2024 U.S. Elections

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Looks like dems are feeling all optimistic about this Wisconsin supreme court race, but they shouldn't forget that its a state thats generally been trending red over the years, and they re-elected a cartoon villain to the senate just a few months ago.

Wisconsin is not a state i would rely on to do the right thing.
Not sure this is true, especially at the state level. Currently the only state wide Republican is Johnson, and he barely won re-election on the back of an absolutely diabolical racist campaign. The Gov is a Dem (he replaced Scott Walker, and Rep), and he just won re-election.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Not sure this is true, especially at the state level. Currently the only state wide Republican is Johnson, and he barely won re-election on the back of an absolutely diabolical racist campaign. The Gov is a Dem (he replaced Scott Walker, and Rep), and he just won re-election.
It shifted back ever so slightly in the 2020 election, before that? Its been trending right for the past 10 years or so, at least in presidential races.

You can say what you want about that race, but the fact is that Wisconsin knowingly re-elected Ron Johnson, knowing that he is an insurrectionist, i simply can't trust a state like that.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
It shifted back ever so slightly in the 2020 election, before that? Its been trending right for the past 10 years or so, at least in presidential races.

You can say what you want about that race, but the fact is that Wisconsin knowingly re-elected Ron Johnson, knowing that he is an insurrectionist, i simply can't trust a state like that.
Again, the presidential vote is a different animal to state politics. The State Senate and House are ridiculously gerrymandered, but every other state wide office is held by a Dem. The state is prob 52-48 ish, so the races will always be close.

The city’s and suburbs keep getting bluer and the rural areas redder, but the populations in those areas are not growing at the same rate. I think (hope) that this SC race goes to the Dem.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Is biden even running next election? I remember there being talk that it would be one and done due to his age?

Can sleepy Joe beat trump twice?

RedDevilQuebecois

Is biden even running next election? I remember there being talk that it would be one and done due to his age?

Can sleepy Joe beat trump twice?
Jill Biden spoke to CNN in a full interview due to be aired on Thursday night. She said she's all for it if Joe runs in 2024.

With the way Joe handled the last SOTU, I think he can and will go for it. Trump has already shown he's nothing but hot air in recent years; he will get eviscerated if he faces Biden again instead of being behind bars for multiple crimes.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Seems like a lot of groups, be it person or corporate, fox news, club for growth, Jeb Bush and so on, are all in it for DeSantis.

Seems like 2016 all over again, Trump gets to play the anti-establishment candidate again, furthermore, polls shows time and again that a crowded field favors Trump, so it may not matter that DeSantis is the favorite in a 1v1 or against Biden.

Its anyone's gess, but i do think Trump will win the nomination yet again.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Seems like a lot of groups, be it person or corporate, fox news, club for growth, Jeb Bush and so on, are all in it for DeSantis.

Seems like 2016 all over again, Trump gets to play the anti-establishment candidate again, furthermore, polls shows time and again that a crowded field favors Trump, so it may not matter that DeSantis is the favorite in a 1v1 or against Biden.

Its anyone's gess, but i do think Trump will win the nomination yet again.
And the presidency

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not until Trump stops being the polling frontrunner
That is laying down a little bit of a marker though by not inviting him. Polls are a bit all over the place currently. Will be entertaining to see if CfG holds true to its early marker or acquiesces like you are saying.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Trump is so simple. He may be brute and lack sophistication. But he indeed represents the majority of Republicans in his way of thoughts and rhetoric.

He's giving them a voice they dare not utter individually.

Now he's a headache for both parties

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Trump is so simple. He may be brute and lack sophistication. But he indeed represents the majority of Republicans in his way of thoughts and rhetoric.

He's giving them a voice they dare not utter individually.

Now he's a headache for both parties
He's certainly not a headache for the Dems. They need him to stick around and erode DeSantis before inevitably getting indicted.

RedDevil@84

Ok I am late to the party. Is it gonna be Trump vs Biden? Looks like a walkover for Trump then

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Unlikely.
In my opinion is about timing. in 2 years lots of things can happen like we had seen with war, pandemic, etc. Maybe China? Trump is great spinning the shit fan. Unlikely it was in 2016 also and yes, we know that now Trump doesn't come as a surprise but man, this guy know how to play the grifting game like no other

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
In my opinion is about timing. in 2 years lots of things can happen like we had seen with war, pandemic, etc. Maybe China? Trump is great spinning the shit fan. Unlikely it was in 2016 also and yes, we know that now Trump doesn't come as a surprise but man, this guy know how to play the grifting game like no other
Many things can happen, sure, but Trump has a problem with a few states, as of now, i don't see how he wins back Michigan and Pennsylvania, he needs both to win the presidential election, or make it up somewhere else, and i don't see where.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Yeah, Biden will triumph against Trump in 2024.

Biden vs De Santis.....I'm unsure. I think Ron is totally underrated as he's been side stepping presidency comments.

Either way, I do believe that both Senate and House will firmly be red in 2024 and that's worrisome!

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Think the 2022 election made a serious dent on his electability as his candidates didn't do well in key battles. If it's him vs Santis, I predict the primary will be far closer than current polls predict.

4bars

Supports
Barcelona
Think the 2022 election made a serious dent on his electability as his candidates didn't do well in key battles. If it's him vs Santis, I predict the primary will be far closer than current polls predict.
Could be but as i read, withthe electorate fractioned with more than 2 candidates, i think trump has the advantage in the primaries. I think that we will have to see when the nasty battle will start

Also de Santis might prefer to pass than risking being damaged for good. He is under 50. He can wait 30 years like biden

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Yeah, Biden will triumph against Trump in 2024.

Biden vs De Santis.....I'm unsure. I think Ron is totally underrated as he's been side stepping presidency comments.

Either way, I do believe that both Senate and House will firmly be red in 2024 and that's worrisome!
I see the abortion issue again helping the Dems hold the Senate. House might be a bridge too far, but it’s possible.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Could be but as i read, withthe electorate fractioned with more than 2 candidates, i think trump has the advantage in the primaries. I think that we will have to see when the nasty battle will start

Also de Santis might prefer to pass than risking being damaged for good. He is under 50. He can wait 30 years like biden
His Napoleonic complex won’t let him not run in 2024. We will know if he is running immediately after rumors of the FL law being changed to let the governor seek higher office are broadcast by the press.

No one with any political nous will announce before April, that’s when we should hear affirmatives from both Biden & DeSantis.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Not sure. It's been 3 years since the supreme Court judgement. it'll become irrelevant.
That’s what pundits said about 2022. It will never become irrelevant to those it negatively affects. It’s much larger an issue than just Roe being overturned.