Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular

Raoul

Admin
Staff
At that point, why wouldn't you simply taking the popular vote? Or is it that the electoral college is in the US constitution, but its exact mechanism isn't?
Both are in the constitution. There is a strain of the public who like the federalist system, so retaining the electoral college may be more palatable to them, which would be necessary to gain the broad support to amend the constitution to include proportional voting instead of the current winner take all system. Admittedly, this is all pie in the sky since we will never get enough support to change the constitution again (probably ever).

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Having a president elected separately to the party is kind of a sucky idea anyway, whether it’s EC or popular vote based. It buys into the idea of handing massive power to an individual who is then basically uncontrollable outside extreme measures like impeachment that rarely work anyway.

Drifter

American
Dominion software official slams Sidney Powell: 'I've got the facts on my side'

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
"We went to bed and Trump was winning - and then we woke up...and all of a sudden it was Biden!"

Yes - because of a substantial amount of mail ballots that everyone was aware of.

What is it that these people find so hard to grasp about this? They think leading is the same as winning - and when the other guy overtakes you, it has to be fraud?

I didn't watch the whole thing, but this woman doesn't even seem like a full-blown Trumpist loon/idiot. But she actually uses the above "argument" - as if it should be taken seriously. Quite bizarre.

psychdelicblues

"We went to bed and Trump was winning - and then we woke up...and all of a sudden it was Biden!"

Yes - because of a substantial amount of mail ballots that everyone was aware of.

What is it that these people find so hard to grasp about this? They think leading is the same as winning - and when the other guy overtakes you, it has to be fraud?

I didn't watch the whole thing, but this woman doesn't even seem like a full-blown Trumpist loon/idiot. But she actually uses the above "argument" - as if it should be taken seriously. Quite bizarre.
She's really that bad if not worse.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

They grasp it. They just don't care.

Precaution

He's just picking fights with Republicans which will just kick him out on his arse, I do hope now this is a genuine wake up call and they will not succumb in the future to a Charles Manson/Trumpism cult.

Off course it's easy to get on your high horse once dear leader has been voted out.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers

oh shes bad

Revan

Assumptionman
He's just picking fights with Republicans which will just kick him out on his arse, I do hope now this is a genuine wake up call and they will not succumb in the future to a Charles Manson/Trumpism cult.

Off course it's easy to get on your high horse once dear leader has been voted out.
Hogan has always been an anti-Trump. One of the very few Republicans who still has a spine (and whom actually doesn’t seem to have most of the insane views Republicans hold).

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Oh my god i'm pissing my pants. They JUST realized she was batshit crazy XD What about Rudy?

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG

:lol: What the actual feck is going on?
We all know what happened, they actually looked into her theories only to realize it all was absurd baseless Qanon conspiracy and they decided to cut her. I've never seen something more ridiculous in my life.

GlastonSpur

Also disliked on an Aston Villa forum
Supports
Spurs
Oh my god i'm pissing my pants. They JUST realized she was batshit crazy XD What about Rudy?

She appeared in a press conference only yesterday, with Giuliani and Ellis. Not only was she presented as part of Trump's legal team, she actually spoke at length.

But today they deny she's part of their "elite strike force".

To say that their legal efforts are an utter shambles doesn't even begin to cover it ....

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
We all know what happened, they actually looked into her theories only to realize it all was absurd baseless Qanon conspiracy and they decided to cut her. I've never seen something more ridiculous in my life.
It speaks volumes that, before deciding to ditch her, they might even have decided to check her theory out ... as if it wasn't obvious batshit crazy stuff.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
It speaks volumes that, before deciding to ditch her, they might even have decided to check her theory out ... as if it wasn't obvious batshit crazy stuff.
Rudy still believes exhibit Q is true so... everything is possible with these people, they've just lost the plot a long time ago. This is a mess, shameful.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
She appeared in a press conference only yesterday, with Giuliani and Ellis. Not only was she presented as part of Trump's legal team, she actually spoke at length.

But today they deny she's part of their "elite strike force".

To say that their legal efforts are an utter shambles doesn't even begin to cover it ....

:lol:

I know. It's fecking insane. It's also hilarious but not funny at the same time.

Sidney Powell was booked to appear on Judge Fruitloop Janine the other night but cancelled and went on Newsmax instead, at the exact same time she was meant to be on Fox.

Now Trump and Rudy are saying she has nothing to do with them. That must be after the public's response to her appearances and her batshit press conference.

It's a complete and utter shit show.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Reading that statement plus the replies is hilarious . The amount of MAGA's who're tying themselves up in conspiracy-knots is frightening.
They can make up a whacko conspiracy out of friggin anything.

GlastonSpur

Supports
Spurs
Reading that statement plus the replies is hilarious . The amount of MAGA's who're tying themselves up in conspiracy-knots is frightening.
They can make up a whacko conspiracy out of friggin anything.
Powell was a plant from that long-dead Venezuelan dictator. She's been training all these years in a jungle camp for just the right way to feck up Trump's legal eagles.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
It's a shame really, she'd just started to say that Loeffler also got it fixed for her and I wanted to see that play out for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.