2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Props for:
A) pulling that reference out of nowhere
and
B) spelling Ceausescu correctly (well minus the cedilla on the S, and yes I had to look up what that thing is called)
Tried for the little squiggly thing, but it didn’t give me the option on my iPhone.

Ceausescu’s last speech was something else.

entropy

Yeah, we should just let those foreign governments do their election meddling in peace dammit! Crazy libtards wanting repercussions for decade long efforts to use racial divisons to incite violence and voter apathy. Bloody snowflakes.
Once you get stung in the past by a wasp, it’s not crazy to keep your eyes peeled for one in the future.

Not sure if you’re discounting the fact that we did have our election interfered with in 2016 (most likely 2018) or just having a wum overall.
A thing can be two things. We are definitely doing a crap load of internal disinformation and voter suppression (both 99% on the right), but there is ALSO external interference going on as well. Do you really believe there is not?
get some help, it’s never too late.

SirAF

Ageist
@nimic What do you make of this? https://www.tv2.no/a/11725938/

This doesn’t really correspond with what I’m seeing from the US - are TV2 using rubbish polls in their analysis and/or are they trying to hype how close it is to gain clicks and views?

nimic

something nice
Scout
@nimic What do you make of this? https://www.tv2.no/a/11725938/

This doesn’t really correspond with what I’m seeing from the US - are TV2 using rubbish polls in their analysis and/or are they trying to hype how close it is to gain clicks and views?
Seems like complete nonsense to me. I suspect their elections expert simply doesn't have a good understanding of good polls and bad polls in US election polling. Probably because in Norwegian elections we only have a few polls, but they're usually very high quality.

SirAF

Ageist
Seems like complete nonsense to me. I suspect their elections expert simply doesn't have a good understanding of good polls and bad polls in US election polling. Probably because in Norwegian elections we only have a few polls, but they're usually very high quality.
I suspected as much. I mean, the general notion in the US seem to be how *big* Biden’s win is going to be, but here we have a small Norwegian news channel claiming otherwise!

Edit: I asked Svein Melby on Twitter (one Norway’s top USA experts for you non-Noggies) and he agrees with our sentiment, TV2 are trying to make it more exciting.

Last edited:

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
He has actually got a semblance of a point though. For the past few months he's been getting a pretty rough ride in media interviews, and from the debate moderator. They're not remotely scared of upsetting him. Most of the media have always hated him for obvious reasons and rarely a press conference would go by without a couple of flare-ups, but it's been pretty relentless for him recently. It felt like his interview with Chris Wallace was a bit of a turning point, where the tough interviewer in a friendly environment had turned into the interviewer openly mocking the president and embarrassing him with facts. It's like he's no longer the president any more and he's being treated like he was in 2016.

The thing that makes it great is it was all so predictable - he antagonised the media, he made huge policy feckups in a national crisis, and his base has dwindled to the point where he's highly likely to be the first president not to win a second term in 3 decades - but because he's an idiot he has no idea how to handle it. It constantly catches him off guard. He just thinks it's a conspiracy that Biden is getting the easy treatment rather than recognising it's because he treats the media well, is a generally competent person and looks likely to be their next overlord.

SirAF

Ageist
He has actually got a semblance of a point though. For the past few months he's been getting a pretty rough ride in media interviews, and from the debate moderator. They're not remotely scared of upsetting him. Most of the media have always hated him for obvious reasons and rarely a press conference would go by without a couple of flare-ups, but it's been pretty relentless for him recently. It felt like his interview with Chris Wallace was a bit of a turning point, where the tough interviewer in a friendly environment had turned into the interviewer openly mocking the president and embarrassing him with facts. It's like he's no longer the president any more and he's being treated like he was in 2016.

The thing that makes it great is it was all so predictable - he antagonised the media, he made huge policy feckups in a national crisis, and his base has dwindled to the point where he's highly likely to be the first president not to win a second term in 3 decades - but because he's an idiot he has no idea how to handle it. It constantly catches him off guard. He just thinks it's a conspiracy that Biden is getting the easy treatment rather than recognising it's because he treats the media well, is a generally competent person and looks likely to be their next overlord.
And rightly so! That Wallace interview was a long time coming, it was about time someone had the bollocks to confront him properly with facts.

SirAF

Ageist
Yeah, imagine wanting one of the most influential countries in the world to not have a psychopath for president. The nerve!

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Rasmussen shilling hard in the final weeks

Looked at her profile... MAGA nutter. I still cannot wrap my head around why under-30s are on the Republican train. I would use my own experience but that was prior to social media and before the internet readily exploded with information.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
can you really not see how any of this might come across as cultish behaviour?
How is commenting that the majority of voter suppression is being done by the right this year and that there is foreign interference a cultish behavior.

GiddyUp

How is commenting that the majority of voter suppression is being done by the right this year and that there is foreign interference a cultish behavior.
I wouldn't bother mate, that guy thinks everyone is racist except for republicans.

entropy

i mean it’s been 4 years and it’s a conscious choice to have to keep driving yourself insane going at it. doesn’t really answer my question either.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
i mean it’s been 4 years and it’s a conscious choice to have to keep driving yourself insane going at it. doesn’t really answer my question either.
fits since you have refused to answer anyone else's questions regarding this election.

lsd

The Oracle
Trump is 7/2 at Boylesports to win tonight's debate based on CNN poll.

That seems crazy odds for a 2 man debate especially for a sitting President , they clearly expect him to behave like a complete idiot

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

That seems crazy odds for a 2 man debate especially for a sitting President , they clearly expect him to behave like a complete idiot
To whom does a betting site like that look for a winner? Who / what is the ultimate arbiter as to who the winner is?

owlo

“based on a cnn poll”. 7/2 is a bit stingy. If it was based on a Sean hannity show poll, it’d be generous,

Redplane

( . Y . ) planned for Christmas

If Biden doesnt win the debate tonight given how desperate Trump now seemingly is then they didn't prep well enough.

The dems might have taken a stance that kids are off limits as opposed to Trump's campaign but last I checked Hunter didnt hold a high level government position. The irony of that, the irony of them complaining about Biden's wealth, the irony of Donnie complaining about China and Biden when its now clear Donnie is the one with vested interests there, etc etc should all be put on the table imho bc this is probably the one debate where he feels he can legitimately claim some "success".

Other than whining again you can sure as hell bet he ll try to play the Iranian situation and the faux "peace" with Israel for some countries as some major accomplishments.

Ask him about Russian planes entering allied air space, ask him how his friend Kim is doing, etc. Ask him about the poisonings, ask him about Jamal Khashoggi. Ask him why he allowed Erdogan goons to beat up Americans on US soil...etc etc.

lsd

The Oracle
To whom does a betting site like that look for a winner? Who / what is the ultimate arbiter as to who the winner is?

Must be the CNN poll after the debate . You would think for two person debate where both speak the same language the odds would be pretty even for both

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Must be the CNN poll after the debate . You would think for two person debate where both speak the same language the odds would be pretty even for both
Also seems a tad sketchy that they would use a subjective poll that could be manipulated as the scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.