2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

WPMUFC

Even the forecasters can barely contain it. The news organisations are actively NOT projecting a NV win.

diarm

I'm imagining Trump getting dragged out and thrown into a cell for the world to see.

In my head, it's playing out like the scene in Super Troopers where the local cops delouse Farva with the powdered sugar.

Smores

I refuse to believe he doesn’t get why this happened. He can’t possibly be that thick.
I flip between him being a conman who willfully sells lies to thinking what if he's just one of this old folk who believe everything they see on the Internet.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout

Even the forecasters can barely contain it. The news organisations are actively NOT projecting a NV win.
You'd imagine that they don't want to call it and then something go wrong with the count, and Trump flips it. That way Trump would probably tell his base "see?! The media were complicit with the fraud!"

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
I also think its naive to assume all minorities are incensed by strong rhetoric against immigration - for a lot of them immigration is also a concern. Heck, in the UK I know plenty of minorities who voted for Brexit primarily motivated by immigration.
All minorities may not be incensed, but most are especially the educated, younger minorities. They understand that developed countries thrive on immigration because it fills a need. The minorities supporting Trump are in the minorities of minorities.

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
Any chance of Trump resigning ‘in protest’, Pence being sworn in for a few weeks and Pence pardoning Trump for any and all crimes committed?

I guess he can’t be pardoned for state crimes anyway, so the NY cases would proceed.

WPMUFC

AZ SoS: "sharpie-gate is a baseless conspiracy theory, zero ballots were thrown out, we are now facing a baseless lawsuit"

owlo

I’ve not been watching NC, I kind of expected/presumed it will go red.

I made 2 election prediction maps, what I thought would happen and what I worried could happen. My “what I thought” was what we’re looking at now except swap GA with NC. My nervous map was 270 Biden, where Trump gets PA, GA, NC, FL (never trusted Florida) and ME 02 but Biden wins the desert. That’s the Republican feckery outcome. I got this accurate a guess from looking at polls (which apparently don’t work at all) and hating Florida (A state which definitely doesn’t work)
The pollls have been really weird. The rust belt ones seem way off, but GA seems spot on. We need Ann Selzer to poll every state!

With no real idea whats happened, my semi-educated guess is

1: They didn't account for the GOP ground game in all the swing states and the democrats lack of one. There was the erroneous assumption that registration data didn't really matter.
2: They didn't account for Latinos/Blacks liking trump

I called it a while ago, that white males [and to a lesser extent white females] will decide this election. And they did. But Latinos provided a real sting in the tail which almost counteracted that.

So it turned out:

Miami-Dade fecked Biden (latinos?)
The polls did really well with: Georgia, Arizona, Nevada, Minnesota, Pennsylvania (a few of these, especially the last 2 go between this category and 'okayish')
They did okayish in: Michigan, Texas, NC (and arguably FL)
They really fecked up in: WI, OH, Mo.

There's really no common denominator with those; so I'll wait for more expert opinions to start writing articles for me to read before properly analysing it all. Does Montana even have many Latinos? Was the GOP ground game really so advanced there?

MikeUpNorth

Wobbles like a massive pair of tits
It would be awkward to call Nevada next, as it would lead to Fox and AP calling Biden the next president (due to their early Arizona call), but all the other networks having the race still undecided.

I think everyone is waiting to call Pennsylvania together.

Smores

You'd imagine that they don't want to call it and then something go wrong with the count, and Trump flips it. That way Trump would probably tell his base "see?! The media were complicit with the fraud!"
Personally think the Biden campaign have been in contact with them to let the votes play out. The networks announcing is a bit pointless if the president elect and current president are still pretending it's not done.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Any chance of Trump resigning ‘in protest’, Pence being sworn in for a few weeks and Pence pardoning Trump for any and all crimes committed?

I guess he can’t be pardoned for state crimes anyway, so the NY cases would proceed.
Richard Osman floated the same theory tonight on The Last Leg - you can't put anything past Trump :lol:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
It would be awkward to call Nevada next, as it would lead to Fox and AP calling Biden the next president (due to their early Arizona call), but all the other networks having the race still undecided.

I think everyone is waiting to call Pennsylvania together.
Which they very well could do this evening since the trajectory and ratio of votes is clearly going in Biden's favor.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Personally think the Biden campaign have been in contact with them to let the votes play out. The networks announcing is a bit pointless if the president elect and current president are still pretending it's not done.
True enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.