2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

CNN continually asking "is X normal.....oh yes X is very normal" is fecking annoying. They are doing this because they are scared. The press is scared of their elected leader.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
CNN continually asking "is X normal.....oh yes X is very normal" is fecking annoying. They are doing this because they are scared. The press is scared of their elected leader.
Nah they’re just reinforcing the point that there’s nothing untoward going on because the Cheeto in Chief keeps claiming otherwise.

MTF

Interesting what the former republican lawyer said though, that statewide recounts are very rare and so states aren't often capable of doing them before the time results must be certified. And then GA will have the two Senate runoffs to handle at the same time.

Siorac

I think they just want to hammer it home that this is nothing unusual, no shenanigans are going on, no need to be worried... it'd be understandable even if a deranged lunatic wasn't inciting his intellectually challenged followers to chant words they only half understand.

But honestly, the crucial takeaway is that this should NOT be normal. Like, I understand that for this current election it is, and I understand the reasons - but there is no reason an election should take a week. There are countless examples all over the world of doing it better than this.

And I'm not even talking about the Electoral College, thanks to which the world is waiting with bated breath, for the fourth day in a row, to see if the candidate with 4 million more votes than his opponent will win the election.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
That's insanely expensive? You can easily find magazines costing €10 on the shelves in Norway.
Yeah but you're all millionaires over there. It's like €200 a pint.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Agreed. Not sure the Germans understand what drives those folks. Hell some will probably proudly put that on their wall. Pun intended.
It's not meant for the US market though. In Germany a rifle and camouflage clothes in private hands are the marks of an idiot. If I were to guess the point is to highlight how far away Trump is from what happens in German elections, a nod to potential authoritarian measures and violence to come.

MTF

I still don't get this assumption that the majority of these overseas ballots are military. Just quick math is that the US military is around 1.5 million personnel. Even doubling for spouses, but then you have to significantly reduce because the majority of US military personnel are in the US. Meanwhile there are an estimated 5 million US citizens that live abroad. So in any random sample of US citizens living abroad, you'll find more civilians than military.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
It's not meant for the US market though. In Germany a rifle and camouflage clothes in private hands are the marks of an idiot. If I were to guess the point is to highlight how far away Trump is from what happens in German elections, a nod to potential authoritarian measures and violence to come.
Fair enough. Guess they ll probably be able to sell a bunch of em to Trump supporters too! :lol:

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I'm still upset he never bothered to learn the proper YMCA dance.

EDIT - He would've won if he had.

Charlie Foley

:wenger:

People straight up armed too. Imagine being a poll worker inside..
Lunatics!
Also they think the Dems are simultaneously incompetent (“they’re screwing themselves”) and capable of pulling off such a complicated screwjob. Morons

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
I still don't get this assumption that the majority of these overseas ballots are military. Just quick math is that the US military is around 1.5 million personnel. Even doubling for spouses, but then you have to significantly reduce because the majority of US military personnel are in the US. Meanwhile there are an estimated 5 million US citizens that live abroad. So in any random sample of US citizens living abroad, you'll find more civilians than military.
So ...what are they saying ? This is a way to see Georgia gap close again?

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Aye. There are about 200,000 Americans living in Paris alone! (well.. Probably a little less now) - Im pretty sure there arent anywhere near that many in the military bc I doubt the French would want that living in their capital city :lol:

.. Well.. They might actually.. They ve clearly needed help before :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.