2022 US Elections

Revan

Assumptionman
I know it wasn't a bad election by dems by any means, but honestly, even if Georgia goes for Warnock, which it probably will, i can't help but feel they blew it in the senate.

Yes, i knew "experts" predicted GOP to actually retake the senate, but i never believed in a red wave to begin with, so 51 is a bit underwhelming, they should have flipped one of Ohio, NC or WI imo, and the reason for that is the senate map in 2024 is God-awful.

Kinda feels like Manchins time is up, so they have to keep every other seat in some very tough races.
I think only WI was realistic. Ohio at this stage is a deep red state (same as Florida).

Having 51 seats is very good, cause Mancin at times can vote against his party, which might help him get re-elected in 2 years. We saw how he got reelected pretty comfortably 4 years ago despite being in arguably the reddest state of them all. The map definitely favors GOP in 2 years though, and with presidential elections going on (which means that more people vote), I expect them to get the Senate.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I think only WI was realistic. Ohio at this stage is a deep red state (same as Florida).

Having 51 seats is very good, cause Mancin at times can vote against his party, which might help him get re-elected in 2 years. We saw how he got reelected pretty comfortably 4 years ago despite being in arguably the reddest state of them all. The map definitely favors GOP in 2 years though, and with presidential elections going on (which means that more people vote), I expect them to get the Senate.
The Senate will follow the Presidential election in 2 years, so if the Dems do well, it will likely reflect in Senate results as well. If the Rs run DeSantis against Biden, it could go the other way as well.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

I have a hard time seeing him winning again, especially not if the current WV governor decides to run.

Revan

Assumptionman
I have a hard time seeing him winning again, especially not if the current WV governor decides to run.
Yeah, if the governor runs, Manchin will probably lose. Otherwise, he will likely win again. In any case, it is a vulnerable seat, and if he decides to not run, GOP wins it by 30 points.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Tomorrow, the fascists at the Supreme Court will decide whether or not democracy is worth having anymore.

At least dems picked up a few state legislatures, and they play the same game republicans will do.

WPMUFC

The icing on the cake of the Georgia election would be walker conceding before the results came out.

I was watching Sam Seder yesterday and they said Walker took a 5 day break during the run off...... :lol:

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Polls close at 700P. If Fulton et al post their numbers relatively quickly like they did for the GE, tonight may be wrapped up pretty early for Warnock.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Is Nick Adams a parody? I’ve lost the will to look into these things these days
He's a MAGA bootlicker that goes over the top on purpose on occasions to try to conceal he's a total MAGA bootlicker. Pretty embarassing.

The United

It looks tight right now. Warnock is 60 points ahead at 53% reporting. Hopefully, the majority of the rest would be from Dem-heavy countries.