2024 U.S. Elections

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Internal Dem poll

I do think Sinema is toast. I wonder if we see her flip in 24 to the GOP in response to “Dems are bad” so she can run as incumbent and maybe win a primary.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I do think Sinema is toast. I wonder if we see her flip in 24 to the GOP in response to “Dems are bad” so she can run as incumbent and maybe win a primary.
I wouldn’t put it passed her as a desperate attempt to stay in power. Fortunately it probably wouldn’t work since Arizona R voters are pretty right wing, so someone who mostly voted with the Dems during Biden’s term would have a hard time making it out of an R primary.

Gallego is likely to gain traction since AZ is trending Dem and it’s highest concentration of Dems are Maricopa Co Hispanics.

surf

Unless he runs as a third party candidate this will not happen.
Bernie is up for re-election to Senate in 24, and is a shoe-in if he runs. Now that the Dems have more control in the Senate he's a major player there and chair of an important committee. I don't think he'd give that up to run for president.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
Exactly, but Trump doesn't give a feck. It's now all about destroying desantis
True, which is why DeSantis will be busting his guts to get that pee video from Russia :lol:

atkar83

Exactly, but Trump doesn't give a feck. It's now all about destroying desantis
Whatever little support he has behind the scenes won't let him run. He's already basically lost Fox News, and the MAGA types are distancing themselves from him. Him running would destroy the GOP, they won't let him run third party no matter what they have to do.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Whatever little support he has behind the scenes won't let him run. He's already basically lost Fox News, and the MAGA types are distancing themselves from him. Him running would destroy the GOP, they won't let him run third party no matter what they have to do.
They couldn't stop him if they wanted to, do you think he gives a feck about the GOP, the only way he doesn't run is if he's indicted and looking to be going to jail

atkar83

They couldn't stop him if they wanted to, do you think he gives a feck about the GOP, the only way he doesn't run is if he's indicted and looking to be going to jail
The GOP is basically paying his lawyer bills right now. If he does anything to mess up their chances at 2024 that funding along with any funding from right wing think tanks dries up, and on top of that the entire RW media will make him out to be a RINO to make him lose whatever grasp he has left on his base. I'm sure the types like Koch Brothers have information on him they'll use as a worst case scenario too

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The GOP is basically paying his lawyer bills right now. If he does anything to mess up their chances at 2024 that funding along with any funding from right wing think tanks dries up, and on top of that the entire RW media will make him out to be a RINO to make him lose whatever grasp he has left on his base. I'm sure the types like Koch Brothers have information on him they'll use as a worst case scenario too
If Trump isn' the nominee he'll run as the 3rd party - he has a lot of money in Super Pacs, he doesn't need that much anyway because he'll just have rallies all over the place and get all the TV coverage he needs, there's only 1 Koch brother now and he'll support anyone else not named Trump

RedDevilQuebecois

Well, I guess we can say that Joe Biden is on course to lead the run for the DNC into 2024 after that State of the Union Address. Unless something dramatic happens from now until summer of next year, that is what will happen.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Well, I guess we can say that Joe Biden is on course to lead the run for the DNC into 2024 after that State of the Union Address. Unless something dramatic happens from now until summer of next year, that is what will happen.
Yes, he looks like he’s not just running but also heading into election season with a bit of momentum, especially with Trump calling his chief R rival a pedo today.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yes, he looks like he’s not just running but also heading into election season with a bit of momentum, especially with Trump calling his chief R rival a pedo today.
If the GOP doesn't sort out the debt ceiling it'll be a landslide, the economy will dive and the people know exactly who will be to blame, FL and AZ will be as blue as CA and NY if that happens

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
The RNC stopped paying his legal bills once he declared as a candidate as doing so would be in kind contributions.

The United

If the GOP doesn't sort out the debt ceiling it'll be a landslide, the economy will dive and the people know exactly who will be to blame, FL and AZ will be as blue as CA and NY if that happens
No, they would still blame on Biden and Democrats and it would probably make Trump the president again.

WPMUFC

He'll get convinced to run, too many people want Trump sidelined and their other candidates are beyond desantis levels of pathetic.

They'll throw so much money at him to run it will be impossible to say no. The problem he has is that he's a shit politician. If he gets the nomination, can you imagine going into purple states and talking about "trying to make Disney World less woke". Florida has been fully captured by the insanity, but Georgia and Arizona etc aren't receptive to Florida nonsense as much.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
No, they would still blame on Biden and Democrats and it would probably make Trump the president again.
Don't be so sure, I talked to my wife's cousin not long ago, he's as Trumpian as you get + he lives in The Villages in FL, according to him there'll be a backlash against the GOP if it happens because the retiree's are the ones who'll be fecked the most

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
Don't be so sure, I talked to my wife's cousin not long ago, he's as Trumpian as you get + he lives in The Villages in FL, according to him there'll be a backlash against the GOP if it happens because the retiree's are the ones who'll be fecked the most
The Villages as in the properties mentioned in this article? I'd be really curious what he thinks (even as a Trumper)

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The Villages as in the properties mentioned in this article? I'd be really curious what he thinks (even as a Trumper)
The one and the same place, now this a Republican stronghold even without Trump, though he's quite popular there

Many Americans have investment portfolios, 401K being the most popular, essentially they're retirement pensions (it's a bit more complicated than that but that's the basic idea)

Retirees in places like the Villages tend to be at the weathier end of the spectrum, they use the money from their investments to supplement their Social Security benefits from the Government to fund their lifestyle (and healthcare)

If the US government defaults on debt repayment the stock market and US economy will collapse and the value of the investments, and thus their lifestyle, will tank.

MAGA Republicans are the blocker to raising the debt ceiling and everyone knows this, if it happens, Grandma and Granddad America are going to be seriously affected and pissed and in a country where the $$$ is king there'll be a price to pay

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
The one and the same place, now this a Republican stronghold even without Trump, though he's quite popular there

Many Americans have investment portfolios, 401K being the most popular, essentially they're retirement pensions (it's a bit more complicated than that but that's the basic idea)

Retirees in places like the Villages tend to be at the weathier end of the spectrum, they use the money from their investments to supplement their Social Security benefits from the Government to fund their lifestyle (and healthcare)

If the US government defaults on debt repayment the stock market and US economy will collapse and the value of the investments, and thus their lifestyle, will tank.

MAGA Republicans are the blocker to raising the debt ceiling and everyone knows this, if it happens, Grandma and Granddad America are going to be seriously affected and pissed and in a country where the $$$ is king there'll be a price to pay
I was just meaning in relation to the article's craziness itself actually but this is an interesting point. It could be a strong wedge between retiree Republicans and all the younger crazy MAGA heads. Defaulting on debt repayment is, overall, just an idiotic prospect from any economic point of view. Hopefully, the MAGA idiots push that and it fails completely.

InfiniteBoredom

So is Ron challenging Don or non? If we don’t know, when will we realistically find out?
The next couple of months is when candidates traditionally start flocking to IA/NH. If he’s running then we will know soon enough, since campaign flunkies are being recruited right now. Latecomers will lose out on the cream of the crop (although most of them are useless anyway, but tradition dictates)