2024 U.S. Elections

InfiniteBoredom

What he conveniently didn't say is that Trump is using public donations to fund his legal defense, instead of using it to campaign.
Ds are still raising more regardless, the RNC raised $20m for the whole month of February.

Although it must be said that trapping donors into recurring donations didn’t endear them to the scammed one bit.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
In 2020, there were Americans arrested by unidentified masked agents who were put in unidentified cars and taken to unknown locations. Protesters were pepper sprayed at Lafayette Square so that Trump could take a photo with the Bible upside down.
What happened to the protesters who were taken away? Did they reappear or were they shot (genuinely asking as I don't know what happened in this instance)?

No, but he did ask his defense secretary if he could bring in the army and shoot protesters in the legs. The DefSec was not MAGA enough to say “sure”, but I have the feeling the next one would not be so constitutionally curious.
OK so its a hypothetical then?

I'm being a bit flippant really but I don't get how, after all that's happened, people can't get why some people might feel so strongly about what is happening in Gaza that they can't tolerate voting for Biden? You may not agree with that personally and the issue may be dwarfed by others in terms of importance for you personally (referencing the OP, not you guys specifically). Both of these stances I think are understandable.

But at this stage, some of the defences don't add up. Biden's hands aren't tied. He's actively participating. He says one thing one day and then sells billions of dollars worth of high tech aircraft to Israel the next. The argument was that was at least, unlike the orange nutjob, he'd be more amenable to pressure from his base. 6 months in and beyond some moronic air drops/ flotilla aid idea, that idea doesn't seem to be going so well either.

I assume the (idiotic) single protestor was essentially trying to say ' you know these things that you find really important? That would be distressing for you to lose, as distressing as this war/genocide is for me? I want you to feel it, same way I'm feeling now'. Childish and emotional of course. But also not exactly so surprising that people would have such strong reactions to such events.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
So, i guess dems are going to throw away a bunch of money in Florida(again), because abortion will be on the ballot.

That is one way to throw away the election, Florida is not in play, at all.

Dems don't even need the state, so why do they obsess over it every election? Just let it go.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So, i guess dems are going to throw away a bunch of money in Florida(again), because abortion will be on the ballot.

That is one way to throw away the election, Florida is not in play, at all.

Dems don't even need the state, so why do they obsess over it every election? Just let it go.
Abortion on the ballot means it's very much in play, results in much redder states indicate that.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Abortion on the ballot means it's very much in play, results in much redder states indicate that.
And even if the presidency and senate seat are not in play, enshrining reproductive rights into the state constitution is a battle worth fighting.

Cal?

CR7 fan
And even if the presidency and senate seat are not in play, enshrining reproductive rights into the state constitution is a battle worth fighting.
Very much so, I don't understand how the US can be so backwards with regards to aborton and the idiotic pro-birth GOP.

Make no mistake, they are not pro-life, they don't care if the mother dies, they are just pro-birth.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Very much so, I don't understand how the US can be so backwards with regards to aborton and the idiotic pro-birth GOP.

Make no mistake, they are not pro-life, they don't care if the mother dies, they are just pro-birth.
The Tennessee House GOP just voted to not even debate a bill that would provide family leave for state employees who take in foster kids. Remember, it is not now, nor has it ever been, about the kids.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Of course, dems should mobilize for the referendum, they should fight for that.

Its not going to change anything for president or senate though, that is all, as Florida is just a red state now.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Of course, dems should mobilize for the referendum, they should fight for that.

Its not going to change anything for president or senate though, that is all, as Florida is just a red state now.
If a democrat can be governor in Kentucky mainly running on abortion rights, I don't see why it won't put Florida in play.

Mike Smalling

With 85% reporting, "Uninstructed" is now up to 42,585 votes in the Wisconsin Democratic Primary. That is approximately double the margin Biden won the state with in 2020. The goal of the protest vote campaign was 20,000.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
With 85% reporting, "Uninstructed" is now up to 42,585 votes in the Wisconsin Democratic Primary. That is approximately double the margin Biden won the state with in 2020. The goal of the protest vote campaign was 20,000.
As said before, they set the goals so low they are guaranteed to surpass it.

Mike Smalling

As said before, they set the goals so low they are guaranteed to surpass it.
I'd be less concerned with the arbitrary goal they set, and more concerned that they have easily surpassed Biden's 2020 winning margin.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
If a democrat can be governor in Kentucky mainly running on abortion rights, I don't see why it won't put Florida in play.
Florida is a state where culture wars and owning the libs sells better than anywhere else, while culture wars flopped for the republicans in most of the country, Florida went all in on it, and won in a landslide, it tells you a lot about the electorate there.

Its also a state that overestimate dems in the polls, and the trends in that state only points one way, to the right.

Kentucky having a dem governor doesn't mean much of anything, its just one guy being popular, with huge name recognition at that.

The last point, dems don't need the state, and its much cheaper to win elections in other states anyway.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I'd be less concerned with the arbitrary goal they set, and more concerned that they have easily surpassed Biden's 2020 winning margin.
Yeah, well, Trump isn't getting the numbers he had in 2020 either.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Florida is a state where culture wars and owning the libs sells better than anywhere else, while culture wars flopped for the republicans in most of the country, Florida went all in on it, and won in a landslide, it tells you a lot about the electorate there.

Its also a state that overestimate dems in the polls, and the trends in that state only points one way, to the right.

Kentucky having a dem governor doesn't mean much of anything, its just one guy being popular, with huge name recognition at that.

The last point, dems don't need the state, and its much cheaper to win elections in other states anyway.
That is very true, but at the same time, win FL and that's that, Trump literally has no path without Florida.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Beshear (Kentucky Gov) is also the son of a very popular form Kentucky gov, so that helped with name ID. Also, running against a lunatic for his first term helped.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Beshear (Kentucky Gov) is also the son of a very popular form Kentucky gov, so that helped with name ID. Also, running against a lunatic for his first term helped.
I'm not saying abortion was the only factor for his win in Kentucky, but it certainly played a big role.

Abortion issues has not lost even once since Dobbs anywhere in the US.

Biden is also running against a lunatic. :nervous:

Cal?

CR7 fan
Incidently, looks like AZ, NV will get abortion on the ballot too.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I'm not saying abortion was the only factor for his win in Kentucky, but it certainly played a big role.

Abortion issues has not lost even once since Dobbs anywhere in the US.

Biden is also running against a lunatic. :nervous:
He was elected in 2019, well before Roe was overturned, so his appeal goes well beyond abortion. The name recognition factor alone is massive.

RedDevilQuebecois

How long do you think Biden will take until he starts pummeling RFK Jr. for being a total hack?

Farron Cousins from The Ring of Fire has had enough, especially after CNN allowed Jr. to spout that kind of bullshit on Monday.

ManUtd1999

Yes, but some people there might be getting tired of these culture wars.

RedDevilQuebecois

I say that's it. Someone needs to pummel that cnut mercilessly in mainstream news from now 'til November.

Are you for fecking real, Junior?

Last edited:

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I say that's it. Someone needs to pummel that cnut mercilessly in mainstream news from now 'til November.

Are you for fecking real, Junior?
Those video games certainly explain all those shootings in...checks notes...Japan?

Cal?

CR7 fan
Those video games certainly explain all those shootings in...checks notes...Japan?
It’s not only Japan, those same video games and anti-depressants are available in most countries in the world and none of them have as many mass shooting.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Will be a Dem talking point, but in the end won't count for much if rents, gas, and groceries still seem much higher today than 5 years ago.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout

he needs to very obviously run on traditional stuff ("they're coming for social security and abortion") instead of crowing about the economy or how he's tough on immigration.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

he needs to very obviously run on traditional stuff ("they're coming for social security and abortion") instead of crowing about the economy or how he's tough on immigration.
Why can't he do both? The economy is actually doing pretty well generally, no sense in them pretending it's not. Doesn't mean you can't talk about healthcare or abortion too.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Republicans ranked their own border deal, and people blames the Dems for it.

I actually think its impossible for dems to win on this issue in the eyes of the public.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Will be a Dem talking point, but in the end won't count for much if rents, gas, and groceries still seem much higher today than 5 years ago.

This isn't a "seem"; food and rent are literally much higher now than 2018. About 30% higher.

Sure, you can say the reasons aren't Biden's fault but the reality is food and rent are actually much higher and the price increase outpaces wage increases by quite a margin.