2024 U.S. Elections

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I'm a little but surprised DeSantis actually decided to run. I know he was anointed the saviour of the GOP a while back, but Trump has turned out to be effectively unkillable as far as GOP politics goes, and has been making a fool out of him for months now.

I can definitely see DeSantis winning the primary, but I'm not sure I see Trump or the true Trumpists ever conceding or supporting him in any way. I guess we were all surprised at how easily Jeb Bush-voters or Ted Cruz-voters jumped ship, but those guys aren't Trump. It's going to be brutal. Hopefully.

Am I crazy for thinking this could legitimately ruin his (national) political career for good?
If De Santics loses to Trump in this primary, I agree his national career is finished. By 2028 they'll have moved on to the next post-Trumpian and De Santis will be old news.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
If De Santics loses to Trump in this primary, I agree his national career is finished. By 2028 they'll have moved on to the next post-Trumpian and De Santis will be old news.
He's young enough that I don't think the final nail will be driven into the coffin. He might just pull a Nixon.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
The La Cosa Nostra wing of MAGA still not warming to anti-woke crusader, Ron DeSantis.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Bannon schooling Marge on how to cram as much invented word salad nonsense into one sentence.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
@nimic You said in another thread that bad shit was going to happen in my country in the coming years, it could be in the coming months...

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
The La Cosa Nostra wing of MAGA still not warming to anti-woke crusader, Ron DeSantis.

You joke but Michael Franzese and Sammy Gravano are shilling for Trump pretty regularly on their youtube channels.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
@nimic You said in another thread that bad shit was going to happen in my country in the coming years, it could be in the coming months...

We just got back from Florida and some of the flags and bumper sticker are genuinely somewhat terrifying. There are a lot of legit nutters out there basing their entire personality around Trump and guns, and a hatred of dems.

We saw a truck driving onto a family beach with two flags flying from the back of the truck bed, one “FECK BIDEN” and one US Flag but with the punisher logo over it. Also saw a number of oath keeper stickers and 2A ones etc. including one car with a “be kind” sticker in the rear window, right next to a hello kitty holding an AR15 and the words “come take it”.

DeSantis vs Trump has the potential to send some of these people off the deep end, they’re not healthy.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
You joke but Michael Franzese and Sammy Gravano are shilling for Trump pretty regularly on their youtube channels.
I know. Trump is the same generation as them and they like his retro vibe - a throwback to the pre PC and wokeness days.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
We just got back from Florida and some of the flags and bumper sticker are genuinely somewhat terrifying. There are a lot of legit nutters out there basing their entire personality around Trump and guns, and a hatred of dems.

We saw a truck driving onto a family beach with two flags flying from the back of the truck bed, one “FECK BIDEN” and one US Flag but with the punisher logo over it. Also saw a number of oath keeper stickers and 2A ones etc. including one car with a “be kind” sticker in the rear window, right next to a hello kitty holding an AR15 and the words “come take it”.

DeSantis vs Trump has the potential to send some of these people off the deep end, they’re not healthy.
Were you in the Daytona Beach area?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
That area, along with the Panama City area, are lovingly referred to as the ‘Redneck Riverias.’ It seems you had quite the helping of what the locals had to offer.
I believe it’s just the area from Panama City to Pensacola, although one could make an argument that all of FL north of Ocala are redneck areas.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I believe it’s just the area from Panama City to Pensacola, although one could make an argument that all of FL north of Ocala are redneck areas.
PCB is the main area as it is still anchored by Club LaVela, but necks in the eastern part of the I-4 corridor have wanted to attain some of the same clout.

Florida - above Ocala, it is backwards; below Ocala, it is one big neon light.

Fergies Gum

That just backfired spectacularly for De Santis and Musk. Technical issues with Twitter Spaces and you can barely hear anything :lol:

Fergies Gum

This is just so bad. You can only hear audio and its so obvious De Santis is reading from a piece of paper.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
That just backfired spectacularly for De Santis and Musk. Technical issues with Twitter Spaces and you can barely hear anything :lol:
the neuralink monkeys better watch out tonight... wouldn't want to face musk's temper tantrum

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
He's young enough that I don't think the final nail will be driven into the coffin. He might just pull a Nixon.
De Santis is so wooden and unlikable I wouldn't mind him trying again and I fear some Jeryd Mencken type that can actually be just smoother enough to be more electable.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
De Santis is so wooden and unlikable I wouldn't mind him trying again and I fear some Jeryd Mencken type that can actually be just smoother enough to be more electable.
I will continually worry about the next iteration of cons. For a long while, DeSantis encapsulated a younger, more politically savvy, & more photogenic version of Trump; they will unfortunately keep morphing towards a Mencken figure. One day it just might catch.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
What's his constituency then? Is it exclusively very right wing voters who dislike Trump's presentation?

Raoul

Admin
Staff
What's his constituency then? Is it exclusively very right wing voters who dislike Trump's presentation?
People who like Trump but think he has too much politician baggage. DeSantis is framing himself as the younger option who isn’t in danger of going to prison.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
People who like Trump but think he has too much politician baggage. DeSantis is framing himself as the younger option who isn’t in danger of going to prison.
That's still not enough for him to win, Trump in jail will still beat him