OC was the way it ended up being, were Republican led and Obama gets the blame for it.
Unless Mitch keels over

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Biden's saying "count every vote"
Trump's saying "count every legal vote"

If you asked most people which they prefer (without knowing who said what) most people would say the second

And the problem is, Trump's people only need to find one illegal vote for Biden (and I'm sure there will be) to support their argument
Stop being a doughnut

neverdie

Count every vote unless there is evidence they are illegal. There is zero evidence so far.

And again, it's worth mentioning over and over and over again: the right-wing, conservative-funded, Republican-supporting Heritage Foundation has a public, accessible database of all known instances of voter fraud going back to 1979. They found 1289 instances. In 40 years' worth of elections.

If you believe voter fraud in any way or form is a significant problem, I recommend the lottery. There's a much better chance of you winning that than American elections having voter fraud that significantly influences the outcome in any way.
After LBJ lost his first campaign for the senate he realised the republican senator had rigged the vote. Four years later LBJ had learned that he had to rig the vote in Texas in order to win. JFK also used the mob to help rig the vote but in modern times it's much more difficult. Voter fraud usually exists in the supression of votes instead of the addition and the republicans are king at voter suppression, so it's a nonsensical argument.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Cheers for the link, interesting read.

I find the US system, very confusing :houllier:
Yeah I got it wrong about House voting as its done by an unit as well. Should have read the article clearer! But yeah it's no longer possible.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff

If you asked most people which they prefer (without knowing who said what) most people would say the second

And the problem is, Trump's people only need to find one illegal vote for Biden (and I'm sure there will be) to support their argument
You are Trump's target gullible.

Djemba-Djemba

You clearly want Trump to win.

At least be honest

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Gah what the hell Pennsylvania, you're supposed to have ended this already.

Awesome in Georgia, the needle got it right in the end.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
CNN trying everything humanly possible to play the "what if game", tedious.
Yeah. At some point I just couldn't watch it anymore. Fox on the other hand have more or less fully accepted that Trump is going to lose the vote and switched their focus to the Republican objections. Leaving aside the obvious problem that a lot of their content is pushing straight up propaganda I prefee their approach. The conspiracy theories will dominate the next week anyway.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
If PA doesn’t turn blue in the next few hours it’ll be a third day wasted watching CNN say the same thing over and over and over and over again until that 2 minutes every 3 hours when something actually happened s.

WPMUFC

If PA doesn’t turn blue in the next few hours it’ll be a third day wasted watching CNN say the same thing over and over and over and over again until that 2 minutes every 3 hours when something actually happened s.
The only reason i'm even watching a live stream is because Cohn/Silver.Wasserman are asleep :lol: :boring:

muller

With you. I nearly stayed up last night when some of the votes started coming through.. so glad I didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.