2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carolina Red

Staff
Yeah, I thought of that, truly a cleave year in our country.

We’re on potentially a bit more of an exponentially curved timeline here, unfortunately. It’s fascinating being able to see the minutiae in real time.
Look at the timeline I posted right above your post. In 1968 there was basically not a moment to catch your breath. The hits just kept coming.

If we are headed for a year like that... holy hell.

InfiniteBoredom

Civil Rights + Vietnam War overlap era
Capitol police letting insurrectionists through has a feel of Department of War personnel moving arms to Confederates.

Hypothetically, if God Emperor declares martial law tomorrow, do you think the DoD will go along with it? The slow response from them today doesn’t bespoke confidence.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Look at the timeline I posted right above your post. In 1968 there was basically not a moment to catch your breath. The hits just kept coming.

If we are headed for a year like that... holy hell.
Totally agree on how much shit occurred in ‘68. But was there an effective political insurgency in 1968 or immediate preceding years? Discord, there was plenty, but insurgency?

Carolina Red

Staff
Capitol police letting insurrectionists through has a feel of Department of War personnel moving arms to Confederates.

Hypothetically, if God Emperor declares martial law tomorrow, do you think the DoD will go along with it? The slow response from them today doesn’t bespoke confidence.
Apparently the slow response was because they were acting without any guidance from the actual Commander in Chief.

Judging by reports, the National Guard was mobilized by a group of people NOT including the President.

Carolina Red

Staff
Totally agree on how much shit occurred in ‘68. But was there an effective political insurgency in 1968 or immediate preceding years? Discord, there was plenty, but insurgency?
Well, they never actually stormed the seat of government, if that’s what you’re asking.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Josh Hawley is a piece of absolute sh*t. Go f*ck yourself and your deliberately incoherent pretend arguments about confidence in elections.

Carolina Red

Staff
Course not. But a political insurgency, what was going to transpire in full today if not for the riots? I can’t recall one around then.
What comes to mind for me are the 50 days of riots in over 100 major American cities after MLK was assassinated. Dozens dead, thousands wounded, tens of thousands arrested.

Again, granted, none directly targeted the Capitol Building.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
What comes to mind for me are the 50 days of riots in over 100 major American cities after MLK was assassinated. Dozens dead, thousands wounded, tens of thousands arrested.

Again, granted, none directly targeted the Capitol Building.
I can totally get what you were saying. It will be interesting to compare the respective effects of each time against the resiliency of the government.

Tiber

Romney is always so impressive. Shame he didn't get to be the Republican president instead of the orange lunatic

I know he has hated Trump forever, but he didn't hold back one bit today

Sandyman

Only 6 yays for the Arizona vote.

Hawley insisting he'll still object to the results, esp PA

Amarsdd

If there was anything resembling karma, Matt Gaettz wouldn't last past the next minute on this earth. Unfortunately, there is no such thing as karma. Feckin cnut!

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Who is the democrat who voted yes in the house?

Edit: gone now.

Carolina Red

Staff
Status
Not open for further replies.