2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giggs86

Unless you are a racist or filthy rich and want those sweet sweet tax breaks there are no reasons to vote for Trump.
Whatever you say bud. Next time I'll run my reasons through you to get your approval to vote.

Siorac

Before it was his personal circus with shits in giggles, yet he delivered and did his job as a president. The lock her up bulshit was Trump being Trump appeasing the lunatics. Tuesday night he crossed the line though from which there's no turning back. Gop disowned him and so did every sane American who loves this country.
He did what he said he would do. He said it weeks before the election. He's on camera, saying that the minute the election is over, they'll be there with lawyers. That Democrats will cheat.

This idea that Trump crossed the line on Tuesday is mental. He was, in fact, shouting back at us from miles over the line. He was so far over the line long before the election that he's practically in space.

Precaution

He did what he said he would do. He said it weeks before the election. He's on camera, saying that the minute the election is over, they'll be there with lawyers. That Democrats will cheat.

This idea that Trump crossed the line on Tuesday is mental. He was, in fact, shouting back at us from miles over the line. He was so far over the line long before the election that he's practically in space.
And now Space Force makes all the more sense

Stactix

Before it was his personal circus with shits in giggles, yet he delivered and did his job as a president. The lock her up bulshit was Trump being Trump appeasing the lunatics. Tuesday night he crossed the line though from which there's no turning back. Gop disowned him and so did every sane American who loves this country.
His job as president is to increase the divide between Democrat and Republican? He did that on a daily basis.
Says it all that he crossed the line here rather than the countless other controversys.

The GOP have definetly not disowned him, they've distanced themselves but they're all complicit. Not a single one has came out and directly called him out.

Kopral Jono

In other news, Maajid Nawaz has been having a meltdown disguised as a series of intellectual election takes on Twitter all day. I agree with him on some things but in this subject he's an idiot.

FireballXL5

What exactly did he 'deliver'? Throughout the last four years I can't recall him being presidential for 1 fecking second.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
People's thinking is really formed by the information they receive. Because from where I stand, I can't imagine how a sane human being thinks Biden is worse than Trump. You have to be barking mad to think that.
This man was telling Bob Woodward that the Corona Virus was the plague of our time while telling the American people the virus was a "China hoax" and nothing more than the flu.
7 months later, at least 235,000 Americans have died.

I question your motives.

SirAF

Ageist
People's thinking is really formed by the information they receive. Because from where I stand, I can't imagine how a sane human being thinks Biden is worse than Trump. You have to be barking mad to think that.
This man was telling Bob Woodward that the Corona Virus was the plague of our time while telling the American people the virus was a "China hoax" and nothing more than the flu.
7 months later, at least 235,000 Americans have died.

I question your motives.
Exactly right. There are so many reasons that we could waste this entire saturday going through them. However, should you just need one then this one is more than ample.

Gearbox Paddy

Nah it's a partisan world and people have to choose their sides. Biden may have a million serious flaws but every one of them pales in comparison to his predecessor's, and complaining about them just now simply shows your colors.
Is there an obligation to pick a side? Do you prefer coke or Pepsi? Dogs or cats? You have to pick one it’s a partisan world as you say.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about, nor any actual interest in medical diagnoses.
Well that’s great to hear.

Do you have any professional medical advice to add or just tell me I’ve no idea what I’m talking about?

Adisa

Exactly right. There are so many reasons that we could waste this entire saturday going through them. However, should you just need one then this one is more than ample.
I would have more respect for Trump voters of they just admit he is a terrible human being but they don't care. Because that's the truth. They know he's a cnut and they don't care. He's their cnut.

Red Stone

Jesus, day 4 of waking up and seeing this is yet to be resolved...
It isn't resolved because Trump doesn't have the decency to concede. This race is going to end in very similar fashion to 2016, only this time it's going to Dems instead of Reps. At this point in 2016 Hillary had conceded because that's what a candidate is supposed to do in that situation.

Donald Trump is just too much of a baby to do what's right. He always has been.

SirAF

Ageist
I would have more respect for Trump voters of they just admit he is a terrible human being but they don't care. Because that's the truth. They know he's a cnut and they don't care. He's their cnut.
Absolutely. You might not be a racist if you vote for Trump - but if you do then it’s clear you don’t have a problem with racism. It shouldn’t be difficult for people to grasp.

Judas

Open to offers
The excuses and reasons Trump fans come up for voting and supporting him are fascinating, I'm sad we've got people on here who would actually take time out of their day to vote for him really.

Djemba-Djemba

Oh dear, the trump supporters have appeared in this thread after going missing for about 48 hours.

Can you imagine voting for Donald Trump to win a 2nd term? Bloody hell.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Did you not see it coming though? It’s not behavior that’s distinct from “his personal circus” or “Trump being Trump”. It’s just Trump, he’s been promising this since 2016. If you accept those things as part of the package I don’t really think you can just simply disown him when you feel he’s suddenly gone too far.

No there aren't. There's a base that will follow him blindly, sure, but on the other hand there are those who are being put off by his actions since Tuesday night and his attacks on our democracy.
I find it hilarious that Tuesday night was the tipping point for you feeling that Trump has gone too far.

Not his horrific handling of covid, not the multiple accusations of sexual assault (including stating the accusation from E Jean Carroll can’t be true as she’s “not his type”), not calling Mexicans “rapists”, not referring to “fine people on both sides” when one side were white supremacists, not when he dismissed John McCain’s war hero status by saying “I like people that weren’t captured”, not when he called for the death penalty for the Central Park 5 and never apologised once they were acquitted, not when he made up the word “covfefe”.

And these are just off the top of my head after a bad night’s sleep.

InfiniteBoredom

*Trump talks about doing horrible things*
Trump supporters: ‘it’s just hot air, he’s not going to do it’
*Trump does horrible things*
Trump supporters: surprised Pikachu face

SirAF

Ageist
I find it hilarious that Tuesday night was the tipping point for you feeling that Trump has gone too far.

Not his horrific handling of covid, not the multiple accusations of sexual assault (including stating the accusation from E Jean Carroll can’t be true as she’s “not his type”), not calling Mexicans “rapists”, not referring to “fine people on both sides” when one side were white supremacists, not when he dismissed John McCain’s war hero status by saying “I like people that weren’t captured”, not when he called for the death penalty for the Central Park 5 and never apologised once they were acquitted, not when he made up the word “covfefe”.

And these are just off the top of my head after a bad night’s sleep.
Don’t forget the pussy grabbing, «shithole countries», wanting more immigrants from «countries like Norway (no thanks Don) and just being a fat bastard.

Abizzz

Is there an obligation to pick a side? Do you prefer coke or Pepsi? Dogs or cats? You have to pick one it’s a partisan world as you say.
If you're going to enter threads that are labelled Coke or Pepsi, dogs or cats, yes you better pick one. Or at least not act as if you're unbiased if you come in and complain how cats bark too loud for your liking.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
I don’t think it’s fair that one poster is getting ganged up upon for his views. You may think these views are ridiculous or he’s not being honest, but not everybody thinks the same way. It’s good to have different perspectives and this should be embraced however ridiculous you might think that perspective to be.

dove

Yes, there is an obligation to pick a side. Coke and dogs obviously.

Djemba-Djemba

I don’t think it’s fair that one poster is getting ganged up upon for his views. You may think these views are ridiculous or he’s not being honest, but not everybody thinks the same way. It’s good to have different perspectives and this should be embraced however ridiculous you might think that perspective to be.
I would generally agree but honestly if that one person voted for fecking trump they deserve to be mocked .

Stactix

Don’t forget the pussy grabbing, «shithole countries», wanting more immigrants from «countries like Norway (no thanks Don) and just being a fat bastard.
Climate Denying, Science Denying.
Paris aggreement, fecking the EPA.
Nuking hurricanes.
Assassinating an Iranian General and nearly starting a war, destroying all of Obamas work with Iranian deal.
Puerto Rico recovery efforts.
Trusting Putin over own intelligence agencies.
Treatment of Allies (Canada, UK, Ger, France, South Korea etc) Vs treatment of countries authoritans, Rus, NK, Saudi, Turkey, Brazil etc.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
Absolutely. You might not be a racist if you vote for Trump - but if you do then it’s clear you don’t have a problem with racism. It shouldn’t be difficult for people to grasp.
100% this, it's disturbing to me that 70m Americans can excuse Trumps racism.

InfiniteBoredom

It’s good to have different perspectives and this should be embraced however ridiculous you might think that perspective to be.
What does ‘embraced’ exactly mean in this context?

No one is banning him from having his say. But just as he is free to voice it, we are free to call it out. It’s not as if the lot of us get together beforehand and planned to dump on him.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs
Off topic, surely this thread is the fasted growing thread in the history of the Caf?! Who’s arsed enough to work out the post per day ratio of the thread?

Kopral Jono

I actually have way more respect for Trump voters who are straight up cnuts and/or blatant victims of fake news, rather than those 'classical liberals' who beat around the bush but are always ready to defend him no matter what.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Come on, people.
It really shouldn't be that difficult to just admit that Trump did a lot of great things in his first term.
Nobody has done more to fix the broken political system in America.
And name another President who managed to bring peace to the middle east?!
Someone, anyone? Didn't think so.

Maybe you should all just let other people have a chance to actually make their points without being insulting all the time?
Ultimately it's using the same divisive tactics that the media have been using for the last four years.
More intellectual debate, less quoting CNN please.

Love it when Trump does stuff like fix the broken economy left to him by Obama.
Only to then have folk just attack all the time because they don't like how he points out the truth about stuff.
Less of the victim blaming, yeah?

Hi, I'm Mr Pigeon and you're watching Jackass.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
So after four years of pure corruption, it was Tuesday night that Trump finally crossed the line. This is where I could pull up a 400+ point bullet list of all the sick, twisted and just plain evil things Trump has done over the last four years that you might assume any single one of them would be a line crosser for any person with a shred of compassion and moral fibre.

I think you are all giving @Giggs86 too much credit by assuming he/she is referring to his despot like autocratic behaviour as the thing which finally had them hold their hands up and say “nah this guy isn’t for me”. That is complete and utter bollocks though. The only thing Trump did on Tuesday night that they simply cannot be associated with is lose the election. Now he’s finally a busted flush once and for all it’s time to disassociate for the sake of their own ego and that tells you everything you need to know about them.

Djemba-Djemba

So after four years of pure corruption, it was Tuesday night that Trump finally crossed the line. This is where I could pull up a 400+ point bullet list of all the sick, twisted and just plain evil things Trump has done over the last four years that you might assume any single one of them would be a line crosser for any person with a shred of compassion and moral fibre.

I think you are all giving @Giggs86 too much credit by assuming he/she is referring to his despot like autocratic behaviour as the thing which finally had them hold their hands up and say “nah this guy isn’t for me”. That is complete and utter bollocks though. The only thing Trump did on Tuesday night that they simply cannot be associated with is lose the election. Now he’s finally a busted flush once and for all it’s time to disassociate for the sake of their own ego and that tells you everything you need to know about them.
Completely agree.

Red Stone

*Trump talks about doing horrible things*
Trump supporters: ‘it’s just hot air, he’s not going to do it’
*Trump does horrible things*
Trump supporters: surprised Pikachu face
The surprised Pikachu meme isn't the right one for this.

This one is:

Adisa

Hope he doesn't feel well have ganged up on him cause I actually don't want Trump supporters to be driven away from this thread.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Come on, people.
It really shouldn't be that difficult to just admit that Trump did a lot of great things in his first term.
Nobody has done more to fix the broken political system in America.
And name another President who managed to bring peace to the middle east?!
Someone, anyone? Didn't think so.

Maybe you should all just let other people have a chance to actually make their points without being insulting all the time?
Ultimately it's using the same divisive tactics that the media have been using for the last four years.
More intellectual debate, less quoting CNN please.

Love it when Trump does stuff like fix the broken economy left to him by Obama.
Only to then have folk just attack all the time because they don't like how he points out the truth about stuff.
Less of the victim blaming, yeah?

Hi, I'm Mr Pigeon and you're watching Jackass.
:lol: you never disappoint

Status
Not open for further replies.