2021 American Civil War

WPMUFC

MyPillow CEO and Donald Trump confidante Mike Lindell was seen leaving the Oval Office carrying notes that, upon closer inspection, appear to spell out for a series of incendiary, 11th-hour acts that the president should take to overturn the election.

Among the explosive proposals appears to be the phrase “…martial law if necessary.”
The title of his notes, in all capital letters, includes the words “TAKEN IMMEDIATELY TO SAVE THE … THE CONSTITUTION”
https://www.mediaite.com/news/mypil...pose-drastic-action-martial-law-if-necessary/

For feck SAKE!! They are still thinking about a coup!!!!

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
For feck SAKE!! They are still thinking about a coup!!!!
Here is a question: did the Capitol attack succeed or fail? Was the intended result to capture Pence and or Pelosi, start a siege/kidnap situation. After that Trump could have declared a state of emergency etc. Is that why Trump waited? In that case, it did not succeed.

Or did it achieve exactly what the planners wanted? Or was the outcome even beyond their expectations? Back to My Pillow Guy... The text he is holding is not ‘evidence of voter fraud’ as he told journalists. Rather It is advice, or instructions for actions to be taken - by Trump. “Invoke the insurrection act based on the sacking of the Capitol”, etc.

And it provides the president with a list of people (including a senior general) to place in key posts in a last ditch effort to hold on to power. Ideas are being delivered to Trump (maybe useful to use a ludicrous figure like My Pillow Guy?) In that case, it’s deadly serious. But, if so, who is the author? Clue: They can’t spell Fort Meade properly.)

Or is that too, just some more loony stuff from MPG? We will soon know, I suppose.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
As others have observed, if the attack on the Capitol was being carried out by actors unknown, would the President not have been moved to a secure location?

Salt Bailly

Auburn, not Ginger.
Of course the final death throes of the Trump Presidency heavily feature the involvement of someone called "the My Pillow guy".

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Trump has literally nothing to lose.

A lifelong of legal battle and shame? He probably going all out and had a cyanide for the last resort.

Even if they war sim it with only 1 percent has he'd take it as it meant everyone will burn down with him.

WPMUFC

“I think we all deserve a pardon,” Ryan insisted, before explaining how she and hundreds of others are now confronting the consequences of their actions. “I’m facing a prison sentence. I think I do not deserve that and from what I understand, every person is going to be arrested that was there, so I think everyone deserves a pardon, so I would ask the President of the United States to give me a pardon.”
https://www.mediaite.com/news/watch...y-from-trump-i-think-we-all-deserve-a-pardon/

:lol: :lol:

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Its got feck all to do with "what Trump has done". Its just to do with where right wing bollocks is most successfully pushed around the world and Trump is just a tool of that, not the orchestrator. Like Yanukovych in Ukraine, like Le Pen, Farage, Assange and all the rest. Some are more successful than others. For the pushers you have to look at the likes of Murdoch, the Mercer family, etc and ultimately Russia.

That Kenya stat is certainly interesting though.
Yeah, it's like there's a global hand book to being an alt right cnut or something. In The Netherlands, if you support Thierry Baudet, you automatically also support Trump, hate antifa and BLM and see cultural marxism everywhere.

The Thierry Baudet cult has it' s own quirk which stems from him styling himself as an intellectual where they make all these referenxes to Greek mythology and Latin phrases. Baudet even gave a short speech in Latin in parliament once. I though my head would explode from excessive cringesation.

God I hate Thierry Baudet. I hate him more than Trump.

Gehrman

Phallic connoisseur, unlike shamans
Of course the final death throes of the Trump Presidency heavily feature the involvement of someone called "the My Pillow guy".
I think it's going to be like Game Of Thrones. It's like Cersei not showing up to her trial. Joe Biden Inarguration is going to be loaded with wild fire planted by "my pillow guy" and that's why he's not going to be there.

Trequarista10

I've been working tons of overtime the last couple weeks and haven't had the time to read into this at all or actually understand wtf this is all about.

Can someone please give me (or link me to) a decent summary.

Amir

How was the Embassy move viewed in Israel ? Was it a popular move ?
Yes, as well as the recognition of the golan heights as Israel's and other moves. While Trump and his people have very much served Netanyahu, his moves were popular among people who are not Netanyahu's voters which at least partly explains why Trump has got such high ratings himself in Israel. People here mostly care about everything concerning Israel and look away from the other stuff he's done.

Amir

We are lucky Trump is an idiot, as well as some of his higher ranking and lower ranking supporters. Just thing what might have happened if those people were smart and cunning. The future Trumps will be (because it's difficult to be dumber than this).

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
We are lucky Trump is an idiot, as well as some of his higher ranking and lower ranking supporters. Just thing what might have happened if those people were smart and cunning. The future Trumps will be (because it's difficult to be dumber than this).
I think part of his charm is he talks likes an idiot. Hence so many idiots feels represented.

Tibs

Before he goes, I want Donny to reveal some real secrets and then go to a country he has been very favourable to and live his life.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool

Penna

Kind Moderator (with a bit of a mean streak)
Staff
They need to keep Trump occupied until he leaves office, so he doesn't end up pardoning these nutjobs. Provide a non-stop flow of KFC to Mar-a-lago if necessary. These people need to go to prison.
He won't have time to pardon them, because they haven't been convicted of anything yet. I don't think they've realised this.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
He won't have time to pardon them, because they haven't been convicted of anything yet. I don't think they've realised this.
They don’t have to be convicted of anything, or even specifically charged. Pardons are a strange little thing.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I don't think they went in thinking they'd be pardoned. Rather, they went in thinking there was no chance whatsoever that they'd be charged with anything in the first place.

Which is remarkable.

I don't know what is more remarkable: the fact some treated the whole thing as a bit of a laugh (look at how they act) - or that some thought it a good idea to commit a pretty serious crime without concealing their identities (taking selfies and posting it on social media).

The whole business is bizarre on all kinds of levels.

Mike Smalling

You don’t need to be convicted to be pardoned. You only have to have committed a federal crime.

tombombadil

I don't think they went in thinking they'd be pardoned. Rather, they went in thinking there was no chance whatsoever that they'd be charged with anything in the first place.

Which is remarkable.

I don't know what is more remarkable: the fact some treated the whole thing as a bit of a laugh (look at how they act) - or that some thought it a good idea to commit a pretty serious crime without concealing their identities (taking selfies and posting it on social media).

Two words. White privilege.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Two words. White privilege.
Yes - that's an obvious take. And - yes - their sense of entitlement certainly has something to do with it, if we're talking about motivation.

But still - part of the mindset of these people is that their privilege is under threat (from communists, Obama, aliens who favour brown, gay people...or whatever). That's pretty much their raison d'être - considered as a movement: they want to protect their 'Murica from the forces that seek to corrupt it.

And they know (they must know) that those forces are very powerful (they managed to rig the election, after all) - but still, when it comes down to it, they treat this ultimate moment of "patriotism" as a bit of a college prank, all said and done.

I don't know - I can't take them seriously. And at the same time they obviously constitute a threat.

Abizzz

Which is remarkable.

They thought they'd change the course of an election and country by storming the capitol with a mob of maga rednecks. I'd be more surprised if they had thought the crime part of it through.