2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florida Man

Cartoon expert and crap superhero
That's an extremely low bar to hold. None of the politicians are 100% genuine anyway. None.
I gave a simple explanation of what genuine means for a poster who seemingly can't grasp said concept. Not for you to get your shitty jibe in as well as say absolutely nothing of value to me. Oh, no politicians are not 100% genuine? Holy shit! What a remarkable and intelligent observation!

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Biden is gonna milk that Ukraine thing, isn't he?

Florida Man

Boosting the defense budget but crying about not being able to afford M4A is for complete shitheads. Such great policy making!

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Biden is gonna milk that Ukraine thing, isn't he?
I think it's going to come back and bite him later if he becomes the nominee, like the Hillary emails thing. His son was there for no good reason.

Florida Man

I think it's going to come back and bite him later if he becomes the nominee, like the Hillary emails thing. His son was there for no good reason.
Hopefully it has a negative effect on both him and Trump as I agree with that latter part of your post.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
I think the only interesting question is, will the DNC ignore their voters again to annoint Biden, just to keep a real liberal out of office in Sanders?

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Aparently for what I read Trump asked to fabricate something bad about his son, not that he did something wrong, so if everything is in order, he probably milk it and if the impeachment goes on, he will be in the spotlight as the guy who kicked out Trump. But lets hope for what you are saying and damage both

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Aparently for what I read Trump asked to fabricate something bad about his son, not that he did something wrong, so if everything is in order, he probably milk it and if the impeachment goes on, he will be in the spotlight as the guy who kicked out Trump. But lets hope for what you are saying and damage both
this was the article i remember from some months ago: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/01/us/politics/biden-son-ukraine.html
there is also this, from 4 years ago: https://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/09/...-ukraine-joe-biden-son-hunter-biden-ties.html

Charlie Foley

drama..therefore ratings.

They both dislike each other.
I think our wires our crossed. I read your first comment as a reason tulsi made the stage was because the networks wanted ratings! If you were just stating as fact then apologies!

Charlie Foley

Of course its policies. He's an electable because he has policies that make sense .
Not everyone votes based purely on policy grounds. To suggest so is ludicrous as it pretty much means no one would ever “vote tactically” for someone they don’t like. I’d put forward this is even more the case for candidates with huge name brand recognition like Biden, and for a Obama nostalgia feeling

This is not just a primary fact by the way as many people will vote in the general without being able to tell you policy positions of their candidate of choice in a number of areas.

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
I think our wires our crossed. I read your first comment as a reason tulsi made the stage was because the networks wanted ratings! If you were just stating as fact then apologies!
I see.

Firstly I think the way they select the candidates for the debates is pretty arbitrary.
So who knows.

But I'm looking forward to any fireworks that may happen. The last one was pretty tame.

Charlie Foley

I see.

Firstly I think the way they select the candidates for the debates is pretty arbitrary.
So who knows.

But I'm looking forward to any fireworks that may happen. The last one was pretty tame.

Let her take down Harris and her campaign will have been worthwhile

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.
Not everyone votes based purely on policy grounds. To suggest so is ludicrous as it pretty much means no one would ever “vote tactically” for someone they don’t like. I’d put forward this is even more the case for candidates with huge name brand recognition like Biden, and for a Obama nostalgia feeling

This is not just a primary fact by the way as many people will vote in the general without being able to tell you policy positions of their candidate of choice in a number of areas.
Unfortunately you are right. A lot of people, especially nowadays, will vote based on "trust" and who they feel is a genuine candidate over what the actual policies mean. I've had plenty of political debates end with "well idk but I trust X will get it done".

freeurmind

weak willed
I slightly miswrote that.

But any proposal that doesn't involve increasing the amount of housing supply is doomed.

Are there any economists in Montana?
build more housing.
I agree. But what's to stop property developpers from snapping up all newly built houses and continuing to charge exhorbitant rent? I may be mistaken but I think the Federal Government has a program that provides low interest rate mortgages to vetrans? They should extend that to the genral population.

Charlie Foley

Unfortunately you are right. A lot of people, especially nowadays, will vote based on "trust" and who they feel is a genuine candidate over what the actual policies mean. I've had plenty of political debates end with "well idk but I trust X will get it done".
Yeah it’s frustrating alright. I don’t really know how you get anywhere with people with that mindset

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
That's very reductionist in my opinion. She's been in Congress since 2012 and has a decent voting record. She's better than most of the other candidates in my opinion.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/record
She came out early in support of Bernie in 2016 and was summarily punished by the DNC for not backing Hillary. They defunded her run to retain her seat.
I linked her interview on TYT here.

Here is the one on Joe Rogan.

She is a genuine candidate.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
She came out early in support of Bernie in 2016 and was summarily punished by the DNC for not backing Hillary. They defunded her run to retain her seat.
I linked her interview on TYT here.

Here is the one on Joe Rogan.

She is a genuine candidate.
She seems to be the last one not supporting impeachment.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
That's very reductionist in my opinion. She's been in Congress since 2012 and has a decent voting record. She's better than most of the other candidates in my opinion.

https://www.tulsi2020.com/record
I feel like US citizens failure to properly study the candidates and rather watch hate ads and see which one they feel had the best one liners in some debate full of lies, I think probably the candidates that get the least attention have some real gems among them.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
That happened last time?
The Super Delegates chose Hillary despite their constituents generally preferring Sanders by a fair margin. Sanders supporters sued the DNC over them spending more funds on Hillary, iirc, and the DNC argued in court that they could chosen Hillary even if Sanders had gotten enough Super Delegates to win (the poplar vote he won over Hillary by a wide margin). They argued they have the right to pick whoever they want as the delegate.

InfiniteBoredom

The Super Delegates chose Hillary despite their constituents generally preferring Sanders by a fair margin. Sanders supporters sued the DNC over them spending more funds on Hillary, iirc, and the DNC argued in court that they could chosen Hillary even if Sanders had gotten enough Super Delegates to win (the poplar vote he won over Hillary by a wide margin). They argued they have the right to pick whoever they want as the delegate.
Alternative fact.

syrian_scholes

Honorary Straw Hat
By a margin of -3 million, yuge.

Status
Not open for further replies.