Gaming 2021 Video Games

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
I'm a bit out of the loop on upcoming releases, so what are you all looking forward to most this year? I've got a small list of single-player games I'll be picking up, but outside that it's looking like my spending this year will be quite low. Haven't picked up anything this year yet, aside from DLCs.

April: Humankind. 4X strategy from Amplitude that looks like it's going to be incredible. One for Civ fans to check out.
May: Mass Effect LE. My favourite trilogy ever is getting remade? First game I've ever preordered.
TBA (Prob Sep/Oct): Total War: Warhammer 3. By far my most anticipated. and has been for about 3 years I'll probably have to build a new gaming PC for this alone.
TBA: Horizon Forbidden West.
TBA: Prehistoric Kingdom- hopefully the game that Jurassic World Evolution should have been, Looks great and is just heading into the Alpha stage. Supposedly 1.0 will be released Q2 this year, but I'll be surprised.

Raw

Well first I'd need to somehow get a PS5, but I am looking forward to Ratchet and Clank, Horizon and God of War on it. In the meantime I can bide my time on the PS4 with the Mass Effect trilogy (though some of the screenshots don't look as good as it can be) and Psychonauts 2.

There's also games like Deathloop, Far Cry 6 and a potentially fixed Cyberpunk that I'm interested in. But first I wanna get through my backlog of games before I start more!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Everything has been pushed back so I haven't really got much to look forward too. Mainly PS5 games. Maybe Far Cry 6? Could be good.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm a bit out of the loop on upcoming releases, so what are you all looking forward to most this year? I've got a small list of single-player games I'll be picking up, but outside that it's looking like my spending this year will be quite low. Haven't picked up anything this year yet, aside from DLCs.

April: Humankind. 4X strategy from Amplitude that looks like it's going to be incredible. One for Civ fans to check out.
May: Mass Effect LE. My favourite trilogy ever is getting remade? First game I've ever preordered.
TBA (Prob Sep/Oct): Total War: Warhammer 3. By far my most anticipated. and has been for about 3 years I'll probably have to build a new gaming PC for this alone.
TBA: Horizon Forbidden West.
TBA: Prehistoric Kingdom- hopefully the game that Jurassic World Evolution should have been, Looks great and is just heading into the Alpha stage. Supposedly 1.0 will be released Q2 this year, but I'll be surprised.
Other than Horizon, nothing there interests me.

My priority is
Getting a PS5
Next Gen Cyberpunk 2077
Next Gen PES 2022

Probably Demon Souls/Horizon too but not hyped as I am for the above.

When's Elden Ring coming?

Nickosaur

I've been craving Battlefield recently. I know BFV was a disappointment, and while I did enjoy BF1, I'm hoping a return to modern day warfare in BF6 will bring the franchise back to its best.

Otherwise, I've still got a ton of old games from last year to play. Death Stranding, Horizon Zero Dawn, Cyberpunk (when its been fixed). I'm on PC with Game Pass so dont' really need the Xbox anymore. Might get a PS5 in 2022.

Rustyspider13

Just finished Yakuza 7, will continue catching up on 2020 games like Miles Morales and Immortals in the first half of 2021. Looking at the release schedule for PS4 and Switch and it seems barren. Not surprising of course. Will probably pick up Bravely Default 2 and Mass Effect at some point.

For the latter part of the year, I hope to get a PS5 by fall alongside Demons' Souls, R&C Rift Apart and Horizon FW. I don't see God of War making it this year. Any release info on Elden Ring would be welcome, even if it is something absurd like 2023.

Havak

Pokemon master
Honestly, I expect Covid to have effected development of more games scheduled for 2021 than 2020. We will probably have more delays this year, although some may not necessarily be seen as delays considering they didn't have releases announced prior.

I can see it being a very slow year for Microsoft and I expect Sony to struggle to release everything they wanted to.

Nintendo will have games pushed back as well, but they have some of their biggest franchises having games released this year for sure. Pokemon & Zelda have big anniversaries this year, while the next Monster Hunter game is out in March and is exclusive to the Switch for now. They'll be plenty more, so I think for this year Nintendo will probably have the most amount of big releases and some high quality.

Sony will release some high quality titles, but not a massive amount of them. I wouldn't be surprised if they only get 3-4 games out this year but they'll be good.

Chairman Steve

Would be nice to see more Elden Ring.

Other than that I’ll be checking out what the HL mod community has made with the VR assets of HL:Alyx, as well as Pavlov aka the unofficial CSGO VR game.