2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abizzz

I love how we're all getting prepared for the vibe of the debate in this thread :D

What's everyone's favorite (legal) stream for this? I'm on
but the pre-game coverage is kind of lame.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I love how we're all getting prepared for the vibe of the debate in this thread :D

I’m on legal CNN. Setting the bar real low for Trump. Basically, if he’s not an asshole they will consider him a winner.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
CNN is weird. Its like they suddenly are hoping for a Trump win. Would fit the the media making more money off a bat shit insane President.
That's what happens when you have Santorum and Van Jones on the panel. One is pro-Trump and the other wants to scare Dems into believing Trump may win if they don't turn up to vote in droves.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
CNN is weird. Its like they suddenly are hoping for a Trump win. Would fit the the media making more money off a bat shit insane President.
Agreed. CNN are weird. Hell, all news media in the US are weird. They want a narrative to make the$$

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That's what happens when you have Santorum and Van Jones on the panel. One is pro-Trump and the other wants to scare Dems into believing Trump may win if they don't turn up to vote in droves.
Yep. Trump may be a piece of dog shit, but Santorum is what comes out when the dog has a stomach bug.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Legal? Are there illegal streams of this? Last time I just went to Youtube and typed in "Presidential debate", and every US network and some non-American ones were offering their free coverage.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas
Yep. Trump may be a piece of dog shit, but Santorum is what comes out when the dog has a stomach bug.
I guess the good thing about Santorum being on CNN is that he s not in a position of power under a Trump admin. We would otherwise probably be talking about him as one of the top 5 villains.

Wibble

In Gadus Speramus
Staff
But Raoul didn't mention any of that in his PM or reply here. Which is why I asked what the caf policy was.
I'm sure there was far more than that and I didn't discuss it with him, but that accusation alone is well out of order and can't be tolerated. Defamation laws are in the UK are very strict and put the burden of proof on the person being sued for making a statement and the Caf wants none of that. Aside from the ethical issue of stating something as fact as if someone had been convicted of something.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I guess the good thing about Santorum being on CNN is that he s not in a position of power under a Trump admin. We would otherwise probably be talking about him as one of the top 5 villains.
Agreed. He's still a terrible pundit though and CNN are annoying their viewers to no end by attempting to appear balanced with Santorum, who is basically the latest in a long line of failed GOP pundits at CNN during the Trump years - Jeffrey Lord, Ed Martin, Jason Miller, Lewandowski etc.

sport2793

Ya I'm tired of the false equivalency that CNN have been seemingly trying to project in recent days. They have no backbone whatsoever.

EDIT: Clear example of this is attacking Dems on the stimulus deal when any random person can figure out the deal isn't yet finished because the GOP don't want to offer meaningful stimulus to working class folks. Seeing Wolf throw softballs to Mark Meadows today was truly a waste of time.

Abizzz

Legal? Are there illegal streams of this? Last time I just went to Youtube and typed in "Presidential debate", and every US network and some non-American ones were offering their free coverage.
Well there's rules about asking for streams and stuff. I just wanted to make sure. (And change the topic)

Red Stone

Krispy Kreme Christy looks like death. Even more than usual, I mean. Covid clearly hasn't been kind to him.

entropy

I'm sure there was far more than that and I didn't discuss it with him, but that accusation alone is well out of order and can't be tolerated. Defamation laws are in the UK are very strict and put the burden of proof on the person being sued for making a statement and the Caf wants none of that. Aside from the ethical issue of stating something as fact as if someone had been convicted of something.
Is he not accused of rape? and if that was the reason for the ban, why didn't @Raoul mention it here or in his PM. Am I not allowed to believe or take the side of someone who is a victim of sexual assault without being banned?

nimic

something nice
Scout
Trump attempting to be nice while Biden attacks him. The nice bit won't last long at this rate.
No doubt his people have told him he needs to try to win over some independents (and even some former Republicans!) by being nicer, more Presidential. But I'm sure he'll bring up Hunter Biden soon, and he'll only get worse from there.

Red Stone

Is it just me or is Biden significantly more coherent than he was at the start of the previous debate?
It's easier to focus when you don't have a rabid baboon constantly flinging verbal diarrhoea your way.

Status
Not open for further replies.