2020 US Elections | Biden certified as President | Dems control Congress

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Still no signs of Biden’s stranglehold on the south abating, which will be a true sign of his viability.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Still no signs of Biden’s stranglehold on the south abating, which will be a true sign of his viability.

will be interesting to see how many people have dropped out after the first 2 or 3 states have voted... and where their votes go

Also I guess looking at the numbers there is around 22% not accounted for (I suppose not made their mind up yet?)

Red Dreams

Across the Universe....from Old Trafford.
But don't think you can go putting a group home or homeless shelter in their neighborhood.
If the party was serious about helping these people they can direct resources to make meaningful changes in their lives.
Firstly they would not fall through the cracks where they lose their homes or cannot afford one.
Rent control laws is one way.

So many other policies.

All you have to do is listen to what Bernie is saying.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
If the party was serious about helping these people they can direct resources to make meaningful changes in their lives.
Firstly they would not fall through the cracks where they lose their homes or cannot afford one.
Rent control laws is one way.

So many other policies.

All you have to do is listen to what Bernie is saying.
What I'm saying is that I've found that people who consider themselves socially liberal are exactly that until social liberalism shows up on their doorstep. So parties can say and do what they please but in practice the poor will still be ostracized and effectively ghettoized, no matter what help they receive.

Red Dreams

What I'm saying is that I've found that people who consider themselves socially liberal are exactly that until social liberalism shows up on their doorstep. So parties can say and do what they please but in practice the poor will still be ostracized and effectively ghettoized, no matter what help they receive.
I understood that.

I was talking about making real policies that would help these people climb out of poverty which is caused by existing policies which actually cause them to be in the position they are in.

Charlie Foley

Imagine that being the moment you stop watching the Daily Show every night. Everything else kept you captivated but this, THIS, is “too far.”

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I understood that.

I was talking about making real policies that would help these people climb out of poverty which is caused by existing policies which actually cause them to be in the position they are in.
It's hard to help everyone, as many people in that situation don't trust the hand that wants to help them but your country certainly needs a government for the people and not just the wealthy.

Charlie Foley

Maybe I'm missing some all important context, but what is Trevor calling Mayor Pete out about?
He lied a bit about African American support in South Carolina.
Yeah. There’s an Intercept article on one of the previous pages I think. Also, Pete’s website using a stock photo of a black woman and child on his page discussing his plans re African Americas. Except the photo is of a woman and her child in Kenya.

Suedesi

Yeah. There’s an Intercept article on one of the previous pages I think. Also, Pete’s website using a stock photo of a black woman and child on his page discussing his plans re African Americas. Except the photo is of a woman and her child in Kenya.
Got it, thanks

Red Dreams

It's hard to help everyone, as many people in that situation don't trust the hand that wants to help them but your country certainly needs a government for the people and not just the wealthy.
its not about handouts though.
But about creating polices that levels the playing field so everyone has the same opportunity.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
She might split votes from Biden and some Buttigieg suburban wine moms.
Sanders in 2019 is completely different to the first time he ran. Also I would still take it as it might possibly tank Biden and Warren.
It's more than possible but please, let the dead be. If she comes back alive, it's worse than zombie apocalypse.

InfiniteBoredom

Marquette poll out of Wisconsin is doomsday in numbers.

Trump’s economy and job approval both up by roughly 5 pts (same goes for decrease in impeachment support). Leads Biden and Sanders and tie Warren in H2H (within MoE, but again, roughly 5 pts up on the same poll last month).

Couple this with the NYT/Sienna poll then it’s clear he’s holding up well in battlegrounds, and impeachment is doing little to change that (yet).

Status
Not open for further replies.