2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Okay Ill back off a bit then. The response you speak of was in response to that MI video and ive heard folks call just about anything in the center of the country flyover before so perhaps I jumped to conclusions too quickly.
No worries, brother. I’m well aware that when I use words that have some hyperbole in them, I could be setting myself up for an argument. But, I don’t particularly care for the mentality that exists in a large swath of this country. I’m certain they don’t care for a liberal mindset either. Been a while since we’ve been this acutely polarized.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
flaming dicks. There is a HUUUUGGGGE difference.
"You can't arrest me for sending unsolicited dick pics officer, I was sending unsolicited FLAMING dick pics. There is a huge difference."

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Haha I thought that's what you meant but didnt want to assume. Im always fascinated how many people point to MI (specifically here in the SE) as craziest state to drive in from a speed perspective and how close we drive to each other. But then I visit Ontaria or other states and feel like falling asleep on the road and then I understand.
Where in the SE do you live?

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Think we ll do beer. Got plenty of misc. Alcohol at home still. Maybe a Bourbon though.
For beer if you want to go for a fun name, Ale Asylum from Madison has feck COVID. Fantasy Factory from Kerben4 is great and has the best packaging ever. Both are Madison beers and are tasty. Not sure if you can get them in MI.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
For beer if you want to go for a fun name, Ale Asylum from Madison has feck COVID. Fantasy Factory from Kerben4 is great and has the best packaging ever. Both are Madison beers and are tasty. Not sure if you can get them in MI.
I ll have to look. Place near here that is the equivalent of a Costco for beer so if they don't have it probably no one does.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
Ooh I should add Indiana to my list of flyover states because the little corner you drive through between Detroit and Chicago is basically the zombie apocalypse.

oates

No one is a match for his two masters degrees
Scout
Supports
Arsenal
I've been told that I need to congratulate @oates for correctly predicting that Biden would be the next President. But I will not be swayed by foreign influences.

How did @oates know Biden was going to win before a single vote was counted? How much do we truly know about him? Have you ever seen @Penna and @HilareyClintin in the same place at the same time? I sure haven't, folks. I might just be a simple peanut farmer from Bald Knob, Arkansas but I ain't no fool. And, like my daddy always said; you can't skin a possum til he dips his wick in honey. And my daddy was a clever man until the sepsis on his bumhole sent him up to God.
I would like to state for the record that I've never seen Hilary Clinton in the same room as @Penna at the same time and I am seriously worried that Hilary Clinton may have died years ago in a car crash of a post by @Mr Pigeon in a Paris road tunnel that had been about to be closed so that the flying rat shit could be cleaned from the road surface, and that Penna has been involved in some sort of shenanigans devised by her old bosses at MI5.

Regardless of the above ridiculous accusation I am happy to bask in the warmth of having correctly called this election in favour of The Not Trump candidate very early on during the vote count. No flowers by request, donations instead to be made out to the registered charity The Oates Homeless and Cup of Tea less Old Lags Hostel.

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Phenomenal city. Highlands Bar & Grill still around? Frank & Pardis were amazing clients of mine years ago. One of the best restaurants in the nation in its pomp.
Ahh cool - not in Birmingham but there is a Highlands at the top of the Ren Cen now. Not sure if it's (still) the same?

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
It’s a bit hyperbolic, it’s said in a football forum. It’s not how I marshal my actions in real life, but I’m not lying when I say it.

I am a bigot towards aggressive ignorance, using alternative facts, racism, xenophobia, homophobia, some conservative views on economics, small mindedness, & the more virulent strain of extremist religion that exists in this country. I admit this. But, I have interacted with people of the ilk I do not like daily for decades & somewhat decently.

Again, it definitely is a little hyperbolic, but I do have my views.
You're entitled to your opinion and, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what you've said. I'm glad to see the back of that divisive, lying scum bag and hope that some of the more extreme and bigoted voices will die down now they've lost the ultimate cheerleader.

That said, there's a significant section of society, both in the US and across Europe, that can't just be written off as a marginal view anymore. And understanding how they arrived at this point - and why they're so angry - will dictate how easily we can all start to move forward.

Anyway. Feck it. This is supposed to be a well-earned day of celebration. Enjoy it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
You're entitled to your opinion and, for what it's worth, I agree with a lot of what you've said. I'm glad to see the back of that divisive, lying scum bag and hope that some of the more extreme and bigoted voices will die down now they've lost the ultimate cheerleader.

That said, there's a significant section of society, both in the US and across Europe, that can't just be written off as a marginal view anymore. And understanding how they arrived at this point - and why they're so angry - will dictate how easily we can all start to move forward.

Anyway. Feck it. This is supposed to be a well-earned day of celebration. Enjoy it.
And while I rail against them verbally, I do understand that empathy needs to exist towards all & I do care about bettering their lot in life & bridging the gap between.

Yep, we can reconvene about this as nauseam at a later date. Today is one of those days where one remembers where they were when they heard the news.

DavidDeSchmikes

There seem to be a lot of masks, but they are Democrats. It is the Republicans who have been rebelling reportedly.
Fair enough, just hope the American public start getting complacent about it. Tbh though Democrats have been wearing masks much more than Republicans

Status
Not open for further replies.