2021 Sheep Draft

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Round 10 - All That Glitters

At the 2004 UEFA Jubilee Awards, each UEFA association chose it's best player from the last 50 years as it's Golden Player. Choose a club teammate (defined as playing for the same club in the same season) of any of these Golden Players.

Please send your first selection in the next 24 hours.
You simply mean a player who played with a golden player for at least 12 months in the same club?

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
You simply mean a player who played with a golden player for at least 12 months in the same club?
Both the Selected Player and the Golden Player have to have played one match for the same club in the same season.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Quite ballsy there for a third pick @Chesterlestreet - strongly considered him for my first pick!
Glad you didn't go for him - needed someone half plausible for my midfield combo.

Funny, though - your man in this round would've been very welcome for me too. But I didn't consider him - being fairly sure he was too old for the '99 party. Should have known he wasn't, of course - but there you go: lucky miss, as it turned out.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
That is not good for your health. If you want to drop off and let me take over the team, I am game :lol:
:lol::lol: With my hit and miss enthusiasm for match threads that idea does have it's appeal.

You got lucky, I already had wingers! He was first on my list :lol:
In fairness I had a gander through the squads and thought that most people had more pressing priorities than a winger, especially you :D.

Pnut and pat are some of the favourites for sure but himann, kenigma and EAP are also part of the discussion about who is leading this draft in terms of strategy and likely or have a strong potential to win it.
You're right up there mate in terms of both lack of sheep and player quality, especially after nabbing Shevchenko - couldn't work out where you were going formation-wise and thought you might be dabbling with a no striker system, but everything is looking far more menacing with Sheva to complement that great selection of attackers. @Himannv is looking incredible it must be said. I've blundered into a few more top-tier GOAT-types but in terms of balance and lack of weak links he's unassailable at the minute, even with the brutal Boniek injury.

Pat_Mustard

Glad you didn't go for him - needed someone half plausible for my midfield combo.

Funny, though - your man in this round would've been very welcome for me too. But I didn't consider him - being fairly sure he was too old for the '99 party. Should have known he wasn't, of course - but there you go: lucky miss, as it turned out.
I was hoping most people wouldn't consider researching the old bastard as he's associated with an earlier era. Love that midfield duo by the way - I had a 'Road to Damascus' moment with Dunga a few years back as @Šjor Bepo can probably testify, and I've loved Wim since I first discovered him. With Rivera ahead of them it 's a superb unit all told.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Didn't catch everything, why is a player crossed out in each team?

Round 10 Selection 1 Results

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 10 Selection 1 Results

Sjor Bepo - PASS
Kazi - PASS
Himannv - PASS
Edgar Allan Pillow - PASS
Isotope - FAIL (Antonio Cabrini)
Enigma_87/King Kendrick - PASS
Ecstatic - PASS
P-Nut - PASS
Chesterlestreet - PASS
Physiocrat - FAIL (Antonio Cabrini)
BorisDeLeFora - FAIL (Player Already Drafted)
Pat_Mustard - PASS
Skizzo - PASS

Banned List

Manuel Amoros, Roberto Baggio, Franz Beckenbauer, Giuseppe Bergomi, Garry Birtles, Andreas Brehme, Tarcisio Burgnich, Antonio Cabrini, Carlos Alberto, Bobby Charlton, Ashley Cole, Dani Alves, Marcel Desailly, Alfredo Di Stefano, Eusebio, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Eric Gerets, Nestor Goncalves, Achraf Hakimi, Robert Jonquet, Junior, Roy Keane, Raymond Kopa, Lou Macari, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Luka Modric, Adrian Mutu, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Park Ji-Sung, Daniel Passarella, Jean-Marie Pfaff, Ferenc Puskas, Frank Rijkaard, Romario, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Socrates, Darijo Srna, Jaap Stam, Wim Suurbier, Francesco Toldo, Marco van Basten, Mark van Bommel, Matias Vecino, Javier Zanetti, Zico

Please send your second selection in the next 12 hours @Isotope @Physiocrat @BorisDeLeFora

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
at least we have boris who will block himself

Pat_Mustard

I really thought @Pat_Mustard will block us on that, but happy the pick made it through.
:D I think I can guess who you've picked. If I'm right he was very high up on my list of 5 or 6 players that I considered for my first pick here but I thought my guy was more likely to slip under the radar.

Enigma_87

You know who
:D I think I can guess who you've picked. If I'm right he was very high up on my list of 5 or 6 players that I considered for my first pick here but I thought my guy was more likely to slip under the radar.
Pool was quite deep, but yeah trying to guess most picks yours was the one I worried the most :D given you were the last to pick though I would guess you didn’t go with one of the obvious ones which was good.

So many good teams would be very hard to separate for the first round.

himannv, Ecstatic and P-nut are smashing it at the moment so the rest have to play catch up.

Pat_Mustard

Pool was quite deep, but yeah trying to guess most picks yours was the one I worried the most :D given you were the last to pick though I would guess you didn’t go with one of the obvious ones which was good.

So many good teams would be very hard to separate for the first round.

himannv, Ecstatic and P-nut are smashing it at the moment so the rest have to play catch up.
Last few rounds could be pivotal here as they'll determine who has to play sheep. Several really strong teams here but Himannv is the only one that looks near-flawless to me in terms of balance and no weak links.

Round 10 Selection 2 Results

Michaelf7777777

(∪。∪)。。。zzz
Round 10 Selection 2 Results

Isotope - PASS
Physiocrat - FAIL (Player Already Selected)
BorisDeLeFora - PASS

Banned List

Manuel Amoros, Roberto Baggio, Franz Beckenbauer, Giuseppe Bergomi, Garry Birtles, Andreas Brehme, Tarcisio Burgnich, Antonio Cabrini, Carlos Alberto, Bobby Charlton, Ashley Cole, Dani Alves, Marcel Desailly, Alfredo Di Stefano, Eusebio, Paulo Roberto Falcao, Eric Gerets, Nestor Goncalves, Achraf Hakimi, Robert Jonquet, Junior, Roy Keane, Raymond Kopa, Lou Macari, Paolo Maldini, Diego Maradona, Lionel Messi, Luka Modric, Adrian Mutu, Pavel Nedved, Alessandro Nesta, Park Ji-Sung, Daniel Passarella, Jean-Marie Pfaff, Ferenc Puskas, Frank Rijkaard, Romario, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Socrates, Darijo Srna, Jaap Stam, Wim Suurbier, Francesco Toldo, Marco van Basten, Mark van Bommel, Matias Vecino, Javier Zanetti, Zico

Please send your third selection in the next 12 hours @Physiocrat

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Yes..

The pool is shrinking fast, like my merino wool sweater.