2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dudu

House Minority leader.. another one with class.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I did think the weight of scandals would make some kind of difference, in addition to Trump no longer being the outsider he pretended to be. And the quarter of a million dead Americans, of course.

I guess those things may have had an effect, since Biden could very well end up winning, but still. Ugh.
Yeah, some people must have changed their mind. Surprising really, with how stubborn people are once they've chosen a side.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Can you shed light please? I get the surge going Biden's way in the rust-belt, and that the votes still to be counted in Nevada should be more Dem friendly. But I don't get the certainty over Arizona one bit. Isn't the tide hugely in Trump's favour there?

Edit - plus they've already counted mail-in votes
No, Biden already outperformed by a large margin in Az. Its really unlikely Trump gets a win there.

Fergies Gum

What the feck is he talking about?
He' is spot on. A lot of people had high hopes that the Dems would win convingly. Make no bones about it, it has been a bad night for the Dems in the house/senate.

Cunningham lost (his personal scandal cost him the race). Graham won, Collins is holding on, Steve Bullock lost in Montana, Cornyn won comfortably in Texas.

In the house, the Dems have lost Max Rose, Collin Peterson, Debbie Mucarsel-Powell, Donna Shalala, Joe Cunningham, Xochitl Torres Small and Kendra Horn .

wr8_utd

:'(
Wisconsin and Michigan are stuck at a 21k and 18k lead respectively. Not moved in a bit.

RedDevil@84

I genuinely did think they were sort of "bouncing back", but if not even 4 years of obvious racism, misogyny, a lack of concern for human life and a authoritarian right-wing agenda has convinced more Americans that Trump needs to go
It is obvious that many Americans don't share your thoughts. Maybe they don't think Trump is racist enough or don't see any authoritarianism in their daily lives. You need to factor in that Trump firing XYZ candidate from WH, just because he doesn't like him/her or that Trump talks utter nonsense is irrelevant to many. Their lives are not any worse/better than it was before. They have voted for seasoned politicians for decades and have not seen their lives get any better. So why not vote this guy again.
The media (depending on what you read) may actually make you believe that Trump is evil, or he is stressing out millions and millions. But on the ground, maybe no one feels much different and are able to go about their daily lives like they used to.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
Wisconsin and Michigan are stuck at a 21k and 18k lead respectively. Not moved in a bit.
Wisconsin won't move very much now. Michigan will have another big vote dump at some point, probably get called then.

Abizzz

:lol: impressive.

I think I managed to time this right. Went to sleep circa 11pm UK time and woke up circa 4am UK time. Been glued to coverage since then.
I did the same but felt cheated when nothing was decided by 10 am. Witnessing everything since then made it worth it though.

Fergies Gum

The scary thing is that if the pandemic had not struck and ruined the economy, Trump would have won convincingly.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I did the same but felt cheated when nothing was decided by 10 am. Witnessing everything since then made it worth it though.
I stayed up all the way ffs. Going to sleep now knowing Biden should be safe.

Siorac

Cheers mate , so unless there’s a miracle in Ohio we won’t have a result today.
There might be a result if Georgia breaks for Biden in addition to Michigan and Wisconsin. That'd be pretty much game over.

RoadTrip

petitioned for a just cause
Yeah

In hindsight an extra hour of sleep would have been nice at the start but alas.

Glad I missed the hours I did though, I think it would have been depressing. Clocked in at the right time to see things moving a nice way

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
No, Biden already outperformed by a large margin in Az. Its really unlikely Trump gets a win there.
But how comes? Where are the rest of the ballots coming from? Because Biden was massively ahead in the early hours and now he's not, with only 82% reporting. Surely if the count follows the trend it has over the last few hours, Trump will win their comfortably?

neverdie

But how comes? Where are the rest of the ballots coming from? Because Biden was massively ahead in the early hours and now he's not, with only 82% reporting. Surely if the count follows the trend it has over the last few hours, Trump will win their comfortably?
It's beyond 98% reported. AZ is over. Biden wins.

Kaos

The scary thing is that if the pandemic had not struck and ruined the economy, Trump would have won convincingly.
I'm not sure tbh, the pandemic could have likely empowered his base too. Especially with his fear-mongering of Dems looking to shut down the economy, provoking conspiracy theories about the whole thing being an elaborate hoax etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.