2021 Summer Olympics (Tokyo)

Agent Red

Oh wow, real beef amongst the Jamaican women :lol: not exactly rushing to congratulate her

Deery

Dreary
The two Jamaican women coming across as two real bitches here haha!

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Thompson-Herah called out her OR before crossing the line :lol:

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
Flawless execution from Thomson. Into a slight headwind too, and given Flo-Jo’s record had a hurricane behind it, that’s the fastest legal race I’ve seen in the women’s 100m.

Lj82

Taiwanese duo upset the Chinese in badminton men's doubles to claim gold. Quite a result

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Taiwanese duo upset the Chinese in badminton men's doubles to claim gold. Quite a result
Love to see it. Great race in the 100m too. Amazing by all three medalists. Shame about the post race weirdness.

anant

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Flawless execution from Thomson. Into a slight headwind too, and given Flo-Jo’s record had a hurricane behind it, that’s the fastest legal race I’ve seen in the women’s 100m.
You never know how legal the race was tbf. Can always get a case of a few of the athletes having taken banned substances

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I think it's brilliant when there's a bit of needle between dominant athletes of any sport. Think it adds to the spectacle.

LDUred

Yeah so looking forward to that Men's 4x100 medley relay with Greenbank, Peaty & Scott all in the same team WOW, who is swimming the Butterfly in this because can't remember off the top of my head
GB have Adam Peaty. Seriously, the guy is to swimming was Bolt was to sprinting - a man from 30 years in the future. He's so far above the competition he doesn't look like he's swimming against other men. In Rio he basically single-handedly won them a medal in the medley relay
Peaty is Peaty. 100m breaststroke is an event he has utterly dominated and no-one can get near him currently or historically. But Guy also added a 50 in the fly, which is world class.

I do feel slightly for James Guy in particular because he is absolutely flying in these games and he could have medalled individually. Still, he has two gold medals to his name.

The men's medley will be fireworks and I fancy the US to win it from behind.

Last edited:

Agent Red

I think it's brilliant when there's a bit of needle between dominant athletes of any sport. Think it adds to the spectacle.
I agree when of different nationalities but when a nation sweeps the board it's a special thing and you'd hope they'd be able to put personal rivalries aside for a second, or at least make it a bit less obvious. From memory when the Jamaican men got a 1,2,3 previously they were very much as a unit, but maybe that's because Bolt was so heavily the favourite the rivalry wasn't as strong. Sprinting is also notable for the bigger 'personalities' and that being part of the sport.

I can see why some people like it but it was a GB 1,2,3 I'd like to see them pleased for each other and for me the excitement of the Games is more about the team success rather than individual.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Peaty is Peaty. 100m is an event he has utterly dominated and no-one can get near him currently or historically. But Guy also added a 50 in the fly, which is a world class time.

I do feel slightly for James Guy in particular because he is absolutely flying in these games and he could have medalled individually. Still, he has two gold medals to his name.

The men's medley will be fireworks and I fancy the US.
50.00 with a flying start, but in line with his personal best. Yeah, great split from him

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
I agree when of different nationalities but when a nation sweeps the board it's a special thing and you'd hope they'd be able to put personal rivalries aside for a second, or at least make it a bit less obvious. From memory when the Jamaican men got a 1,2,3 previously they were very much as a unit, but maybe that's because Bolt was so heavily the favourite the rivalry wasn't as strong. Sprinting is also notable for the bigger 'personalities' and that being part of the sport.

I can see why some people like it but it was a GB 1,2,3 I'd like to see them pleased for each other and for me the excitement of the Games is more about the team success rather than individual.
Completely take your points. For me, in an individual event, the 'self' comes before the team/ nation. Particularly when you're duking it out for the tag of fastest woman alive, as SAFP and ETF were. Think it's very hard to vye for such a mantle and then flick a switch seconds after it's over and hug for the cameras. Particularly if there was a bit of animosity between the two, as it appears there was in this instance.

I think I'm just cynical, but I almost find it a bit artificial when athletes show each other so much love at the end of a race! I feel for them too as they probably feel the pressure to appear gracious in defeat, particulalry when competing against a compatriot, when their immediate, internal reaction is likely very different. So seeing a bit of needle felt quite refreshing and human, in a weird way!

Dan

Just watching the bmx park qualifying highlights, the final will be something else.