2024 U.S. Elections

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Very impressive merriam-webster. dictionary one of America's most trusted, and the free dictionary one of the most comprehensive ...so presumably that's where he got it from... as I said its one definition... and as I also said.... its fine by me! .

However it is all to do with the context of use of the phrase a 'free press'. In the context of politics/government interference, etc. it can be considered to fit as both the publications you quote stipulate; however in the context of allowing any party/persons 'free access' to present their views whether truthfully, or right or wrong it is not, in that context because of the laws of (most) countries would prohibit such freedom, it is not a 'free press' because of these restrictions. I prefer the wider interpretation that a truly 'free press' would allow access, right or wrong.
'Free press' has but one definition, the aforementioned. Your opinion of 'free press' is decidedly not that, yet you continue to act as though it is of equal import to an actual fact.

You have a penchant for elevating your opinions to fact in your mind & in light of disproving evidence & somehow you think that both the fact & your opinion should be respected as equals.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Essentially, let's all root for the Orangeman to win GOP election.
Or rather, root for him to damage DeSantis to where Trump's base will never accept him after Trump's inevitable indictment. At that point both Trump and DeSantis would be unviable.

Maticmaker

'Free press' has but one definition, the aforementioned. Your opinion of 'free press' is decidedly not that, yet you continue to act as though it is of equal import to an actual fact.

You have a penchant for elevating your opinions to fact in your mind & in light of disproving evidence & somehow you think that both the fact & your opinion should be respected as equals.
Exactly it is my opinion and I have set out why I hold that opinion, and in what context.

You may have a different opinion and that's perfectly alright, except that you ignore the context in which I was offering 'an opinion' and demand we all should only take your context as valid.

I don't think anything of the sort, because in this case the context is different, so what maybe considered fact in one context is not in another where the parameters that define the context are altered.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
Exactly it is my opinion and I have set out why I hold that opinion, and in what context.

You may have a different opinion and that's perfectly alright, except that you ignore the context in which I was offering 'an opinion' and demand we all should only take your context as valid.

I don't think anything of the sort, because in this case the context is different, so what maybe considered fact in one context is not in another where the parameters that define the context are altered.
Jesus, do you write Trumps word salad speeches for him? That post is like being stuck on a never ending roundabout in a Citroen Saxo.

Maticmaker

Jesus, do you write Trumps word salad speeches for him? That post is like being stuck on a never ending roundabout in a Citroen Saxo.
I take it you disagree fair enough... incidentally I have never owned or driven a Citroen Saxo so I would not venture an opinion, I take you have?

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I don't think he will be ball and chained at the ADX Supermax in Florence, but any form of incarceration will be viewed as Prison, even if its a Martha Stewart style lock up.
Martha Stewart at least was in a Federal facility. Trump, I think, will get a Mar-a-Lago detention at worst. I'd love to be wrong about that one though!

SO we have another round of people getting caught in @Maticmaker ramblings? Please dont
I think it's important to at least get one post of historically accurate context down for the record but yeah, it's really just a roundabout when someone doesn't discuss in good faith.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
So you've been to Abingdon then, went there once, was roundabout hell!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
I for one am looking forward to this fight, which will be more of a public ass whoopin' Trump is about to unleash him him, just as he did on Cruz, Rubio, and Jeb in 16.
Yep, Trump hasn’t really gotten out of second gear yet. Playing single A ball right now.

It will ramp up gloriously.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid

I don't understand how they conduct these polls, republicans haven't won the popular vote in the presidential elections since like forever, and yet you have some of them, every election season, showing republicans winning the popular vote.

Electoral college is rigged, so it gives republicans a chance, but republicans winning the popular vote simply isn't happening, end of story.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
:lol:

Not sure why he is even bothering to get into the race, unless of course he's pimping himself out as a potential VP for the eventual nominee.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Yikes. Imagine DeSantimonious controlling the DoJ.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ron-desantis-president-andrew-warren_n_6464326fe4b056fd46d639f9
Ron DeSantis Is About To Run For President. Andrew Warren Has A Warning.
The Democratic prosecutor for a Florida county was suspended by DeSantis, a move he believes has been chilling for democracy. "No one else should have to adjust their behavior to the whims of the dictator," he said.

-- “I may have earned 50% of the vote, but that entitled me to wield 100% of the executive power.” --

-- “We’ve got a governor who believes he’s the ultimate ruler of the state. He’s taking away people’s freedom of speech and he’s removing officers who have been elected by their constituents at the local level,” --

Last edited:

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Yikes. Imagine DeSantimonious controlling the DoJ.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ron-desantis-president-andrew-warren_n_6464326fe4b056fd46d639f9
Ron DeSantis Is About To Run For President. Andrew Warren Has A Warning.
The Democratic prosecutor for a Florida county was suspended by DeSantis, a move he believes has been chilling for democracy. "No one else should have to adjust their behavior to the whims of the dictator," he said.

-- “I may have earned 50% of the vote, but that entitled me to wield 100% of the executive power.” --

-- “We’ve got a governor who believes he’s the ultimate ruler of the state. He’s taking away people’s freedom of speech and he’s removing officers who have been elected by their constituents at the local level,” --
Fortunately he's tanking in the polls. His only hope is for a Trump indictment and incarceration.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
Fortunately he's tanking in the polls. His only hope is for a Trump indictment and incarceration.
Which is possible. And we know if he is elected as the party's choice after the primaries these assclowns will support him in full. Only hope then is Trump runs a proxy campaign while "incarcerated" at Mar-a-Lago.