2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
It’s just fecking brilliant. Republicans bunkering in to take the election through legal cases and recounts. Yet the rest of the world and its leaders are already congratulating Biden.

Im not American and by and large, whatever happens there doesn’t, in the short term, effect me. Yet at times I’ve felt so vested in this election because of what it symbolises. Biden isn’t the perfect president to get this world back on course but this wasn’t about that. It was about getting a man who’s rhetoric was scary out of the White House.

I hope it stands through the challenges it’ll face, but for the first vote in a good few years I finally feel good rather than like shit. Long way to go and alas, 70M people still felt Trump was the answer.

I don’t care about them and appeasing them. Alas, Trump did nothing to appease those who were against his rhetoric. But, it’s damn important to understand them.

Just think. People who support Trump in one place protested to stop the vote. In another, at the same time, protested to count it. We can write it off as “idiots” but, the reality is there is something genuinely wrong which causes people to behave so brazenly stupidly. Whether it’s social media disinformation, or something else, the world needs to put a stop to it because left or right, it’s absolutely imperative that robust discussion and argument and debate is held and right now, it’s impossible because everyone is so entrenched in their views and beliefs that it’s got to the stage where mentally one cannot comprehend the others opinions.

One presidency won’t fix it but I surely hope it at least stops the rot and is a start in fixing this.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Van Jones loves pulling the wool over everyone's eyes. He is close friends with Ivanka and Kushner and has attended numerous events and functions at the WH in the last 4 years.
Don't think being friends with Ivanka and kushner means he doesn't believe everything he just said. Weird flex.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
It’s just fecking brilliant. Republicans bunkering in to take the election through legal cases and recounts. Yet the rest of the world and its leaders are already congratulating Biden. ...
It's even more pathetic than that. We had a demented Giuliani, clearly way past his sell-by-date and accompanied by no-one of any substance, ranting away through a loud hailer on a run-down patch of tarmac, right next door to sleazy sex shop called Fantasy Island.

The contrast with a President-Elect already assuming the mantle of power - and the Trumpian disconnect with reality - are truly astounding.

Status
Not open for further replies.