2022 US Elections

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Brilliant comedy. Fully expecting this to be in Jaime Foxx’s next standup special.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion

:drool:
The good thing about this is that it would be so easy for them to go down the stolen election route again, but apart from crazies like Lake this doesn't seem to happening, the narrative is much more an argument over whether it was Trump's or McConnell's fault and implicit in that argument is an acceptance of the vote.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
So quick question

what is it bout the house races that are still not counted that makes them take longer than the other races?

they seem to be split over several states (im assuming each state has its own rules?) ... and why once people have counted one race cant they be sent to help the count in rces that are taking several days longer?

InfiniteBoredom

This may reads like a massive cope, but my feeling is D losing the House with a razor thin margin while holding the Senate is actually a best case scenario for them from an electioneering/2024 perspective. Let congressional Rs rip themselves to shreds, setting up monkey courts, giving MTG and BoBo a platform, while Senate continues undoing the dmg in the courts/federal agencies. And you at least have someone to share the blame for the coming recession.

Pelosi can whip votes together, but Manchin and Sinema will just let them die in committees. All hell will break lose if they hold the House with 1 or 2 vote majority and fail to codify Roe as promised.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
This may reads like a massive cope, but my feeling is D losing the House with a razor thin margin while holding the Senate is actually a best case scenario for them from an electioneering/2024 perspective. Let congressional Rs rip themselves to shreds, setting up monkey courts, giving MTG and BoBo a platform, while Senate continues undoing the dmg in the courts/federal agencies. And you at least have someone to share the blame for the coming recession.

Pelosi can whip votes together, but Manchin and Sinema will just let them die in committees. All hell will break lose if they hold the House with 1 or 2 vote majority and fail to codify Roe as promised.
It’s going to be basically a toss up, for good or for bad. I heard something the other day that it was rare that the entire House would have all its members present for various reasons (death, delay in setting up special elections, sickness, legal issues), so control could actually swing back & forth with some frequency these next two years.

Beans

Supports
Neutral
Thank goodness we have the 2nd Amendment, so we don't turn out like Oz.

You really out yourself when you insult someone who did nothing. Someone is crazy for sure.

Of course you should charge someone who is arrested, I think they have 24 hours, but this being Federal maybe the rules are different. Also it would come under the Patriot Act as terrorism, where you have no rights.

mariachi-19

I may be the devil, but i'm not a monster
Thank goodness we have the 2nd Amendment, so we don't turn out like Oz.

I never really understood why Americans see a reason to attack Australia. We are literally a better version of the joint in every way. (Sorry American gang but we’re a pretty good place to live)

If your reasons are COVID lock downs and gun laws, I got news for you.

atkar83

I never really understood why Americans see a reason to attack Australia. We are literally a better version of the joint in every way. (Sorry American gang but we’re a pretty good place to live)

If your reasons are COVID lock downs and gun laws, I got news for you.
Their base eats it up because they never get countered in real time. I guess 60 mins is more of an interview type show so the host didn't challenge her much on the things she said, but when right wingers see this, they see no opposition to what she's saying about Australia, even though it can be very easily debunked.